News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024; Broadway in the fall- Page 22

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024; Broadway in the fall

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#525Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 10/11/24 at 4:47pm

Is Chris Herzberger no longer the SVP of Universal Theatrical Productions?

His name doesn’t seem to be included in this NBC Universal article about the show and there’s no mention of his involvement on the SEC filing
Death Becomes Her is produced by Universal Theatrical Group (UTG), overseen by Jimmy Horowitz (Chairman of Business Affairs and Operations, NBCUniversal), and led by Lowe Cunningham (Vice President of Creative Development and Production) who oversees on behalf of UTG.” 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

greensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
#526Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 10/11/24 at 5:57pm

Saw this twice in Chicago, once from 2nd row and once from row L. From that experience, the effects do not play as well the closer you are. I much preferred sitting back further for this one, although my usual preference is to be in the first few rows. Hope that helps!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#527Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 10/11/24 at 8:09pm

Call_me_jorge said: "everythingtaboo said: "I noticed that the "box" seats or whatever they're called on the sides, are not onsale for any performance. Anyone know if you can pick up in person, or are they being held for rush? Sat there for Sweeney and really liked the regular chairs."

The show in Chicago had two palm tree like awnings that adorned the sides of the proscenium. If they were to expand the shows false proscenium it’s possible those pieces will cover the boxes, a la the windmill and elephant at Moulin Rouge.

As far as views would go, I’d recommend sitting on the left side of the houseotherwise your view of stair set piece might be blocked.
"

That's great insight, thank you!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Videos