PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5

broadwayboy1017
#25re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 12:43am

I don't think Paula would take it seriously, I think she'd just have fun with it. The money means absolutely nothing to her.

broadwayboy1017
#26re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 12:44am

One of the people in her family is a huge Broadway fans so that might have influence.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#27re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 12:46am

Hey, someone in my family is a Broadway buff, too. Time to start packing my suitcase. :)

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

thevolleyballer
#28re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 12:47am

What's bugging me more is not that Paula might be stepping in, but that Kathy Fitzgerald might be out! Even if it's for a few weeks, she's one of the stars of that show, and can certainly add at least some laughter to the harshest critics of it.

broadwayboy1017
#29re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 12:52am

Paula did say that if she went in she wouldn't do the full 8 shows a week, probably 5 or 6

dpfan1982
#30re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 1:27am

This is interesting information. I am a HUGE Dolly Parton fan, and I also like Paula. I would love to see the musical, hoping it will perhaps come to San Franciso someday?

Here's a little trivia for y'all - Dolly and Paula both have the same birthday (January 19th), only a year apart. Dolly was born in 1946 and Paula in 1947. :)

I will be launching my website very soon...

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#31re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 6:42am

Can she even sing...or act? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

bardolator
#32re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 7:40am

No kidding...I can't see Ms. Deen singing "Heart to Hart"...good Lord.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#33re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 9:05am

If Paula Deen wanted her fans to attend a Broadway show, and 9 TO 5 in particular, all she has to do is shill it on her show.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#34re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 10:07am

For what its worth... during the early period in her celebrity before she became the Food Network superstar she is today, she appeared in Cameron Crowe's 2005 film ELIZABETHTOWN. She played Aunt Dora, alongside Orlando Bloom, Kirsten Dunst, Susan Sarandon and Alec Baldwin.

re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#35re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 11:21am

Dont underestimate the power of the South or the loyalty of Southern fans. If Paula was in any show, the buses would start flowing up to NYC. Mark my words. Paula is good people and adored by millions, y'all.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#36re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 11:31am

It's hilarious that people are taking this as a legitimate possibility.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#37re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 11:42am

lolol! I love Paula Deen, but....no.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

broadwayboy1017
#38re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 11:58am

they would probably put her name above the title

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#39re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 11:59am

Yea, we wouldn't want to ruin the integrity of a show with a boner on display in the Overture.

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#40re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 12:05pm

I"ve never actually seen 9to5, but I just can't picture this happening. (I would totally go see it if it did, though)

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#41re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 12:39pm

I just wanted to point out that this thread was started by the same person who posted this:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardid=1&thread=986568#3737611

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#42re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 1:07pm

I can assure you that this is simply a rumor.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#43re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 3:03pm

And not even a rumor that makes sense. Fitzgerald's character is not southern or in any other way remotely similar to Paula Deen with the exception of hair color.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#44re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 3:34pm

Broadwayboy1071 comes off like a sad, pathetic individual who makes stuff up just to get attention.

B3TA07 thanks for linking that former thread of his.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#45re: PAULA DEEN - 9 TO 5
Posted: 5/18/09 at 4:04pm

Come on, guys. It might be HILARIOUS.

You never know.

Videos