Victor Hawks fans?

Valjeanjolras Profile Photo
Valjeanjolras
#1Victor Hawks fans?
Posted: 2/26/09 at 11:38pm

Is there anyone else out there who is a big fan of Victor Hawks? I just think his character work is unbeatable... There are so many character actors out there like Victor who put in great performances consistently, and I just hope at some point he gets a big role, and maybe even a tony!! Also, I didn't get a chance to see him, but i heard when he went on as Valjean understudy in the Les Mis revival that he was amazing!!! Thoughts?

FindingNamo
#2re: Victor Hawks fans?
Posted: 2/26/09 at 11:53pm

I think you're great, Victor.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

HOUFlip04 Profile Photo
HOUFlip04
#2re: Victor Hawks fans?
Posted: 2/27/09 at 12:39am

Victor will be happy to know that there are more people becoming fans of his. And his mom will too.

He left SP in January and is currently working on projects in LA.

This is Harvard, not a stripper bar...

kissmekateshindle Profile Photo
kissmekateshindle
#3re: Victor Hawks fans?
Posted: 3/1/09 at 4:46pm

I remember being floored listening to that tenor when I saw Vic as Robby The Stockfish in Urinetown. Listen to the recording. The tenor melody is crystal clear in Run Freedom Run due primarily to Victor W. Hawks. I really want to see a new revival of Forum for Vic. Wouldn't that be great? There are so many Broadway stars like Vic that don't get the recognition they deserve. Kate Shindle being number one. Thoughts?

HOUFlip04 Profile Photo
HOUFlip04
#4re: Victor Hawks fans?
Posted: 3/1/09 at 6:28pm

Victor was on Law and Order a few weeks ago.

This is Harvard, not a stripper bar...

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#5re: Victor Hawks fans?
Posted: 3/1/09 at 7:23pm

He went on for Danny in SP when I saw it last labor day and he was outstanding. I was floored. I couldnt imagine how danny could have ever been better. The scene when brackett is yelling at him there was so much going on i was overwhelmed it was the best Billis I have ever seen.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Valjeanjolras
#6re: Victor Hawks fans?
Posted: 3/1/09 at 9:12pm

That's what I'm saying! I think he's amazing!! So many character actors constantly turn out excellent performances in everything and never get any recognition! Raymond Jaramillo McLeod is another guy who I just think does nice nice work.

kissmekateshindle Profile Photo
kissmekateshindle
#7re: Victor Hawks fans?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 12:50am

Jaramillo! Finally someone has talked about that beautiful baritone. He could sing me to sleep every night and I would sleep like a broadway baby. I would love to see him back on Broadway sooner rather than later! Ever heard his solo album Jaramillo sings? His Nessun Dorma rivals Pavarotti.

Valjeanjolras
#8re: Victor Hawks fans?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 12:51am

I LOVE his Nessun Dorma! I can't believe you have his CD too!

Videos