News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!

James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#2James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/11/15 at 12:22pm

Haha, that's great!

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#3James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/11/15 at 12:31pm

Elfuhbuh said: "Haha, that's great!"

I'm still holding a grudge against Corden for not doing Forum! I hope this shows that he's missing doing live theater.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#5James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/11/15 at 3:59pm

I love how he says "my name is James corden and it's written on my tony award!"

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#6James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/11/15 at 4:13pm

It's funny how he says "less wealthy people" for the mezzanine because it's as expensive up there as the orchestra. The cheap seats at the pantages are the seats all the way on the sides.. (right, left, up, and down)

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#7James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/13/15 at 9:42pm

Seeing this funny clip of James as "Fop" kind of made me curious about the show.  Next time I visit NYC, I think I will add "Phantom" to my list of shows to see.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#8James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/13/15 at 9:49pm

It won't quite look like this, since it's the "reimagined" tour, but it's not super far off.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#9James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/13/15 at 10:29pm

It will actually look a lot better than that. James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
#10James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/14/15 at 4:54pm

Has the Phantom's mask always been like that on the new US tour.. I showed it to someone close to Maria Björnson today & words "spinning in her grave" were used. 

Emmaloucbway
#11James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/14/15 at 10:44pm

This video is hilarious! Love it!! 
I'm really enjoying the theatre-related segments on his show (another great one was the sidewalk Grease). 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#14James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/24/15 at 12:41pm

Has the Phantom's mask always been like that on the new US tour.. I showed it to someone close to Maria Björnson today & words "spinning in her grave" were used. 

I worked on productions for Maria and those were my thoughts exactly!  They may as well just lob on a Scream mask!

NewPhilosophy Profile Photo
NewPhilosophy
#15James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/24/15 at 8:59pm

These are so great!! Thanks for sharing the video links!

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#16James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/25/15 at 1:39pm

The whole thing was funny, too bad the mask sucks though. Seriously, who's bright idea was it to mess with Maria's perfectly designed mask??

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#17James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
Posted: 9/25/15 at 1:48pm

^Ultimately Cameron Mackintosh.  Who sadly has destroyed his brand with all these cheap and disrespectful revivals.

Videos