What musical to put on?

kristinchenofan570 Profile Photo
kristinchenofan570
#1What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 11:26am

Ok, my friends and I are filming a musical this summer and we still can't narrow it down to which musical would be practical to do. We need shows with a lot of girl roles or roles that could be played by either gender since most of the cast are girls, can't have too many characters, and has to have scenes that are easy to recreate.

So far I have only thought of are the fallowing:

-Gypsy
-You're a Good Man Chalie Brown
-9-5 (This one might be hard because we would have to do the movie version and put the songs into it so we arn't sure if this would work as well)

...And thats it! Let me know if you can think of any others or have any comments on the options I have thought of!

Remember when drama was only on the stage?

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#2re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 11:29am

The one option you clearly haven't thought about is a lawsuit.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 11:29am

You do realize you are suppose to still pay rights and royalties right? Additionally, they don't grant rights for filming most of the time.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

kristinchenofan570
#3re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 11:37am

Oh. Maybe I should have been more clear. This is strictly for our personal ammusement. We are not planning on selling the dvd or really showing it to anyone besides the people that were in it and family at one of our houses and not selling tickets to see it or anything. The show would only be for us to have something to do. It has nothing to do with making any sort of profit or anything of that sort.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#4re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 11:41am

It doesn't matter. What you are intending to do is breaking the law, whether it is for your personal amusement or not.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#5re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 11:41am

Have you considered Little Women?

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

kristinchenofan570
#6re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 11:50am

D2- "It doesn't matter. What you are intending to do is breaking the law, whether it is for your personal amusement or not."
Seriously? I'll let my friend know (shes the one who doing this not me.) She just asked me to post this on here for some suggestions. I really had no idea about any of this since I've never attempted to do anything like this before and clearly neither has she. She got the idea from her voice teacher (who ALSO clearly has no idea about any of this) Thanks for letting her (and myself) know!

dramamama611
#7re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 1:30pm

Seriously, from a technical standpoint.

Will anything come from it if it's just at home and such? I'm sure not.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#8re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 1:39pm

I hardly think that if they film this at home anything will come from it. Go for it!

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

kristinchenofan570
#9re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 1:50pm

THANK YOU! I was actually wondering how anyone could possibly care if its just for fun and only being filmed where we live. I also doubt anyone will be able to find out if its just what we do for fun and not advertise it in any way.

dramamama611
#10re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 2:02pm

Look at it this way...it IS stealing. Someone OWNS that material. Period.

Again...will they come looking for you? Not.

brittyluvsbway
#11re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 2:27pm

Well, with the mindset that it is stealing, then none of us should ever perform any material for any show ever again. not for voice recitals, youtube, nothing. only when in a professional production.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#12re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 5:17pm

What about Jekyll & HYDE? Do more-so of the concert version (where it pretty much is strictly 3 people), but you have the "lounge" girls singing in a few songs and it sort of eliminates all but one (title role) of the male roles - which you could of course add in, should you want to. (There's the BWAY DVD starring The Hoff & Coleen Sexton, for reference of a "full"-er version of the show!)

gypsy4
#13re: What musical to put on?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 5:48pm

I hope you plan on paying Tams Wit Mark. acting it out as you go.
Updated On: 5/16/09 at 05:48 PM

Videos