News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

The Little Mermaid

wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
#50re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/10/05 at 10:00am

How about Idina as Ariel? I know it wouldnt happen but do u think it would work?

How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#51re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:36pm

A friend of mine had an audition for it a while ago - I'm thinking yes

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

sipos
#52re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:45pm

off topic - but, does anyone know how Vanessa Williams transformed to 'beautiful' in the ITW revival? I saw it, but want to know how it was done technically. It was pretty cool.

You could PM me to keep the Mermaid Tales going.

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#53re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/24/06 at 12:12pm

my vote for the role of ariel is definately goin 2 kerry butler coz shes got the look and the voice. and such a great bod!
Updated On: 3/24/06 at 12:12 PM

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#54re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/24/06 at 3:40pm

again a vote for Sara Ramirez as Ursula. She is one of the only actresses that could pull off both Ursula and Vanessa.

And I am super excited about George Tsypin being the designer. In a lot of his past work he has displayed a sort of airy-waterlike open feel that I'm sure will translate well to this project.

Akiva

TonyaFanatic Profile Photo
TonyaFanatic
#55re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/24/06 at 3:45pm

i personally think they should employ those cirque du soliel people. i remember at the victoria's secret show, they had somebody flying around and that could work.

"Girl, this cupcake is the jumpoff"- Adriane Lenox

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#56re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/24/06 at 7:30pm

ASHLEY BROWN AS ARIEL!!!!*consider it* Sara Ramierz as Ursula!!!!!Norbert Leo Butz as Eric!!!!!! They could use some low-lying fog, a ool set, some flying fish *on poles* and some ultraviolet lights. I would love this, Hunchback, and Pocahontas to become musicals*Hunchback played in Berlin under Disney*. Pocahontas could be only in Chicago/Detroit/!Los Angeles! Hunchback for tour/Broadway. For Ariel transformation get on of those spinning harnesses that they used in the Seussical tour, put her infront of a big bubble thing, and use ALOT of fog. Mybe her costume could slip off as she squirms around. Then she "swims" to the roof. Then Intermission. Maybe Rosie O Donnel could be Ursula.....

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

Videos