News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

South Pacific cancellation line

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#1South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 8/20/08 at 2:31pm

I did a search for this topic, but I didn't find anything that was in the recent past.

I was wondering how the cancellation line at South Pacific has been lately. Has anyone been in the past couple days or weeks who can tell me how the line was? Did they get a ticket? What's the likelihood of getting a ticket and what time should I get there to ensure I get one?

Thanks!

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

#2re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 8/20/08 at 4:06pm

Is it for just you or are other people going with you?

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#2re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 8/20/08 at 4:28pm

Just me! So, I'd only need one ticket.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

carderic Profile Photo
carderic
#3re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 8/20/08 at 5:31pm

try for a matinee. And get there early, before the box office opens so you can be one of the first in line. you should be fine.

#4re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 8/20/08 at 6:57pm

It's kind of luck of the draw, depending on the day to see how many cancellations there are that day. I would recommend getting there at least an hour and a half / two hours before the box office opens. If you want to be in the front of the line, I would recommend before 7 for matinees. It just depends on how long you'll be willing to wait... but if its just you I think you'll be fine. I went in July to watch SP, and I went early because it was kind of all or nothing or me, at least for in the near future. So I was near the front, but there were like 10 others behind me that also got tickets. They had to wait much longer after the box office opened, but they got there later than I did.

MarkCohen2
#5re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 8/20/08 at 9:08pm

what time does the box office open?

16andschizo Profile Photo
16andschizo
#6re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 8/20/08 at 9:16pm

my friend and i got two excellent seats for a saturday matinee by going on friday night!

MarkCohen2
#7re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 8/20/08 at 9:50pm

so you can go the night before for the cancellation line? or a few days before, i might have to try that

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#8re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 8/20/08 at 9:59pm

Waiting the day of is the cancellation line. If you go a day or two beforehand you're trying your luck at getting recently released house seats. To answer your question, the box office opens everyday at 10 AM, except for Sundays when it opens at noon.

16andschizo Profile Photo
16andschizo
#9re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 8/20/08 at 10:07pm

cancellation line usually implies the house seats that were released, with the exception of subscription houses. however this late into a run, most people with subscriptions have already seen the show.

koolaid mustache Profile Photo
koolaid mustache
#10re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 9/27/08 at 1:44pm

BUMP!?!

has anyone done the line recently?
how was it? I would like to do it sometime in October, just one ticket, for myself?

25 shows in 14 days folks, anything is possible!

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#11re: South Pacific cancellation line
Posted: 9/27/08 at 4:03pm

FYI for anyone going to the box office in the mornings, the basement entrance is closed (7AM-3:30) during the week for construction, so you have to enter through the main doors. It is open on Wednesdays for the matinees though.

Videos