Play Revivals!

OneSongGlory90 Profile Photo
OneSongGlory90
#1Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 1:41pm

How does everyone feel about a revival of Thornton Wilder's amazing play Our Town or a revival of Brian Friel's Dancing at Lughnasa?

Gothampc
#2re: Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 1:49pm

"Our Town" was just revived in 2002-2003 on Broadway. Plus it's done all over the place. I'd rather see a good revival of "The Matchmaker" or "Skin of Our Teeth".

I'd like to see a revival of "Dancing at Lughnasa".

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#2re: Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 1:52pm

I'd like to see new plays on Broadway, please. For a nifty change of pace.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

bwaylvsong
#3re: Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 3:11pm

Ooh a revival of "The Matchmaker" (or "Hello, Dolly!") would be awesome!

Ed_Mottershead
#4re: Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 3:35pm

I've never seen a production of The Skin of Our Teeth and would love to have that opportunity.

BroadwayEd

haddaddy3 Profile Photo
haddaddy3
#5re: Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 4:05pm

I would kill to see a Broadway revival of ANGELS IN AMERICA!

You look absolutely terrific, honestly.

Gothampc
#6re: Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 4:30pm

Megan Mullally as Dolly in "The Matchmaker". Maybe Ron Rifkin as Horace.

Several years ago, the Public did a production of "Skin..." in Central Park. John Goodman was Mr. Antrobus and gave a great performance. Kristen Johnson was Sabina and IMO gave a mediocre performance.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 10/7/08 at 04:30 PM

perfectliar
#7re: Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 5:46pm

A revival of The Matchmaker starring Megan Mullally would be amazing. Or a revival of Skin of Our Teeth with John Lithgow as Mr. Antrobus.

And just last week I saw Marian Seldes and Edward Albee speak at a conference in NJ, and it made me think that Marian would be an inspired choice to play the Stage Manager if a revival of Our Town ever came to be.

kissynose
#8re: Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 6:21pm

Has Funny Girl Ever been revived?

perfectliar
#9re: Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 6:25pm

kissynose - No, but it's not a play... it's a musical.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#10re: Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 7:34pm

I'd also love to see Lughnasa--I've only ever seen a really unfortunate student production.

And though I'd kill for an Angels in America revival because I was just a touch too young last time around, is it time yet? Also, isn't the Signature doing a Kushner year soon? What are the chances they'd tackle Angels?

OneSongGlory90 Profile Photo
OneSongGlory90
#11re: Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 9:06pm

I would love to see both! I was in Our Town when i was in elementary and really didnt understand it but fell in love with it my senior year. I saw Dancing at Lughnasa at a state uil meet and it was breathtaking.

haddaddy3 Profile Photo
haddaddy3
#12re: Play Revivals!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 9:17pm

I would love to see Signature do ANGELS, hopefully a full production. However, it hasn't been on Broadway in years, and with the increased interest brought on by the HBO film, I think any time would be a good time for a revival.

You look absolutely terrific, honestly.

Videos