News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Next 50 Years of B'way- Page 4

The Next 50 Years of B'way

WalveMalve Profile Photo
WalveMalve
#75re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 6/28/06 at 5:22pm

2021:

'Middle of Somewhere' a Hanson jukebox musical is produced in the Nederlander Theatre -- the score is adapted primarily from their album "Middle of No Where." The book is written by pen named author M. M. Bop.

Thousands flee in panic, there are no survivors.

WalveMalve Profile Photo
WalveMalve
#76re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 6/28/06 at 5:28pm

The 11th revival of Les Miserables closes after significant cuts are made to the score and the weekly gross of the production drops below $200,000 despite the revenue of the product placement of a can of pepsi as Fantine. Nevertheless, I Dreamed a Dream got a standing ovation during the final performance and the can of pepsi received a nod from the tony committee in its new category: Best Performance by a Beverage in a Musical. It lost to the blood in the first b'way production of Bat Boy: The Musical.

vmlinnie
#77re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 6/28/06 at 5:31pm

2015: Andrew Lloyd Webbers' 'Moonlight Non-Stop', a Musical about the thrilling lives of inanimate trucks, flops after ONE PERFORMANCE.

I Actually like Starlight, just to make my position clear.

The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller

BroadwayNick Profile Photo
BroadwayNick
#78re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 6/28/06 at 6:18pm

Going off of LifeoftheParty227

2030:
Suri Cruise and Shiloh Pitt, a husband and wife team, become the next Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontaine and star in "The Last Five Years". Jason Robert Brown gets the Tony he deserves for the show. Both Suri and Shiloh are snubbed.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. --Dave Berry

LifeoftheParty227 Profile Photo
LifeoftheParty227
#79re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 6/28/06 at 6:25pm

that's cute. But I think Suri and Shiloh are both female. Wife and wife team perhaps? Cause, you know, gay marriage WILL be legal then.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#80re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 6/28/06 at 6:32pm

2016 - Wicked closes.
2019 - John Doyle revives Wicked, starring Sutton Foster in all the parts, playing glockenspiel, harmonica, and doing one-handed cartwheels on a chair during Defying Gravity. It wins three Tonys but loses Best Revival to Kathleen Marshall's Brooklyn.
2020 - Somebody tells John Doyle that enough is enough.

vmlinnie
#81re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 6/28/06 at 6:35pm

2024: Supernanny the Musical hits Broadway. She wows audiences with the belting solo (And by the looks of her she can probably belt) 'The Naughty Step in Time' and with the sweet song 'Practically Unasseptable'.

The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#82re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 7/9/06 at 1:44pm

2008: Starbucks The Musical opens with a plot about Starbucks taking over the world. The curtain has a big coffee stain on the Empire State Building. It wins 3 Tonys, including Best Book, Best Set Design, and Best Musical.

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

Hillary is Cool Profile Photo
Hillary is Cool
#83re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 7/9/06 at 3:33pm

In 2028 Disney opens up there own theather called Disney Magic Theatre. Celebrating 100 years of Mickey Mouse. They have 3 stages and all are 3 new disney stage productions. The theatre does vey well.

In 2018 a new musical comes to Broadway with all Rappers. Doesn't do good because they swear every second, nobody can understand them, only thing you can understand is blingbling, and there is no point to the "Rap Musical"

Hillary is Cool Profile Photo
Hillary is Cool
#84re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 7/9/06 at 3:40pm

oh yeah did i mention EMINEN and 50CENT collaborated to make this musical.

latheatrelover
#85re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 7/9/06 at 5:46pm

2028: I still can't get a ticket to Wicked.

Josh Freilich
#86re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 7/9/06 at 9:59pm

Everybody sing: (set to the tune of "Do-Re-Mi")

DO-pey shows come ev'ry year...

(does anyone else know the lyrics besides me? it comes from Forbidden Broadway...)

