News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17- Page 17

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#400HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/23/18 at 4:09pm

Does anyone know if Gavin and Kate are staying with the production until closing?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#401HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/23/18 at 4:51pm

Jshan05 said: "Does anyone know if Gavin and Kate are staying with the production until closing?"

Wouldn't be any reason for them not to and nothing else has been announced.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#402HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/23/18 at 7:10pm

For archival purposes, it has already been filmed.  But, no - nothing for a commercial release or anything like that.  

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#403HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/23/18 at 11:52pm

haterobics said: "Jshan05 said: "Does anyone know if Gavin and Kate are staying with the production until closing?"

Wouldn't be any reason for them not to and nothing else has been announced.
"

Ok great-they're some of my favorite people in Dolly so just hoping they were in it for the long haul. :)

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#404HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/24/18 at 10:36pm

Mezzanine left J 9-15 are available on Telecharge for 8/25 at 8:00 p.m., $159 each.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#405HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/25/18 at 12:47am

Jshan05 said: "Ok great-they're some of my favorite peoplein Dolly so just hoping they were in it for the long haul. :)"

Sadly, the haul is not that long....

ActorGuyIL
#406HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/26/18 at 1:00am

Saw the show from the first row tonight. Bernadette and Victor were wonderful but we were very disappointed that Charlie Stemp snd Allie Mauzey we’re both out tonight.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#407HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 6/4/18 at 9:38am

Mezzanine center E 113 is available on Telecharge for Saturday 8/25 at 8 p.m., $229.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#408HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 6/5/18 at 11:01am

ActorGuyIL said: "Saw the show from the first row tonight. Bernadette and Victor were wonderful but we were very disappointed that Charlie Stemp snd Allie Mauzey we’re both out tonight. "

Who was the stand-in for Charlie Stemp? I’d have been very disappointed as well, and hope he’s there again when I go back in mid-August. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#409HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 6/5/18 at 11:04am

There is always more than one understudy. You can find them here (you may have to click on the replacement information button):

http://www.ibdb.com/broadway-production/hello-dolly-507877

Sorry that's not clickable.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ActorGuyIL
#410HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 6/5/18 at 11:31am

dmwnc1959 said: "ActorGuyIL said: "Saw the show from the first row tonight. Bernadette and Victor were wonderful but we were very disappointed that Charlie Stemp snd Allie Mauzey we’re both out tonight. "

Who was the stand-in for Charlie Stemp? I’d have been very disappointed as well, and hope he’s there again when I go back in mid-August.
"

Michael Hartung was Barnaby and very good. Jessica Sheridan was on as Ernestina and was hilarious!

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#411HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 6/5/18 at 11:47am

ActorGuyIL said: Michael Hartung was Barnaby and very good. JessicaSheridan was on as Ernestina and was hilarious!"

I pulled out my Playbill to see who he was. I remember him now as Stanley in the Harmonia Gardens scenes. He was very good. Also Googled him and found this thread from last year...

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1102243

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#412HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 6/5/18 at 5:00pm

ActorGuyIL said: "dmwnc1959 said: "ActorGuyIL said: "Saw the show from the first row tonight. Bernadette and Victor were wonderful but we were very disappointed that Charlie Stemp snd Allie Mauzey we’re both out tonight. "

"

Michael Hartung was Barnaby and very good. JessicaSheridan was on as Ernestina and was hilarious!
"

Michael Hartung's stage presence is so infectious! I am smiling ear-to-ear when he's on stage. You can tell he loves his job very much and hope to see him in more shows soon. 

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#413HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/3/18 at 11:50pm

In addition to my ticket for the last performance on Saturday night, Aug 25th, I have a ticket for Friday night, Aug 24th.  There are still a lot of seats available for Bette's return to the show. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#414HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/4/18 at 12:22am

do you guys think the show might extend to labor day weekend?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#415HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/4/18 at 8:05am

Wick3 said: "do you guys think the show might extend to labor day weekend?"

Not really. It is such a short run for Bette already, if they wanted to go longer, they would have.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#416HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/4/18 at 8:54am

Wick3 said: "do you guys think the show might extend to labor day weekend?"

Incredibly doubtful. The tour is having a tech run in Utica, NY and there was an article about how the Broadway set will be there a mere three days after it closes on Broadway.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#417HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/16/18 at 5:37pm

Well, the end is near. Hoping we’ll get reports in from those attending the final six weeks of “Hello, Dolly!” on Broadway. I’ve got 33 days to go and I’m soooo excited!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#418HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/16/18 at 5:40pm

I will be there closing night and maybe sooner.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#419HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/16/18 at 5:47pm

DAME said: "I will be there closing night and maybe sooner."

Just checked Telecharge to see what tickets were available for the final show: there was ONE. It’ll be a sold out crowd no doubt. 

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#420HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/16/18 at 5:57pm

There are actually over 12 orchestra seats but all premium at 599 a pop.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#421HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/16/18 at 6:11pm

poisonivy2 said: "There are actually over 12 orchestra seats but all premium at 599 a pop."

Can I borrow $600? HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

madela2
#422HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/16/18 at 6:12pm

I'm flying in for a quick Sat-Sun trip this weekend but I have a potential problem. I ordered my Dolly ticket on telecharge for BO pick up but now I can't remember if I picked it up last time I was in town and misplaced it or if it's still sitting there waiting for me. I am seeing the Sat matinee and will be heading in from the airport with not too much time to spare. 

Any ideas what I should do?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#423HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/16/18 at 6:17pm

Call.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#424HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/16/18 at 6:18pm

^ ^ ^ I too had an issue with my ticket back in May, when I thought I had lost it, along with my passport and other tickets for the WTC Memorial and Museum. Panicking, I called Telecharge. They in turn arranged for the ‘lost’ ticket for “Hello, Dolly!” to be voided and I could pick up the replacement at the box office window. It all took less that 20 minutes. Maybe you can call them and arrange a replacement ticket?

Updated On: 7/16/18 at 06:18 PM

Videos