News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush- Page 2

DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush

nicvor84
#25DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/18/12 at 11:55pm

A girl I met at Venus in Fur tonight said that her friend got a standing room ticket. Has anyone heard anything about this and when they start handing those out?

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#26DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/22/12 at 11:22am

Just in case anyone is looking for 1 ticket without wanting to rush.

I've been on telecharges website the last week looking a few times a day for a single seat and I was able to finally get one today. It was the normal prices too and not the premium tickets. I think my ticket was 150. I know not everyone wants to spend that much but sometimes I'd rather spend some more money on a ticket instead of waiting all morning and missing out on getting a rush ticket.

It says there are no tickets available again on telecharge but I just figured I'd pass along the info in case anyone is still looking.

Updated On: 5/22/12 at 11:22 AM

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#27DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/22/12 at 7:27pm

Can anyone else attest to SRO? Yes or no?

nicvor84
#28DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/22/12 at 10:01pm

There is no SRO. I asked the guy who does the rush and he said no because there's a curtain towards the back of the theatre.

Vagabond Anarchist Profile Photo
Vagabond Anarchist
#29DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/23/12 at 8:06am

any more recent updates on when people have arrived in order to get tickets in the morning? thanks!

Myglass989
#30DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/26/12 at 11:33am

A friend and I got there at 1:15am this morning and there were already five people in line in front of us! The first group got there right when the evening show ended, and then the others got there at 11:30 and 12:15am. No one came for a bit right after us, but I'd say all the rush tickets were definitely filled by 4am or so. I got lucky because I tag teamed with my brother so I got to go home and sleep around 6 and he waited for the tickets with his friend.

We ended up getting one pair of tickets, A21 and A23 in the mezz, and then two single orchestra tickets, B11 and C15, all stamped partial view. Anyone know how those seats are? Do you really miss most of Act Two from A23? Thanks!!

Broadway Joe
#31DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/26/12 at 1:42pm

I haven't sat in the mezz for the show but from my guess I think you will be fine, most of the show takes place towards the center of the stage so you should see most.

Someone else who sat in he mezz for the show could be a bit more helpful though.

theminutepast
#32DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/26/12 at 5:41pm

Regardless, you can be grateful you got four tickets. The view in the mezz is better than no view.

TheGirlUpstairs Profile Photo
TheGirlUpstairs
#33DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/27/12 at 1:05am

Good God, people are camping out for nearly twelve hours to see this play? I mean, it was good, but not that good! People don't even camp out for Book of Mormon that long!

Who are the people doing this? What's the demographic? Are they in it for the play itself, or are they Andrew Garfield fangirls? I'm really just at a loss.

I'm also surprised because when I rushed it back in March I got there at 8 and was well within ticket range of the front of the line.

I really need somebody to shed some light on this phenomenon.

PlayItAgain
#34DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/27/12 at 5:00am

Its super sold out, it stars big names, it got pretty good reviews. for myself I try and see as much as possible and the rush was my only way in, waited 8 and a half hours, got a seat in the box, was totally worth it.

Broadway Joe
#35DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/27/12 at 10:53am

"Good God, people are camping out for nearly twelve hours to see this play? I mean, it was good, but not that good! People don't even camp out for Book of Mormon that long!

Who are the people doing this? What's the demographic? Are they in it for the play itself, or are they Andrew Garfield fangirls? I'm really just at a loss.

I'm also surprised because when I rushed it back in March I got there at 8 and was well within ticket range of the front of the line.

I really need somebody to shed some light on this phenomenon"

I think it has to do with the fact that it's the last week for the show as its closing on Saturday and that there are no tickets on telecharge unless you want premium tickets which are 400+ bucks.

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#36DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/27/12 at 11:39am

Sigh. I guess I just have to make peace with the fact that I won't be seeing this production. I should've gotten to it sooner.

I can't think of anything that would be worth camping out overnight for. I'm under 30, but I'm not that young anymore to be doing that.

PlayItAgain
#37DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/27/12 at 11:43am

There's also less rush tickets per show now then at the beginning of the run.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#38DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/27/12 at 11:50am

Yeah, sucks I'll be missing it as well but I'll go to Lincoln Center in a few weeks and watch it.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#39DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
Posted: 5/27/12 at 11:53am

Vespertine, I'm with you...I'm 21, but I cannot think of anything that is worth waiting overnight outside for, at least for me.

Videos