News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?

Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?

Hairspray0901
#1Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/29/22 at 11:41am

Lena Hall has it in her Instagram bio she is in Little Shop until Jan 8. Any word on her extending, or, her replacement? Jan 8 is about a week and a half away...

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/29/22 at 11:52am

I’m never gonna get Megan Hilty as Audrey in this production, am I? Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?

JSquared2
#3Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/29/22 at 12:01pm

Just don't bring Tammy back!

Nicticorax
#4Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/29/22 at 12:06pm

I’d love to see them cast a WOC in the role!

Dollypop
#5Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/29/22 at 12:19pm

Loretta Swit

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#6Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/29/22 at 12:46pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I’m never gonna get Megan Hilty as Audrey in this production, am I? Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?"

That’s who I’m wishing for!!!  I’ll be there on the 15th. 

pmensky
#7Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/30/22 at 1:57am

Not sure if she’s booked, but I think Jenn Colella would be brilliant. 

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#8Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/30/22 at 2:13am

tthomas76 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I’m never gonna get Megan Hilty as Audrey in this production, am I? Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?"

That’s who I’m wishing for!!! I’ll be there on the 15th.
"

Megan Hilty is mourning the devastating loss of 4 of her family members. Her focus wont be entertaining anyone for a very long time. The mere suggestion is insensitive and distasteful. 

Observation
#9Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/30/22 at 2:33am

LuPita2 said: "tthomas76 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I’m never gonna get Megan Hilty as Audrey in this production, am I? Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?"

"

Megan Hilty is mourning the devastating loss of 4 of her family members. Her focus wont be entertaining anyone for a very long time. The mere suggestion is insensitive and distasteful.

"

This above is WILD!

So this is distasteful?
https://www.phoenixsymphony.org/show/new-years-eve-concert/

Megan Hilty does not need you projecting and talking for her. 

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#10Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/30/22 at 3:39am

LuPita2 said: "tthomas76 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I’m never gonna get Megan Hilty as Audrey in this production, am I? Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?"

"

My comment about wishing it’d be Megan was by no means “distasteful”   What happened was horrible.  As someone else pointed out, she’s doing events   Sorry, you were offended, but let’s not jump all over each other.  Life is too short.  

JasonC3
#11Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/30/22 at 5:08am

"

"

smh

Updated On: 12/30/22 at 05:08 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#12Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/30/22 at 2:52pm

Go easy on the Lupita kid. They try VERY HARD to get my attention and “call me out” and that’s what this is. They do a lot of pearl clutching when I say things so just let them consider this a “win”. Anyone who devotes time to trying to upset me (when I have zero memory of any interaction with them) deserves a win every now and then. 

Also, I still want to see Hilty do this. 

Observation
#13Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/30/22 at 3:35pm

she would be killer! Wasn't she supposed to go out as Audrey to Anthony Rapp's Seymour but was considered "too young look" or am I completely making that story up or is it about someone else? 

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#14Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/30/22 at 3:42pm

Observation said: "she would be killer! Wasn't she supposed to go out as Audrey to Anthony Rapp's Seymour but was considered "too young look" or am I completely making that story up or is it about someone else?"

Yes. I believe that's right.  I'm going in a few weeks and then in July when we bring out a friend.  I am still hoping she'll do it at some point.  Fingers crossed.  

Hairspray0901
#15Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/30/22 at 6:12pm

So I guess there are no substantial rumors or any info on her replacement? Lol. Or any word on if Lena is actually extending or not? I personally would love for her to extend, I thought she was incredible. 

Robbie516
#16Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/30/22 at 10:08pm

She has to film season 4 of Snowpiercer …that’s probably why she’s leaving…also Matt Doyle wasn’t announced until he was way in rehearsals…very possible someone new will be announced next week

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#17Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/30/22 at 11:16pm

I would be surprised if Megan Hilty hasn’t been offered the role at some point. I guess if she wanted to do it she would have squeezed in at least a two month stint by now.

In regards to her family tragedy, she still needs to make a living. Also, getting up and going to work every day can be essential to maintaining mental health and moving on from loss. There’s no reason to expect her to stop working.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#18Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/30/22 at 11:33pm

Can't they just bring in Ellen?

ijest22
#19Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/31/22 at 12:12am

Tag said: "Can't they just bring in Ellen?"

Wow.  That would sell some tickets

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#20Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/31/22 at 12:12am

Maybe it will close. It’s not selling like it used to. Maybe they would just promote the understudy to lower costs. She went on a lot for Tammy. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#21Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/31/22 at 12:31am

Bettyboy72 said: "Maybe it will close. It’s not selling like it used to. Maybe they would just promote the understudy to lower costs. She went on a lot for Tammy."

I truly don’t think that they will be closing within the next 2 weeks lol. 

B212323
#22Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/31/22 at 2:38am

Robbie516 said: "She has to film season 4 of Snowpiercer …that’s probably why she’s leaving…also Matt Doyle wasn’t announced until he was way in rehearsals…very possible someone new will be announced next week"

Snowpiercer season 4 finished filming last summer and it will be the last. Maybe she has to do press for it...

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#23Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/31/22 at 2:49am

Alex M said: "Bettyboy72 said: "Maybe it will close. It’s not selling like it used to. Maybe they would just promote the understudy to lower costs. She went on a lot for Tammy."

I truly don’t think that they will be closing within the next 2 weeks lol.
"

You never know lately. Also like I said they could just throw the understudy in (she’s quite good) and announce a closing date. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Hairspray0901
#24Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/31/22 at 12:37pm

I saw her understudy Chelsea Turbin last week (the 22nd). She has been understudying the role since they opened I believe. Matt Doyle was teased October 26th and he started November 15th. So, 2.5 weeks notice. Rob McClure and Skyler Astin were both announced with one months notice. I just think it’s odd to not announce anything, even if it will be Chelsea taking over. 

mufish
#25Lena Hall replacement - Little Shop?
Posted: 12/31/22 at 9:07pm

I had forgotten Lena Hall originally was going to be leaving 1/8 - I'd hoped to see her and Matt Doyle in the show. This discussion plus my plans to go down to NYC MLK Day Weekend drove me to just go to the source. I mentioned in a tweet my hopes that she might extend by at least a week, and she replied in a way that made pretty clear she'll remain at least an additional week, without explicitly saying so. Perhaps they have a replacement lined up and are just waiting until after New Year's Day to make an announcement, which will be paired with a revised departure date for Lena?

For what it's worth, I followed up asking whether, if she were with the show for the additional week, there would be any planned absences the holiday weekend - she suggested to not count on her being on that Sunday.

Videos