pixeltracker

TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004- Page 2

TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#25re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/13/04 at 8:54pm

Even though it's closing, there could still be a recording, even if they release it later. For example, Zanna Don't, Amour...

LC
#26re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/13/04 at 8:54pm

I don't think it's been recorded though re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:  re:  TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#27re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/13/04 at 9:37pm

Well, financially speaking when a show closes this early it is characterized as a flop. So, bearing in mind that a cast album costs money to produce, I don't think it is going to happen. Maybe the score is wondeful, but noone is in this business for charity and let's face it, who will want to throw more money for a cast recording that will only be bought from the fans of the show who were not enough to keep it open ? I believe that the CDs of the shows that closed early were recorded BEFORE the final notice, so they had no chance but releasing them.
But, it is always so sad when a show closes. Some people put their hearts and dreams in it and they were dissapointed and that alone is reason enough to feel bad. I feel sorry for everyone, even for Boy George whose arrogant behavior I dislike.

Take care Updated On: 1/13/04 at 09:37 PM

Becky
#28re: re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/13/04 at 9:54pm

Well, financially speaking when a show closes this early it is characterized as a flop. So, bearing in mind that a cast album costs money to produce, I don't think it is going to happen.

Well, it *is* Rosie we are talking about. If she's as determined as she sounds about wanting the Broadway production to be recorded, it just might be.

cbrown828
#29re: re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/13/04 at 9:58pm

its a sad day, but i day i knew would come. too bad, but those numbers it would have never survivied the slow winter months.i suggest if u haven't seen get there before it closes.
and dose anyone know if they are keeping the prices low and honoring discounts even if it's closing.

cabarethed
#30re: re: re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/13/04 at 10:03pm

Sigh...I'm very sad. But not surprised at all. I'll join everyone else in saying I Really hope a cast recording is made. Yeah there's the London one, but there are a few added songs to the US production. re: re: re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004 Already planning my final times. And you know, this was supposed to be my Cabaret rebound. Even my rebound leaves me right away! Lol!

Dollypop
#31re: re: re: re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/13/04 at 10:41pm

Maggie, you'd better use those rain-checks pronto!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Sunfish
#32TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/13/04 at 11:01pm

I'm wondering if the theater invoked the stop clause. According to the Newsday article just this week, Rosie was committed to the show. And they just started that new ad campaign. Just a thought.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#33re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/13/04 at 11:42pm

Maybe they should have kept the original script. Sometimes, change ISN'T a good thing. They should have kept with the show they had in London.

koala808
#34re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/13/04 at 11:48pm

I don't know about Zanna Don't, but Amour was either recorded or released approximately 7 months AFTER the show closed.

cmleidi
#35re: re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/13/04 at 11:51pm

The original script wouldn't have helped. It had the same problems as the current one.

mebice Profile Photo
mebice
#36re: re: re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/13/04 at 11:56pm

Oh this is soooo sad....this is one of the best musicals i have seen in a long time. STUPID CRITICS!

"Hold up your head. Never be afraid to shine. Viva la difference in my body and my mind. All out with loneliness Such a waste of time. Come in from the outside" ~ Taboo

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#37re: re: re: re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:38am

I agree with Becky reguarding the recording. If Rosie (Bless her) was willing to take such a loss to try to find an audience for her "Baby", I am sure she will not mind spending a little more to have the ultimate "Baby Book." The show will be recorded, mark my words. If, as people have said, the score is the best thing about the show how can she, great lover of Broadway, not preserve it for, if no one else, her real babies. She is too dedicated to this project not to leave a mark. And let's not forget, it could still get multiple Tony Noms.

PEACE.

mebice Profile Photo
mebice
#38re: re: re: re: re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:45am

Thats the thing..it can still get nominated? I didn't realize that...maybe she could open it again...in 6 months in a smaller venue? do you think she would that? i don't know...sorry still in shock...i saw the percentages...but i didn't care
i was in love with the show, and we you are in love...you are blinded

"Hold up your head. Never be afraid to shine. Viva la difference in my body and my mind. All out with loneliness Such a waste of time. Come in from the outside" ~ Taboo

Sunfish
#39TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:45am

Hope, Hope...I like Hope......

mebice Profile Photo
mebice
#40re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:49am

I will play the cd on repeat for at least 72 hours...to pay my respects ;(
i know its not closed yet...

Maggie Profile Photo
Maggie
#41re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/14/04 at 8:25pm

I know, I know. I guess I'll be getting over there ASAP.

bernadette88
#42re: re: re: TABOO TO CLOSE ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2004
Posted: 1/14/04 at 9:02pm

Thanks god! I was wondering when they were finally gonna get smart???