News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

The Little Mermaid

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#25re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/5/05 at 10:52pm

deal...as long as your hot...

cuz it has to be believable when I'm talking to the statue-

"Why Eric? run away with you? hehe This is all so...*LOW pitch sudective* so SUDDEN...*more giggles*"

I've said that line about 15 times today...

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Mattio98
#26re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/5/05 at 10:54pm

Cheyenne Jackson might end up being the ideal pick for Eric although I think the music could suit Max Von Essen's voice very well. Perhaps Roger Bart for Sebastian...

StephanietheStar
#27re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/5/05 at 10:55pm

AAAAAHHHH i love Roger Bart...another wonderful disney person *singing voice of Hercules!*

I kinda am Kerry Butler...so I except her for my role..

Mattio98
#28re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:00pm

She's still attached to the project from what I hear.

StephanietheStar
#29re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:03pm

yeah..i heard her on sirius radio and she sang Part of your world...ahmazing...

she said she was still with it

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#30re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:07pm

How about Jenn Gambatese? I think Sutton Foster could work too.

StephanietheStar
#31re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:12pm

Kerry, Sutton or Ashley Brown *from On the Record* are the only people I think I will allow in this role...
No else could do it to my standards...:)

jarred03
#32re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/6/05 at 1:39am

Yeah, I'm so happy to hear about the dvd because I was also wondering about that. And I'm really happy everybody else is as excited about it as I am. Anyway, I would like to see big black woman play Ursula. Maybe Jennifer Holiday makes her return to broadway. I think Kerry will make a great Ariel, but there are more than enough girls who could fill that role. I think Vanessa should be played by a different actress. I can't wait, thanks for the updates.

So, WHAT'S UP with ALADDIN?

sipos
#33re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/6/05 at 8:44am

If Gilbert Godfried comes to Broadway -as Iago, I will bite my pillow (and then shoot my head through it) Updated On: 3/10/05 at 08:44 AM

elphieisperky
#34re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/6/05 at 2:51pm

oh my god-the little mermaid really might come to bway? that is so cool! I cant believe it-keep this board going, I want to hear more info!

La Vie Boheme
#35re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/6/05 at 3:02pm

I love the play and the music.

I did a version of it at my elementary school...thought it was the best production ever...of course when i watch it now...i still think it is. lol.

I was Sebastian which is by far the best part in that show.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Program: $10 Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Window Poster: $15 Winning the lottery with your friend: Priceless (+ $25) I<3NY

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#36re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/6/05 at 5:24pm

Plans have not fallen through or a Broadway mounting of "The Little Mermaid." A director and set designer have signed on and, although there is no planned opening date, I don't believe the show has been canned.

From a Playbill.com article:

"Francesca Zambello will direct and George Tsypin will design the sets for the upcoming Broadway mounting of the hit Disney film 'The Little Mermaid.'

Variety reports that Disney Theatricals' Thomas Schumacher confirmed the new creative team, adding, 'It's not an aquatic show. There won't be any swimming. We didn't have animals walking on all four in The Lion King.'

New director Zambello will be making her Broadway debut with Little Mermaid. Her directorial credits include the Bregenz Festival's production of West Side Story, the Metropolitan Opera's staging of Les Troyens and the Disney theme park version of Aladdin."

The link to the article is below.

"Little Mermaid" Playbill Article

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#37re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/6/05 at 5:32pm

i want to play sebastian..even tho i'm extremely tall and white. But how about billy porter, wayne brady...or even samuel e. wright (he was the original voice and played mufasa on b'way)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#39re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/7/05 at 6:01pm

I want to see them do "Pocahantas" on stage putting "If I Never Knew You" back into it and adding more songs.

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#40re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/7/05 at 7:16pm

First, Hunchback would BE AMAZING!!!

Little Mermaid could potentially outshine Lion King, IMO.
Get some kick-ass vocalists (Butler, Porter, Creel, Butz) and it'd be grand.

I hope Pochahontas was a joke...the Disney movie is offendingly inaccurate and twisted. Although the music is not bad.

BRING BACK HUNCHBACK!!!

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

JMVR Profile Photo
JMVR
#41re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/8/05 at 7:33pm

I am pretty sure we'll see Mary Poppins on Broadway before The Little Mermaid or any other Disney project, for that matter. It's just making too much money in London and unlike "Mermaid" there are no technical issues to figure out here, just reporduce the London ahow and start counting the money.

The meat is always leaner on somebody else's dinner plate!

rockfenris2005
#42re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:38pm

I had a dream that Darlene Conley (Sally Spectra) and Susan Flannery (Stephanie Forrester) from Bold and the Beautiful were in the parts of Ursula - at two seperate performances. Believe it or not, it was actually incredible. And the show was amazing. It was like a dream. Well, it was lol. But it was absolutely fascinating. I can't wait to see what becomes of it. This movie, as a kid, - along with the music of Meat Loaf & Disney's Beauty and the Beast - changed who I am, into an aspiring hysterical young writer, composer and act

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

Glinda's Candy Profile Photo
Glinda's Candy
#43re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/9/05 at 11:45pm

Sorry DickonDefysGravity, but Pocahontas is REALLY good! I think it is one of the best Disney movies around - the score is lush and evocative and the songs are beautiful and moving ("listen with your heart" always gives me chills). everyone to their own, I guess...

I got you. Yeah, I got you on camera - you on candid camera now... An' you ain't know that...

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#44re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/10/05 at 12:23am

I'd love to see Pocahontas put on stage. Yes they screwed up the real events, but the music is incredible and it would be more realistic on stage than as a cartoon you've got too admit.

Hunchback would be awsome. The songs are so powerful.

#45re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/10/05 at 1:13am

id like to see how they handle the transformation of ursula to vanessa... because in the movie its right in front of you. maybe a big smoke affect & a video (like the movie shots) then the new actress walks out of the fog?

rockfenris2005
#46re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/10/05 at 2:10am

How are the mermaids even gonna walk?

How will they stage the storm?

The inflated Ursula??

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

Jwaa
#47re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/10/05 at 5:55am

Ahh BRING BACK HUNCHBACK!!!! lol i just have to join the other supporters! I have sung Out There for all the auditions iv done lol!

Kerry Butler for Ariel!

Taye Diggs for Sebastian!

BJC899
#48re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/10/05 at 7:45am

I always think about Disney on Ice doing the Little Mermaid. They had gorgeous fish on poles (jelly fish in the air attached to a pole which someone lifted up and down) And Ariel's costume was scale pants with a little triangle (her fin) on each leg (on the outside). Every now and then people would lift her in the air and "dip" her up and down (a swimming effect). Ursela was played by someone and when she changed into the girl to trick eric someone "unwrapped" from this fabric and was lifted in the air. Spots went on her and then a blackout. You never really saw two people onstage. They could do Ursela's change really easily. The person inside Urselas costume is also in her other costume. She would just pop off her mask (have a red wig underneath) and step out of her costume. You can see her Ursela costume on the floor because it would show that she transformed into something. With some fog, strobe and some quick movement you could easily transform Urselsa.

Okay I went into to much detail.
This should could be a beauty...

jarred03
#49re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/10/05 at 9:43am

I think they're trying to make it look more innovative than Disney on Ice, but they're are millions of ways to do these different things and I can't wait to see what happens.

wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
#50re: The Little Mermaid
Posted: 3/10/05 at 10:00am

How about Idina as Ariel? I know it wouldnt happen but do u think it would work?

How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

Videos