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

AshleyBrownFan123
#87re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 8/7/06 at 8:04pm

Me and big stars like myself, found our working years were done (continuing).

bump

newyorkrbust
#88re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 8/7/06 at 8:11pm

2029-No Day But Today becomes the National Anthem

It really said US Navy, but hey, I worked with what they gave me ok.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#89re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 8/7/06 at 9:11pm

2020- Wicked opens is every town/city and theatre across the world. All the fan girls go crazy for it, while the rest of the Broadway world is upset. Men begin getting cast as Elphaba because every girl is already in it.

acityofstrangers
#90re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 8/8/06 at 1:35am

2030: After successfully conquering Broadway, Disney premiers "Pirates of the Carribean: The Opera" at the Met.
It begins a huge commercial success and from this point on, Disney continues to destroy another art form.

GodIHopeIGetIt Profile Photo
GodIHopeIGetIt
#91re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 8/8/06 at 2:19am

2020 - LaChiusa, Guettel, and Jason Robert Brown secretly set up a village in Antartica where good theater can be seen. People have to answer an extensive questionaire to be able to enter. Questions include "When will Brooklyn be revived on Broadway?" (answer- I'll be gone when it is) and "Who hasn't played Belle in Beauty and the Beast?" (answer- Adam Pascal, though when Michael Arden leaves in a week, nobody.) Somehow, Andrew Lloyd Webber makes it in. He is eaten by a polar bear.

2021 - ALW is found naked on the roof of the Richard Rodgers theater.

2034 - A group of BWW'ers (finally) go out and actually kill ALW (by throwing him in the East River), along every person who has had anything to do with a Disney musical. Broadway becomes a dustbowl. However. Wicked is still playing, staring Dakoda Fanning as both Elphaba AND Galinda. No one can get tickets.

2035 - Someone kills Dakoda Fanning. Ashlee Simpson (though too old) takes over her role. Stephen Schwartz goes to hang with ALW and company.

2037 - The 50Cent Jukebox musical (F*ck U U F*cking C*ck Sucka Wh*re Son of a B*tch, Gimme Pot) opens. Sweeps the Tony awards. Theater Junkie suicide rate goes up 53%.

2040 - The world implodes. Somehow, Wicked is still running. No one can get tickets.

Updated On: 8/9/06 at 02:19 AM

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#92re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 8/8/06 at 4:18am

2041- ALW writes and new musical based on his life, highlighting all of his greatest musicals, starring himself

"Passion can drive you crazy but is there any other way to live"

AshleyBrownFan123
#94re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 8/9/06 at 12:41pm

bump

Days of Inspiration Profile Photo
Days of Inspiration
#95re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 8/9/06 at 1:53pm

"2020 - LaChiusa, Guettel, and Jason Robert Brown secretly set up a village in Antartica where good theater can be seen." - Amen

2013 - Songs for a New World is revived after 13 flops Off-Broadway. Though 13 identifies with many of the theatre teens, JRB fans yearn for another L5Y.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#96re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 8/9/06 at 2:05pm

2015 - with additional songs written for the stage by Adam Guettel and Marc Shaiman, a lavish set, and Fosse-inspired choreography, 'High School Musical' opens on Broadway, and horrifies the theatre world by sweeping the Tony awards, winning Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Direction, Best Choreography, and - confusingly - Best Costumes (lauded for "realism in basketball uniforms").

2016 - box office takings are down due to the meteoric rise of suicides among theatre fans the previous summer.

Updated On: 8/9/06 at 02:05 PM

#97re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:56pm

bump

Mattbrain
#98re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/6/06 at 8:18pm

20-whatever the hell year it is:

Lestat is revived with revamped orchestrations. Finally, the damn score sounds like a friggin' Elton John score.

Joe Brooks issues an apology for In My Life.

Parade finally receives the recognition it deserves.

Rachel Sheinkin gets hit over the head and realizes that she won her Tony for writing what is basically an improv show.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Mattbrain
#99re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/6/06 at 8:23pm

2068-The Tony Committee wakes up one morning and realizes, "Wait a minute! Contact isn't a musical!" and calls up the producers of Aida issuing an apology and a Tony Award for Best Musical.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Mattbrain
#100re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/6/06 at 9:10pm

And at Sondheim's funeral TheEnchantedHunter is asked to read the eulogy...

And Mattbrain sings "You Walk With Me" from The Full Monty as opposed to "No One Is Alone" from Into the Woods.

Videos