pixeltracker

The Best Year On Broadway (FOR YOU!!)

The Best Year On Broadway (FOR YOU!!)

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#1The Best Year On Broadway (FOR YOU!!)
Posted: 9/30/08 at 12:12am

2008 has been the biggest year for me so far on the Great White Way.

Events/Shows I have and will Attend this year

Pamela's First Musical May ‎18, ‎2008

62nd Annual Tony Awards June 15, 2008

Meeting Bjorn (ABBA), Colin Firth, and Meryl Streep at Mamma Mia Movie Premiere. July 16th , 2008

Broadway On Broadway September 14th 2008

Final Xanadu Performance Sept. 28 2008

Attending 1st Preview for Billy Elliot Oct. 1 , 2008

Yes it Cost a lot of money but you can always earn more money. You can't earn these Once In A lifetime experiences.

What year is the most significant to you on Broadway?

Pamela's 1st Musical

The Best Year On Broadway  (FOR YOU!!)

62nd Annual Tonys Radio City Music Hall's Lobby filled with glamor.

Meeting Meryl Streep At The Mamma Mia Movie Premiere in NYC. and also getting on TV

Carolee Carmello Belting The Winner Takes It All in Time Square for Broadway On Broadway

Final Xanadu Performance

1st Preview of Billy Elliot On Broadway

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall
Updated On: 10/3/08 at 12:12 AM

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#2re: The Best Year On Broadway (FOR YOU!!)
Posted: 9/30/08 at 12:14am

2006 was a big year for me

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#2re: The Best Year On Broadway (FOR YOU!!)
Posted: 10/3/08 at 9:19pm

Before I went into the city on Oct. 1st I took out photos of both my grandmothers, both now deceased. I listened to
"The Letter" and I was in complete tears. I was sad but happy. The past few years of my life have been difficult. People have come and gone. This year I know my grandmothers have seen me grow in so many ways. But the thing that would really stand out to my grandmothers the most is finding peace and happiness within myself. I told Carole Shelley that she reminds me of my grandmothers.

But Please Joey Know That We Will Always Be With You.....

re: The Best Year On Broadway  (FOR YOU!!)

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#3re: The Best Year On Broadway (FOR YOU!!)
Posted: 10/3/08 at 9:37pm

You know I would have to say that 2007 was very special for me. I am a huge Musical Theatre fan and last year October was my very first trip to New York ever, and first time seeing a broadway show. I saw Young Frankenstein on my very first night, so it stole my Broadway virginity. I absolutely loved it, contrary to other views. Then I saw Mary Poppins with Ashley Brown, whose voice I have loved for years since I saw her in On The Record regionally. Then I saw the first preview of Rock N' Roll. Which was okay, not a HUGE fan of plays. Saturday afternoon I saw spelling bee, which was hilarious and that night I saw curtains, and got the best souvenir. The whole cast signed this framed print. It is awesome. And then sunday before we left I saw the orignal cast of SA. It was wonderful and I can't wait to repeat this awesome experience in a few weeks with a whole plethora of new shows. (In The Heights, The 39 Steps, Legally Blonde, Phantom, August: OC and Gypsy)

cheapcoloredlights3
#4re: The Best Year On Broadway (FOR YOU!!)
Posted: 10/3/08 at 9:44pm

2008, actually. Saw my first show ever in '06 (Lion King) and Wicked and Rent later on in '07.

From Jan. 1, 2008 on, I attended:

RENT (9x)
Wicked(x4)
In The Heights (x2)
Legally Blonde (x2)
Spring Awakening
[title of show]
August:Osage County
Jersey Boys
Mamma Mia
November
Young Frankenstien
Hairspray

And I'm 13 in DC, so I think I've done pretty well. :)

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#5re: The Best Year On Broadway (FOR YOU!!)
Posted: 10/3/08 at 11:13pm

I would have to say 2008 for me since this was the year I fell in love with Broadway. I always loved movie musicals as a kid and have seen a couple regional and Broadway stuff before, but it all didn’t hit me until this year, as if some sort of spark went off inside me after seeing a show in Jan. 2008. The shows I’ve seen this year are:

Mary Poppins, Next to Normal, Wicked (x3), Young Frankenstein, Gypsy (x3), Avenue Q, Xanadu.
And before the year ends I hope to see: Spring Awakening, August, All My Sons, and pretty much anything else I can.
I also went to the Broadway Flea Market for the first time (and know that that’s another tradition I’ll have to look forward to each year).
I regret missing out on some shows that I never got a chance to see before it was too late (such as Sunday in the Park with George, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, and the closing performance of Xanadu). But otherwise, I think I’ve made a pretty decent start to a lifetime full of theater-going.

I fully enjoyed every experience at a show and feel honored to have met many of my favorite performers. I have so many good memories, this thread reminded me of what a great Broadway-related year I’ve had.

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#7re: The Best Year On Broadway (FOR YOU!!)
Posted: 10/3/08 at 11:21pm

the 06-07 season was amazing

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#8re: The Best Year On Broadway (FOR YOU!!)
Posted: 10/3/08 at 11:24pm

2008, only because I don't have anything else to compare it to. My first show ever was Mamma Mia last June (2007).

My list for this year:

1. Chicago
2. Spamalot (twice)
3. In The Heights
4. Xanadu (twice)
5. Hairspray
6. Forbidden Broadway (Okay, this is an off Broadway show, but I'll still count it.)

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#9re: The Best Year On Broadway (FOR YOU!!)
Posted: 10/4/08 at 12:42am

For me, every year's 'my best year' - I don't like to label timeframes, they're unimportant. For the sake of this thread, however, I've taken it upon myself to list my theatergoing history from January 1st 2008 to the last show I have booke (thus far):

January 2 - ROCK 'n' ROLL
January 3 - IS HE DEAD?
January 7 - The Fantasticks
January 10 - THE LION KING
January 16 - NOVEMBER
January 30 - The Little Mermaid
March 5 - PASSING STRANGE
March 29 - IN THE HEIGHTS
April 9 - Macbeth
April 19 - SUNDAY...
April 21 - A Catered Affair
April 29 - Thurgood
April 30 - AUGUST: Osage County
May 14 - Cry-Baby
May 21 - SPAMALOT
May 27 - GYPSY
May 29 - Saved
May 31 - CHICAGO
June 4 - Boeing Boeing
June 11 - CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF
June 19 - The 39 Steps
June 22 - ADD1NG MACH1N3
July 15 - The Country Girl
July 17 - DAMN YANKEES
July 22 - (title of show)
August 19 - SOUTH PACIFIC
September 15 - A TALE OF TWO CITIES
September 20 - To Be or Not To Be
September 30 - FORBIDDEN B'WAY: Goes to Rehab
October 14 - The Tempest
November 1 - SPEED-THE-PLOW
November 15 - American Buffalo

I'm hoping to book 4 more shows before January 1st 2009, so I can 'even-it-out' by having seen 36 shows in one year.

Videos