Broadway Theatre Stage Door?

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#1Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/6/09 at 4:48pm

Hey All -

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction, pertaining to the Broadway Theatre's stage door?

Any and all insight appreciated.

Best,
- Mike Broadway Theatre Stage Door?

KirbyCat
#2re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/6/09 at 4:50pm

If you walk down the sidewalk DIRECTLY to the right of theater, you should see the stage door only about 30 feet(?) down.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#2re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/6/09 at 4:50pm

It's on 53rd street between Broadway and 8th!

KirbyCat
#3re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/6/09 at 4:52pm

Wait, was I right? (I know not as specific, but really?)

Winston3
#4re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/6/09 at 4:52pm

If your standing in front of the theatre you would need to make a right and turn the corner. You should see against the wall a bunch of posters for Broadway shows. You should also be able to see in front of you a big ad for Pal Joey (because the stage door for Studio 54 is right across the street from the Broadway's stag door). Keep walking straight and you should see a crowd of people there and keep in mind that the barricades have a green tarp on them with the Shrek logo.

Hope this is helpful.

Goodbye Sister Disco

KirbyCat
#5re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/6/09 at 4:54pm

(Yay!) I was right! Lol.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#6re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/6/09 at 5:28pm

Well, standing in front facing the theatre you need to make a right.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#7re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/6/09 at 7:38pm

Right. If you're leaving the front of the theater make a left and then a left onto 53rd.

They should also have barricades out as well.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

brandonm2 Profile Photo
brandonm2
#8re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/9/09 at 5:00pm

how crowded has it been lately?

Gary Indiana
#9re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/9/09 at 5:52pm

I was there about a week ago and it wasn't too crowded. There were enough people to fill the 2 barricaded areas without any over flow (probably about 30ish people). The actors were really nice about making sure to get to everyone who was waiting for them.

Hank
#10re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/9/09 at 5:53pm

Does Sutton stop to sign? I missed her early on in previews.
Also, did they ever get rid of all that construction debris?

MillieDillmount Profile Photo
MillieDillmount
#11re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/9/09 at 7:10pm

Honestly, with Sutton I'd say it's best to meet her before the show. She very rarely comes out the stage door anymore.

But if you get to the stage door about two hours before the show starts, you should be able to catch her going in. I know a lot of people on here thinks it's rude, but Sutton really doesn't mind it. I mean if she really hated meeting her fans before the show I'm sure she wouldn't stop and talk and sign stuff and pose for a picture. She could just ingore her fans and walk right in, but she doesn't once she realizes you are waiting for her. She really is a sweet person!

WishingOnlyWounds2
#12re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/9/09 at 7:13pm

I met her after the show on Jan. 1st and double took when she walked out the door because I heard she just about never comes out, and she didn't when I saw her in Young Frankenstein. But she was so nice. She signed for everyone, someone actually brought a ton of playbills from her previous shows and she laughed and said "wow, you came prepared." and signed them all, she also posed for pictures.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

kingtito133
#13re: Broadway Theatre Stage Door?
Posted: 1/10/09 at 12:52am

Saw the Dec. 29 show and stage door was not crowded at all. About 30 people, maybe,at the start and it dwindled to about 15. Sutton did come out along with most of the cast sans Brian and Daniel.

Brian takes at least 45 minutes to get out of make up (I don't know what delayed Daniel.) I was lucky enough to get to go backstage and meet those two, but doubt this happens.

All the cast except for the two younger Fiona's were more that happy to stop sign and take pics, even in the quite chilly night.