News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Spring Awakening Question

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#1Spring Awakening Question
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:29pm

This very random, but how much nudity is there and who does it come from. I want to take my mom to see this show when it comes to Tampa because she's only seen musical comedies so I wanna give her something new. But she might be appalled per say if there is amples amount of nudity.

bailey_borchardt
#2re: Spring Awakening Question
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:37pm

the only thing that is exposed during the hayloft scene is wendla's breasts and melchior's butt. people take their parents to see it all the time. the real concern, IMO, would be the masturbation scene. mom's usually tend to cringe away from that.

http://parents.springawakening.com/
go here for more info about parents and spring awakening. it helps.

ucjrdude902
#2re: Spring Awakening Question
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:40pm

Are they completely exposed?

Invito Al Cielo Profile Photo
Invito Al Cielo
#3re: Spring Awakening Question
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:49pm

No, just a butt and a boob, maybe two.

twoladies
#4re: Spring Awakening Question
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:49pm

Nope, Wendla's dress is just unbuttoned enough to show her breasts (or just one), and Melchior just pulls his pants down just under his butt.

But like Bailey, I would be most concerned about the masturbation scene. Updated On: 8/21/08 at 09:49 PM

ucjrdude902
#5re: Spring Awakening Question
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:51pm

What happens there. I mean obviously masturbation but what else?

Broadway212 Profile Photo
Broadway212
#6re: Spring Awakening Question
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:56pm

The girls are dance around him. They distract your eye away from what he is doing.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#7re: Spring Awakening Question
Posted: 8/21/08 at 10:00pm

He's sitting on a chair with his hand inside of his nightshirt making obvious masturbatory gestures. The girls dance on either side of him.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8re: Spring Awakening Question
Posted: 8/21/08 at 10:13pm

You don't "see" anything during the masturbation scene except for some thigh on some occasions. And it's a comic scene which takes the edge of it.

However....I think the sex scene itself is more graphic that the nudity. (Additionally: I am an old fart...and I love the show...but it would make some folks uncomfortable.)

It's also TECHNICALLY no worse than an R rated movie....but since it's LIVE it seems more....raw? intense? (having problems finding the right word.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#9re: Spring Awakening Question
Posted: 8/21/08 at 10:56pm

The nudity was actually one of the least graphic things about the play, IMO. The script is pretty raunchy.

Speaking of masturbation, don't forget the circle jerk.

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#10re: Spring Awakening Question
Posted: 8/21/08 at 11:04pm

Nothing makes my day more than watching "Spring Awakening" and hearing the old people around me gasp and begin to ask their significant others "What's going on Charles? What kind of show is this!?" and things like that.

BGillis
#11re: Spring Awakening Question
Posted: 8/22/08 at 12:17am

I know I couldn't take my Mom. Not only does he masturbate, but he also ejaculates into his hands, then smells it. I found it funny, but I think older people may find it a bit uncomfortable to watch. Also, the scene in which Wenlda/Melchior expose themselves is during a scene in which they have intercourse, which a lot of people see as rape. Also, if you're mom is offended at foul language, she may not appreciate the song "Totally F**ked." Your mom should have a VERY open mind.

Bruce

Videos