News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

RAUL ESPARZA?

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#900Raul..Does a body good
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:42pm

What does he do that reminds you of him...I don't think I'd ever be able to concentrate if I had a prof who reminded me of Rauly

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#901Raul..Does a body good
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:44pm

The way he speaks, not voice wise but word wise. He's so funny and smart and charming. It was really alarming!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#902Raul..Does a body good
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:45pm

"I thank my lucky stars for yellow thigh-high fishnet stockings!"

*grins foolishly*

A work of art is an invitation to love.

taboo17
#903Raul..Does a body good
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:48pm

I enjoyed his hair styling and those yellow gloves as well. Raul..Does a body good

insomniak
#904Raul..Does a body good
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:50pm

I liked those... is there enough material there to call them pants? Nice and tight. Raul..Does a body good

Chrysanthemum62001
#905Raul..Does a body good
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:51pm

Well, since where on the topic, the patten leather shorts weren't bad either!!!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

taboo17
#906Raul..Does a body good
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:10pm

Raul rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkked in "Taboo"! Raul..Does a body good

Chrysanthemum62001
#907A night at Taboo...
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:11pm

Umm, guys...I have another story...
Okay, for those of you who have never met me, I'm from the south and am really friendly plus I tend to talk alot. And when I go see a show, it gets even worse becasue I am really excited. So imagine my anticipation the first time I see Taboo. I could hardly stand it. I was so excited. I mean, I had been looking forward to seeing Raul in a show forever. Anyways, after missing him in Cabaret twice, I FINALLY was seeing him. Well, I got to the theatre early because I was so excited, and waited for them to open the doors (this seemed to take for freakin' ever!) I find my seat in the SECOND row (Yay) and about two seconds later a really atractive guy sits down beside me. Of course, I see this as an oppurtunity to make buddies with a perfect little stranger. You all are forwarned, if I ever sit by you in a show, before the lights go down, chances are quite high that you will know my whole life story. So we are talking (blah, blah, blah) and then the light fade. And there's Raul. Damn-british Raul. Wasn't really expecting that, it kind of took me by surprise. Anywho, everyhtings going great. Skip ahead to the scene that occurs right before Raul sings Petrified. I was so upset by whay I just saw, I burried my head in the guy sitting beside me! Talking about making buddies! I was so mortified, but he was really sweet about the whole thing after the show and was like "Don't worry about it, It's something you were obviously passionate about!" Again, my face turned a brighter shade than my hair!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee
#908A night at Taboo...
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:14pm

LOL!! I love your stories!!! A night at Taboo...

insomniak
#909A night at Taboo...
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:19pm

Someday, I want to see some shows with you, Chrys. Never a dull moment in your theatregoing experiences.

MyNameInLights
#910A night at Taboo...
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:20pm

I love it!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

Chrysanthemum62001
#911A night at Taboo...
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:30pm

I guess I'm just living proof of the line "you can take the girl out of hicksville, but you can't take hicksville out of the girl".

cabarethed
#912A night at Taboo...
Posted: 9/26/04 at 12:27am

Chrysanthemum, my useless memory is telling me he was out that weekend. I remember going to the theatre on the 14th and not buying a ticket b/c Vance was in (nothing against him though). Raul had extended his last day in that run from 3/31 to 4/21, and I remember him taking a lot of days off within those few weeks.
If your Emcee was very kinda....smiley and overexuberant, you saw Vance. If he was sneering and sarcastically hilarious, you saw Raul.

taboo17
#913A night at Taboo...
Posted: 9/28/04 at 4:47pm

I'm sorry I didn't get to see Raul in "Cabaret". Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed seeing him at Seth's Chatterbox last Thursday. Hearing him perform live again was wonderfu. He is so talented and an inspiration.

ponine24601
#914A night at Taboo...
Posted: 9/28/04 at 4:51pm

AHH IT'S BACK!! *weird fangirlish squeal*

the clips on his website are awesome! i wish that i could've been there!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

luvtheEmcee
#915A night at Taboo...
Posted: 9/28/04 at 4:52pm

I wish I'd seen him in Cabaret - I'm sure he was incredible.... Taboo, too for that matter.

Oh, clips from the Chatterbox are on his site, if y'all haven't seen already. Karen posted.

Updated On: 9/28/04 at 04:52 PM

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#916A night at Taboo...
Posted: 9/28/04 at 5:00pm

Goodness gracious! I didn't realize Raul was a lurve-ly furrball! I always thought he was smooth as cream pie....Raul, don't you ever touch a hair of that luscious chest ever again! Gimme down to there, hair, indeed!
puffing out of the shirt

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

insomniak
#917A night at Taboo...
Posted: 9/28/04 at 5:12pm

That pic is better than their one together last year... they are so, so pretty. Both of them. Their prettiness makes roses wilt.

ponine24601
#918A night at Taboo...
Posted: 9/28/04 at 8:03pm

hahahaha! i love the picture! yay!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

Chrysanthemum62001
#919A night at Taboo...
Posted: 10/3/04 at 6:41pm

I'm bringin this back because I am BORED, and I don't give a flying flute who wants to start an all out war. I am armed...
Anyways, I just starting thinking about this the other day, but I think Raul would make a PERFECT Stanley Kowalskey in Streetcar. I just love this play so much. Do you think the fact that he doesn't exactly look Polish would be a big deal? I wouldn't really know, because I've never actually seen a stage production of this play.
And yes, I agree with everyone else, that is a great picture...

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#920A night at Taboo...
Posted: 10/3/04 at 6:45pm

Yay! This thread is back!

And that's an AMAZING picture!

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

MyNameInLights
#921A night at Taboo...
Posted: 10/3/04 at 6:47pm

The thread... A night at Taboo...

luvtheEmcee
#922A night at Taboo...
Posted: 10/3/04 at 6:50pm

<-- has no comment.

insomniak
#923A night at Taboo...
Posted: 10/3/04 at 7:54pm

In a good way, Emcee?

ETA- just noticed MNIL's avatar. I <3 you. Updated On: 10/3/04 at 07:54 PM