Post A Reply - Once Upon a Time

Join the discussion... To register, please click here
Showface

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 10/18/15 at 10:31pm

This season is really good so far, and Jennifer Morrison's acting has been brilliant!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 10/18/15 at 9:51pm

Surely I'm not the only one who has noticed the resemblance between Dark Swan and Elena Roger as Eva Peron? 

Updated On: 10/18/15 at 09:51 PM

Showface

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 9/27/15 at 9:34pm

Despite the overuse of commercial breaks, I loved this episode and I can't wait to see what this season (and the DarkSwan) has in store!

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 9/27/15 at 8:52pm

I feel like I've been watching Commercial Central. There's a commercial break every three minutes - and each one lasts like three or four minutes. It's at the point that I'm considering stopping watching this live and start DVRing it. The amount of commercials (especially ABC promotionary material) is insane.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Showface

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 9/27/15 at 4:27pm

Alright, so it comes back on tonight! I'm really excited to see how this all plays out with Emma becoming the new Dark One...I've been following this season, and it seems like it's going to be pretty good (definitely better than season 4)! 

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/13/15 at 2:19am

Not it doesn't. The author visits different realms transcribing what happens in them as stories. He's supposed to be a scribe. He abused his powers with Cruella and it send him on a bad streak of abuse thinking he could own the world. 

He's like a War Photographer. He's meant to preserve images. He's not supposed to go into Photoshop after the fact and start taking people out, putting people in,  changing the weather, etc.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/13/15 at 12:41am

"Right. I thought the "rule" was the Author only recorded events and didn't try to change them."

But writing anything changes something. That whole storyline makes no damn sense. 

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/13/15 at 12:34am

Right. I thought the "rule" was the Author only recorded events and didn't try to change them. 

Of course, givn how loosely this show follows its own rules and how often premises are discarded, it wouldn't shock me in the least for this to go right out the window.  

Speaking of the pen, now that it's broken, does that mean there won't be any more stories written? 

TheatreFan4

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/13/15 at 12:14am

I bet Henry wishes he didn't break that damn pen now. He could have just written the darkness out of his Mommy. 

Stupid kid.

Except the whole forbidden thing. You know like what got Issac locked up for. Like when he asked the Apprentice if he could write his dad back to life and he told him no? That this is real life and not a fictional story?

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/12/15 at 8:53pm

Doesn't anyone of the writers "get"- ya gotta have the dark to see the light?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/12/15 at 12:35pm

Can't the Dark One simply be controlled by whomever possesses the dagger? 

If so, it should be an easy enough solution for them to lock Emma up in that asylum where Zelena is until they find this Merlin character to remove the Darkness. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/12/15 at 12:13pm

I bet Henry wishes he didn't break that damn pen now. He could have just written the darkness out of his Mommy. 

Stupid kid.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/12/15 at 12:04pm

I loved this episode too, it was a nice ending to what was a mixed feeling season for me but the entire season finale made up for it. Emma as the Dark One, this should prove interesting for season 5.

Updated On: 5/12/15 at 12:04 PM

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/12/15 at 7:44am

Since Emma is the Dark One, might there be a Black Swan tie-in?

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

TheatreFan4

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/12/15 at 2:23am

I am fully on board with the fact that it doesn't appear that next season is going to be based on Disney's new hot thing and rather staying close to their classic lore. I like that Lily is staying around, but I hope that Mal does too. She seems like a fun character.

I adore that they kept Cruella a psychopath rather than delivering sympathy. She's really the only one to live up to being a Queen of Darkness. Ursula's daddy issues fixed her & Mal just wanted Lily.

team elphie

Chorus Member

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/11/15 at 10:03pm

I really enjoyed this episode. (But really, who did not see it coming that Emma will be the Dark One? Ever since they first talked about Emma turning dark, it was quite obvious.) Can't wait for season 5!

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/11/15 at 8:40pm

I loved this episode.  For the first time in years, I didn't feel like I was watching a bunch of whiny, pathetic non-heroes led by grumpy cat in a blonde wig. 

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

Showface

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/11/15 at 8:21pm

Well, I guess I'm the minority (on this board), but I loved it!  Once Upon a Time

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/11/15 at 7:36pm

I skipped out on the second half of last season but came back this time for Ursula, Cruella and Maleficent which was apparently a bad idea since they weren't really on the show. The promise of a huge twist was nothing but a fizzle after a clunker of an episode. I'm done with this show for good now.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Bluemoon

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/11/15 at 8:17am

The "big twist" ending was a little disappointing. I figured they'd leave Storybrooke in alt form - at least that would have many different possibilities for alliances. Emma changes alone? Not so much.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/11/15 at 8:03am

That episode was just awful. I can't remember being that angry at a TV episode since the finale of How I Met Your Mother.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/11/15 at 12:51am

I wonder how long it will be before we actually see him. The Author was talked about for a good half season before finally appearing. 

They had another subtle reference to Walt tonight. In Isaac's flashback (set in December 1966) we learn they're searching for a new Author because the old one "just died." Walt Disney, previously identified as a past author, died in December of 1966. 

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 5/10/15 at 10:29pm

Slight Spoiler_

MERLIN!!!!

Well it's about time!

( hoping Madam Mim appears but will settle for The Once and Future King version)

Showface

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 4/25/15 at 12:40pm

It's apparently been renewed for a fifth season:

http://seriable.com/once-upon-a-time-renewed-for-season-5-by-abc-report/

Also, since I just started watching the show this season, I've been catching up on previous seasons, this season is definitively the weak one out, but I still enjoy it immensely! Once Upon a Time                                                         

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis

Broadway Legend

Once Upon a Time #
Posted: 4/23/15 at 7:15pm

"@adamgreer - what I meant was she should go with him but he would be like part of the furniture, there for continuity but let it be the Regina show. He's really irrelevant this season anyways."

Like Cousin Debbie's son Blanket in SMASH.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-