pixeltracker

In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a discount website?

In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a discount website?

kristinchenofan570 Profile Photo
kristinchenofan570
#1In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a discount website?
Posted: 3/29/09 at 3:44pm

So my friends and I are going up to New York and were not sure which of these two shows to see. My friends are not exactly theater people but they agreed to see these two or if I came up with a better one before the trip. I need them to be on TKTS or on a discount website, since I'm on a TKTS only budget and be a musical. Thanks so much for your help!

Remember when drama was only on the stage?

teka21
#2re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a discount website?
Posted: 3/29/09 at 3:49pm

See In The Heights- it is absolutely terrific and will appeal to people who are not necessarily "theater people" because the contemporary music is so vibrant and eclectic.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
renaibr
#3re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/29/09 at 8:29pm

try schooltix.com
and theatremania.com

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#4re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/29/09 at 8:32pm

In The Heights has not been on TKTS for the past few days. You'll have a shot if you go on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Even so, it's been 40% off, so it will run about $80 per ticket.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

kristinchenofan570
#5re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/29/09 at 10:04pm

$80 is still pricy considering my friends don't really want to spend a lot of money on it, but I'l decide after some more comments and other suggestions as well! Thanks so much though!

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#6re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/29/09 at 10:07pm

In The Heights is worth it.
And its almost guarenteed that your friends who don't normally go to theater will love it.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

CSonBroadway
#7re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a

In The Heights is worth it.
And its almost guarenteed that your friends who don't normally go to theater will love it.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#8re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a

Could/would you stand for a show? Some offer standing room when the performance is sold out.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

bwayfan7000
#9re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/29/09 at 10:25pm

Is there any possibility of an In the Heights discount code popping up again? I am looking for tickets for my family.
And also, having seent the show before from the rear mezz at $75, I would recommend those seats, and would even think twice about sitting any closer. What's happening onstage is best viewed from far back since it's all over the stage at all times. There are $40 seats in the last few rows of the rear mezz that are high up but give you a great view, from what I've heard.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

CSonBroadway
#10re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/29/09 at 10:28pm

Now that Spring is coming, and Heights does well all the time...there probably isn't one. The producers don't put discounts out while the show can make a good chunk of money with normal priced tickets.

dreamz
#11re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/30/09 at 11:45am

Go see Hair it is really good

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#12re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/30/09 at 11:59am

There are two discount codes for ITH on nytix.com - one that expires March 15 and another that expires April 24.

There are also Hair discounts at the site too. I don't know when you're going but 9 to 5 might be a good idea for people who aren't into musical theatre so much. They probably know the title song and I'm sure they know who Allison Janney is. You could even have a movie/pizza night before you go and watch the original film. nytix also features some discounts for this show.

An off-Broadway suggestion is The Marvelous Wonderettes. If they like songs such as "Mr. Sandman", "Lollipop", etc they'll like this show. nytix doesn't feature off-Broadway discounts but Wonderettes can be found at broadwaybox.com

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

kristinchenofan570
#13re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/30/09 at 6:03pm

Thanks Eris for that suggestion! I love Stephanie J. Block so that might be a good idea! Sadly my friends do not know the title song, but they don't know much about the other shows either so I don't think that will matter that much.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#14re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/30/09 at 7:47pm

If they don't like musicals, see The Toxic Avenger. They will love it.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

kristinchenofan570
#15re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/30/09 at 8:40pm

They might like it but I won't, but it was a good idea for them so thanks!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#16re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/30/09 at 11:11pm

There is a discount code out for In the Heights via facebook. I think you have to become a fan of the show, and then sign up to receive the newsletter in your email. Then, you get sent a special code. Since they aren't all the same, I can't just give it out. But, I promise, it will worth it in the end if you are able to get it.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#17re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/31/09 at 8:55am

Why won't you like Toxic Avenger? I think it looks hysterical.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

kristinchenofan570
#18re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/31/09 at 8:42pm

Why won't you like Toxic Avenger? I think it looks hysterical.

I don't know. I just doesn't look liek something I'd enjoy, also one of my friends already said they won't see it. they are really picky and all of them have differeant tastes which makes it even harder to choose a show, but I will find one eventually.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#19re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/31/09 at 8:45pm

For what it's worth, Toxic Avenger is hysterical. The lady sitting next to me stopped breathing because she was laughing so hard. If you like Urinetown or Bat Boy, you'll love it.

kristinchenofan570
#20re: In the Heights, Hair or any other suggestions that is on the TKTS or a
Posted: 3/31/09 at 8:52pm

I actually never saw either of those but they sound funny! Ill think about it.