Hair - Mezz Row P vs Row S

Roger246 Profile Photo
Roger246
#1Hair - Mezz Row P vs Row S
Posted: 6/4/09 at 11:09am

Is it worth it to purchase the $77 tickets over the $37 tickets?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: Hair - Mezz Row P vs Row S
Posted: 6/4/09 at 11:12am

I hate the Rear Mezz of the Hirschfeld. The mezzanine is on a steep incline and the rear mezzanine is basically in the dark (there is no lighting up there) but the view of the stage (at least when I saw WONDERFUL TOWN) was perfectly fine.

It's the best show of the season and the best production on Broadway right now, IMO, so I'd say go for the $77 tickets...but either way, go see the show at any rate. It's not like P and S are far away from each other so I don't think it'll make a huge, huge difference.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Hair - Mezz Row P vs Row S
Posted: 6/4/09 at 12:15pm

You are talking about a three row difference. I'd save myself $40 and go for Row S over Row P. Sitting in Row P won't improve your view by that much.

If you are willing to spend $77, why not just spend $85 and use the discount to get better orchestra or front mezz seats? What date are you looking to go?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

millie_dillmount
#3re: Hair - Mezz Row P vs Row S
Posted: 6/4/09 at 12:18pm

LET THE SUN SHINE IN!
BroadwayBox Special discount ticket offer for Hair
Save up to 30%
Tickets only $85 (Reg. $122)

Offer valid for performances through 7/12/09

To reserve your discount tickets for Hair

1.Click here
Use code HABX415

2. Call 212-947-8844 and mention code HABX415

3. Or, bring this email to the Al Hirschfeld Theatre box office,
302 W. 45th St. (between 8th & 9th Aves.)
Box office hours: Mon - Sat 10am - 8pm, Sun 12 - 8pm.

starting June 8 the performance schedule:
Tues at 7, Wed-Sat at 8; Wed & Sat at 2, Sun at 3

*Offer valid for performances through 7/12/09. Limit 8 tickets per order. Normal service charges apply to phone and online orders. For Sat eves, discount applies only to Mezz (Rows A-O). For all other perfs, discount applies to Limited Orchestra Seating and Mezz (Rows A-O). All prices include a $2.00 facility fee. All sales are final - no refunds or exchanges. Blackout dates may apply. Offer is subject to availability and prior sale. Not valid in combination with any other offers. Offer may be modified or revoked at any time without notice. Not applicable to previously purchased tickets. When purchasing at box office, please present this piece prior to inquiring for tickets.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Roger246 Profile Photo
Roger246
#4re: Hair - Mezz Row P vs Row S
Posted: 6/4/09 at 2:50pm

I'm going July 20-24 so unfortunately that discount doesn't help me. Plus, with the Tony Awards this Sunday and Hair likely winning Best Revival, I doubt there will be another discount coming.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#5re: Hair - Mezz Row P vs Row S
Posted: 6/4/09 at 2:54pm

Has anyone sat in Row M in the mezz? That's where I am sitting Saturday night.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

millie_dillmount
#6re: Hair - Mezz Row P vs Row S
Posted: 6/4/09 at 5:03pm

I have a feeling there may not be any discounts after the Tonys, but you never know, and I would keep my eye out.

omguguyz
#7re: Hair - Mezz Row P vs Row S
Posted: 6/4/09 at 5:04pm

Updated On: 6/4/09 at 05:04 PM

ArtMan
#8re: Hair - Mezz Row P vs Row S
Posted: 6/4/09 at 8:37pm

I sat in Row S. It was at times uncomfortable due to leg space, but I am almost 6'3. I cannot imagine Row P being more spacious. The view was great and the tribe does interact with the Upper mezz. I say save your money and go for the cheaper seat.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#9re: Hair - Mezz Row P vs Row S
Posted: 6/4/09 at 8:51pm

Definitely the cheaper seats. I sat row S and Gavin Creel came up to me and I received a Be-In flyer and flower. The view is fine, just far away.

~Steven

Videos