News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Raunchiest Songs in Musical Theatre- Page 2

Raunchiest Songs in Musical Theatre

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#25Raunchiest Songs in Musical Theatre
Posted: 4/4/19 at 2:41pm

“Changing my Major” from Fun Home.

DMsquared2 Profile Photo
DMsquared2
#26Raunchiest Songs in Musical Theatre
Posted: 4/4/19 at 3:17pm

The lyric "Come back to bed, kid / Take me inside you" from "Nobody Needs to Know" from The Last Five Years has always felt raunchy to me. 

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#27Raunchiest Songs in Musical Theatre
Posted: 4/4/19 at 3:18pm

"I suggest that "The Miller's Son" from ALNM is about as raunchy as it gets"

I love "The Miller's Son" to death, one of the most gorgeous in the cannon. However raunchy you may consider it, (for me-- not much), comedic it sure ain't, which was my earlier point. I think Sondheim is a genius, but he's always been surprisingly weak on writing raunchy songs that make me laugh. ("Welcome to Kanagawa" from Pacific Overtures might be the least funny comedy song I've ever seen on a Broadway stage.) Can anyone think of another good funny/raunchy song in the Sondheim songbook I'm missing?

Midnight Radio
#28Raunchiest Songs in Musical Theatre
Posted: 4/4/19 at 3:45pm

Someone in a Tree2 said: ""I suggest that "The Miller's Son" from ALNM is about as raunchy as it gets"

I love "The Miller's Son" to death, one of the most gorgeous in the cannon. However raunchy you may consider it, (for me--not much), comedic it sure ain't, which was my earlier point. I think Sondheim is a genius, but he's always been surprisingly weak on writing raunchy songs that make me laugh. ("Welcome to Kanagawa" from Pacific Overtures might be the least funny comedy song I've ever seen on a Broadway stage.) Can anyone think of another good funny/raunchy song in the Sondheim songbook I'm missing?

"

Not quite a song, and the humor is more macabre, but the beggar woman's section of "No Place Like London" from Sweeney Todd came to mind first

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#29Raunchiest Songs in Musical Theatre
Posted: 4/4/19 at 3:49pm

Touch Me from Rocky.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Videos