News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024; Broadway in the fall- Page 20

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024; Broadway in the fall

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#475Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 7/31/24 at 1:46pm

Who was Hilty's understudy in Chicago?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#476Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 7/31/24 at 1:55pm

Natalie Charle Ellis was the understudy for both leading ladies.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#477Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 7/31/24 at 6:07pm

As of an hour or two ago there were some matinee dates on TDF Passport from November to January

Updated On: 7/31/24 at 06:07 PM

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#478Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 8/24/24 at 1:05pm

Sabrina Carpenter released a music video for her song Taste which references a bunch of scenes from Death Becomes Her.  I don’t like the song, it’s trashy. 

Dolly80
#480Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 8/28/24 at 9:47am

Very bizarre to sell these tickets at half price 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#481Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 8/28/24 at 10:14am

Dolly80 said: "Very bizarre to sell these tickets at half price"

... why is that bizarre? Selling steeply discounted tickets for a window of performances when the box office opens is a very commonplace practice to get people in and build word of mouth.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#482Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 8/28/24 at 10:44am

I think it's only bizarre because post-Covid, shows seem to want to do anything but offer good discounts on seats, especially during previews like had been standard practice in the past. 

Dolly80
#483Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 8/28/24 at 11:02am

It just seems odd to me as I’d have thought anyone keen enough to go and queue up to buy tickets on day 1, would easily pay the full price to see the show.

gibsons2
#484Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 8/28/24 at 12:05pm

Dolly80 said: "It just seems odd to me as I’d have thought anyone keen enough to go and queue up to buy tickets on day 1, would easily pay the full price to see the show."

This statement has zero logic. Have you seen the line for $50 Gatsby tickets or $40 Sidney Brustein tickets last year? What does lining up for discounted tickets on the day box office opens have to do with the ability to purchase them at full price?

Dolly80
#485Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 8/28/24 at 1:32pm

I think you totally misunderstand what I mean.

The people who are excited to see this and who want to be first in line to buy tickets- would do so happily at full price I’m sure. 
it’s other people that may need the incentive of discounted ticket prices. 
I don’t understand selling these half price from the off to people who are desperate to see it.

chrishuyen
#486Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 8/28/24 at 1:52pm

Dolly80 said: "I think you totally misunderstand what I mean.

The people who are excited to see this and who want to be first in line to buy tickets- would do so happily at full price I’m sure.
I don’t understand selling these half price from the off to people who are desperate to see it.
"

I do think that it's a good way of marketing the show for people who might be on the fence to see it.  Like for Shark is Broken, I wasn't sure that I wanted to see it but since they had the $20 tickets I figured why not.  And I assume the tickets aren't as limited as other shows so you may not have to line up super early either (since most of those other promotions specified the first 200 people or something like that).  

It's also just a good marketing tactic to be like "hey remember, this is going to be on Broadway" and if Broadway Week is any indication I think 50% off tickets does draw people in fairly well.

chrishuyen
#487Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 8/28/24 at 2:00pm

Also just to add on, I think there's been an overall marketing push to "reward" big fans of a show because social media is a much larger driving force now, and if you get a bunch of people together who are really excited for a show then you can use that as something to convince other people to see the show (and if you make it a sort of event, then other people might post about it and so on).

When I was in the line for Gatsby tickets (a musical I wasn't all that excited about), I kind of felt out of place because it seemed like everyone else was practically salivating at a chance to see the show, and they had teams going around and doing trivia with people in line and doing mini interviews for social media content etc.  So in all likelihood these people would've seen the show anyway but it was something to talk about to help promote the show.

gibsons2
#488Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 8/28/24 at 2:18pm

Dolly80 said: "I think you totally misunderstand what I mean.

"

I understood you. People who were truly desperate I'm sure have booked their tickets the first hour they went on sale. I often go to buy tickets during those box office opening promotions and in my experience, people who are there aren't desperate or huge fans of the show but those who have the privilege of living or working nearby and it's very easy for them to show up at the opening. Or those who would only buy a ticket to see a show if it's heavily discounted. Many people would see anything as long they can get a great deal on a ticket. These aren't desperate people in those lines. 

Broadway Flash
#489Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/2/24 at 10:46pm

But I don’t even think it’s that great of a deal anyway.  People can go to the tkts booth the day of the show and get the same deal.  The Great Gatsby was offering $50 tickets for the first two house of the box office opening.  It was for the first two months of the run, and helped them have sold out houses every night and build good word of mouth.  Thats a great start to a run. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
OhHiii
#491Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 12:21pm

Hmm..something about that image is not landing right with me. I’m not sure why. They look gorgeous, but if you told me that was Megan Hilty and Jennifer Simard, I’d call you a liar. both are gorgeous woman as it is. Whoever did the face photoshopping had a bit of a heavy hand here…but I may be out on my own on this. Curious what others think. 

Updated On: 9/5/24 at 12:21 PM

Broadway Flash
#492Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 12:38pm

I think it rocks!!

inception Profile Photo
inception
#493Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 1:03pm

If shows really want to sell some tickets they need to start putting out some discount codes.

Observation
#494Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 1:08pm

inception said: "If shows really want to sell some tickets they need to start putting out some discount codes."

Agreed! I'll be there end of October, but I cannot swing these prices for an early preview! That being said... I also saw it in Chicago, but I very much want to see the changes made.

I have a friend trying to get us tickets on 9/10 for the 1/2 price... 

chrishuyen
#495Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 1:16pm

OhHiii said: "Hmm..something about that image is not landing right with me. I’m not sure why. They look gorgeous, but if you told me that was Megan Hilty and Jennifer Simard, I’d call you a liar. both are gorgeous woman as it is. Whoever didthe face photoshopping had a bit of a heavy hand here…but I may be out on my own on this. Curious what others think."

I wonder if they're supposed to look a little "off" on purpose as part of the story.  I think Megan Hilty in the poster looks recognizable if a little strange (and certainly part of it is the body positioning), but I'm not sure I'd recognize Jennifer Simard

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#496Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 1:20pm

This is more of an illustration, as noted by the signature on the corner. I think this is an artist rendition of their likenesses, as opposed to Photoshopped.

VintageSnarker
#497Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 1:22pm

OhHiii said: "Hmm..something about that image is not landing right with me. I’m not sure why. They look gorgeous, but if you told me that was Megan Hilty and Jennifer Simard, I’d call you a liar. both are gorgeous woman as it is. Whoever didthe face photoshopping had a bit of a heavy hand here…but I may be out on my own on this. Curious what others think."

For me the issue is on the Hilty side of the image. The way the neck twists is poorly done and it looks like they just stuck her head onto a different body. The head is too small in proportion to the body.

OhHiii
#498Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 2:23pm

VintageSnarker said: "For me the issue is on the Hilty side of the image. The way the neck twists is poorly done and it looks like they just stuck her head onto a different body. The head is too small in proportion to the body."

This is exactly it. Her head is far too small proportionally. And if the argument is it’s an illustration (it’s not, there’s a photographer credited on Instagram), it’s not reading as such. 

gibsons2
#499Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 2:35pm

VintageSnarker said:
For me the issue is on the Hilty side of the image. The way the neck twists is poorly done and it looks like they just stuck her head onto a different body. The head is too small in proportion to the body."

Definitely made me look twice. The whole illustration also reminded me of the retro mystery/horror paperback art. Those pocket books designs were awesome.

Videos