Speed-the-Plow Recoups

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#25re: Speed-the-Plow Recoups
Posted: 1/29/09 at 11:54pm

If they do transfer, the only actor I can see staying with the show is Raul. Not just because there is talks of him getting the Tony for his work in it. But, I haven't heard him lined up for anything else and, hey, a job's a job.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#26re: Speed-the-Plow Recoups
Posted: 1/30/09 at 10:25am

Update to my earlier posts - the Speed-the-Plow producers said in Variety today that they WILL close at the Barrymore on February 22 and not move, as had been speculated. Sorry for the bum steer.
Variety - Speed the Pow

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

jennyish Profile Photo
jennyish
#27re: Speed-the-Plow Recoups
Posted: 1/30/09 at 11:58am

Yay! This is great news. My hopes were raised and dashed a little about the extension, but congratulations nonetheless to Speed-the-Plow.

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#28re: Speed-the-Plow Recoups
Posted: 1/30/09 at 8:07pm

Boo to no transfer, but at least that boosts the hopes of The Cripple of Inishmaan or Desire Under the Elms transferring... or both.

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#29re: Speed-the-Plow Recoups
Posted: 1/30/09 at 9:39pm

Now, once they sue Piven for bailing ont hem, they'll really get in the black! re: Speed-the-Plow Recoups

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#30re: Speed-the-Plow Recoups
Posted: 1/31/09 at 11:18am

I'm actually sorry we saw it with Piven as Macy sounds much better.

Truth be told, Piven did not exactly set the world on fire with his performance.

Poster Emeritus

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#31re: Speed-the-Plow Recoups
Posted: 1/31/09 at 11:20am

Well, neither does Macy. That would have been Norbert. I like Macy (and I liked Piven, too), but I'm sorry Norbert couldn't have either opened the show or stayed longer.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Videos