News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

"Best Musical" 2007 TONY Contenders- Page 11

"Best Musical" 2007 TONY Contenders

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#250'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:57pm

Well no duh, this isn't even about slitting wrists anymore, why don't people get the messege and get on with each others lives

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#251'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:58pm

I'm going to take a bet that Lizzy and Aladdin are the same people. Lizzy, I have plenty of friends and people the respect me and vice versa. I have a life and am a social person. Lizzy go away if you do not like us.It would make us all happier.

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#252'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:02pm

I'm so confused, but for the record, I think Becoz is awesome. (And for that matter, Thanks and WonderfulW, and anyone else opposing "lizzy" and alladin on this thread are amazing.)

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#253'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:03pm

You wanna bet that I'm not the same person?
http://www.myspace.com/masterofthehouse Updated On: 2/18/07 at 05:03 PM

ThankstoPhantom
#254'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:12pm

I'm not saying you're the same person, but that doesn't prove anything.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 2/18/07 at 05:12 PM

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#255'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:14pm

Uhh ok how does that not prove who I am...that's just dumb

ThankstoPhantom
#256'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:15pm

You could have linked to a person's Myspace page. You can't prove something like that on the Internet.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#257'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:17pm

my new favorite thread!!!!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#258'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:17pm

"You could have linked to a person's Myspace page. You can't prove something like that on the Internet."
Wow that's really kinda dumb, why would I need to prove myself to someone I don't know

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#259'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:18pm

"my new favorite thread!!!!"
HAHAHAHA MINE TOO!!! 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders

ThankstoPhantom
#260'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:18pm

You did try to prove yourself to people you don't know, that why you linked us to a Myspace page.

Edited for grammar.

Updated On: 2/18/07 at 05:18 PM

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#261'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:19pm

Anyway, I don't think I'd mind very much if 'Mary Poppins' was nominated for Best Musical. I mean, as Disney musicals go, and as musicals-based-on-movies go, it's actually damn good. It was always going to be daunting creating something that would please fans of the overly-saccharine movie without being a carbon copy, and I know they did a good job with the West End production. I presume the Broadway production isn't so massively different.

Has anyone actually seen any incarnation of 'LoveMusik' yet, or are we getting excited mainly on the grounds of its pedigree? ^_^

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#262'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:20pm

"You did try to prove yoruself to people you don't know, that why you linked us to a Myspace page." Maybe because someone thought I was the same person as someone I just met, I don't need to prove myself any further, it's stupid that you people don't believe....and childish that this has turned into who's who

Julian2
#263'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:21pm

As I understand it, there have been workshops, that got excellent buzz.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

ThankstoPhantom
#264'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:22pm

I believe you. I was just telling you that probably won't convince everyone.

Weez,

I believe it's mostly based on its pedigree, and pre-production's word.

Updated On: 2/18/07 at 05:22 PM

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#265'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:22pm

"Anyway, I don't think I'd mind very much if 'Mary Poppins' was nominated for Best Musical. I mean, as Disney musicals go, and as musicals-based-on-movies go, it's actually damn good. It was always going to be daunting creating something that would please fans of the overly-saccharine movie without being a carbon copy, and I know they did a good job with the West End production. I presume the Broadway production isn't so massively different.

Has anyone actually seen any incarnation of 'LoveMusik' yet, or are we getting excited mainly on the grounds of its pedigree? "
You are my hero for putting this back on topic XD!!! I am excited for LoveMusik it sounds really good

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#266'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:24pm

What a pedigree though! I'm almost disappointed I'll be in NY in March and won't get to see it. 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders

Unless I save up my moneys and come back later in the year... *ponders*

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#267'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:27pm

I'm going in January, to see The Little Mermaid, so hopefully LoveMusik will be running still( which it probably will be because it sounds awesome) and I want to see it..
Updated On: 2/18/07 at 05:27 PM

ThankstoPhantom
#268'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:31pm

LoveMusik is part of MTC, which is always limited runs. They usually don't run too long, and they've never extended that far in advance on Broadway. But you never know, they may surprise us. It would probably be transferred and picked up by more investors for a more commercial run if they extended that long.

It's All Good Profile Photo
It's All Good
#269'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:31pm

I predict:
Grey Gardens
LoveMusik
Spring Awakening
The Pirate Queen

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#270'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:32pm

I hope LoveMusik gets extended

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#271'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:34pm

FutureAladdin, if you are coming up next January to see loveMusik, I will have been closed by then. Even if if gets extended, it won't extend that long.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#272'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:37pm

'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders....Well at least I will get The Little Mermaid :)

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#273'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 6:44pm

Well, 'The Light In The Piazza' was meant to be a limited run that just kept extending and extending and extending, wasn't it? Mind you, even with that precedent, 'LoveMusik' still probably wouldn't extend long enough to cross over with 'The Little Mermaid'. I'd better start saving up a LOT of moneys...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#274'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 6:49pm

Personally, I like the idea of "I'm so disappointed that I won't get to see LoveMusik, but that's alright because at least I'll get to see The Little Mermaid!!" -- and the idea that they're somehow interchangeable.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Videos