News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

So, who's winning the Tony? Tony Awards Predictions- Page 5

So, who's winning the Tony? Tony Awards Predictions

nxt2bridges
#100So, who's winning the Tony? Tony Awards Predictions
Posted: 6/4/15 at 10:52pm

In this sense it feels like AIP winning over Fun Home would be like Beautiful winning over GGLAM, with a little more credibility this year due to AIP's choreography. Last year, GGLAM pulled through but the voter poll is calling Fun Home the underdog. I do hope that Fun Home wins

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#101So, who's winning the Tony? Tony Awards Predictions
Posted: 6/4/15 at 11:53pm

I really do hope Fun Home wins, which should probably come to no surprise. I fully admit to not having seen American in Paris (though I hope to soon),so I'm aware this opinion is uninformed, but I'll just be disappointed if Best Musical is awarded to another pretty show with good dancing and Gershwin songs. I'm sure there's craft and a lot of great work being done in American in Paris, but Fun Home to me is a such a different achievement, and tells the kind of story Broadway so rarely tells. It would be great to see that kind of risk-taking awarded. Plus, if Fun Home wins Book, Score, and Direction, which is a pretty good bet, I just don't see how a show that is the best in those categories can't be called the best musical of the year. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#102So, who's winning the Tony? Tony Awards Predictions
Posted: 6/6/15 at 2:51am

from VOGUE

http://www.vogue.com/13267134/tonys-2015-cheat-sheet/

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 6/6/15 at 02:51 AM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#103So, who's winning the Tony? Tony Awards Predictions
Posted: 6/6/15 at 2:59am

from VOGUE ~ TONY Awards

http://www.vogue.com/tag/event/tony-awards/

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#104So, who's winning the Tony? Tony Awards Predictions
Posted: 6/6/15 at 8:02am

I might be wrong, but I feel like the sheer volume (and variety of publications) of prediction articles this year is much higher than most years. And I love it!

Videos