pixeltracker

Susan Mosher Reunites with Diana Degarmo

Susan Mosher Reunites with Diana Degarmo

dutch46mill2
#1Susan Mosher Reunites with Diana Degarmo
Posted: 3/26/09 at 3:29pm

Susan Mosher is replacing Mary Birdsong in Back to Bacharach and David. She reunites with Diana Degarmo who played Penny Pingleton and Susan played Prudy Pingleton in Broadway's Hairspray. Show starts April 15 at the Music Box @Fonda In LA April 15 to May 17

zamedy
#2re: Susan Mosher Reunites with Diana Degarmo
Posted: 3/26/09 at 9:53pm

I didn't know Susan was with the show when Diana was. That would mean Susan played the Female Authority Figure in HAIRSPRAY longer than I thought. Great news. They are both immensely talented. Love them both.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#2re: Susan Mosher Reunites with Diana Degarmo
Posted: 3/27/09 at 6:04pm

I can not wait for this, I just started to research tickets

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

dutch46mill2
otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
the_gambler3 Profile Photo
the_gambler3
#5re: Susan Mosher Reunites with Diana Degarmo
Posted: 4/14/09 at 11:54pm

Awesome! Love it - this cast. It is going to be amazing. Susan and Diana can both sing their faces off. I'll be in LA in early May and will definitely catch the show. Can't wait!

dutch46mill2
#6re: Susan Mosher Reunites with Diana Degarmo
Posted: 4/15/09 at 5:20pm

Sounds like LA is revving up for this show
CELEB SCENE: Stars will be out en force for the Hollywood opening of the off-Broadway hit "Back to Bacharach and David," a tribute to the brilliant songs of Burt Bacharach and Hal David. Among those expected at the Sunday night (4/19) event at the Music Box Theatre at Fonda on Hollywood Blvd. are Meg Ryan, Teri Hatcher, Christina Applegate, Matthew Perry, Nia Vardalos, Helen Hunt, Anthony LaPaglia, Lily Tomlin, Jennie Garth, Kirstie Alley, Camryn Manheim, Jack Jones, Marilu Henner, Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, Ricki Lake ? and the show's director and co-creator (with Steve Gunderson), Kathy Najimy.

With reports by Emily Feimster.

Following from Kathy Najimi interview
?I?m always trying to make it more relevant and modern for today so there?s a lot of humor, a lot of sexuality and sexual ambiguity that happens in it which I really love. Moat of the songs really hold up but some of the songs are really period appropriate to the 60s and 70s and with those, we?ve taken the liberties to do a big dose of comedy - very tongue and cheek.?

Asked for an example of what doesn?t hold up, she says Wives and Lovers and begins to sing: ?Hey little girl, comb your hair, put on makeup, soon he will walk through the door. Don?t think because there?s a ring on your finger you don?t have to try anymore.?

So they let us really skew it and that song ends up in What?s New Pussycat? that Diana DeGarmo does as a bisexual rocker anthem (laughs). It?s great.? Another gay twist: ?Tom Lowe sings Anyone Who had a Heart and keeps the (male) gender.?

Videos