News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Next 50 Years of B'way- Page 5

The Next 50 Years of B'way

Mattbrain
#100re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/6/06 at 9:10pm

And at Sondheim's funeral TheEnchantedHunter is asked to read the eulogy...

And Mattbrain sings "You Walk With Me" from The Full Monty as opposed to "No One Is Alone" from Into the Woods.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

SweMozArt
#101re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/6/06 at 9:49pm

Ok lets look ahead a little bit more.

The year 6666. All distinguishable note combinations have been used. From now on there are only revivals and jukebox musicals being staged on Broadway. Some thousand years before that the UN had instituted a rule forbidding new musicals to have more than one new song. In this year the successor to the successor to the successor of the United Nations decides to confiscate and hide a substantial amount of earlier musicals in order to give musical talents of that age a possibility to invent the wheel again.

The year 10066. The UN decides to erase the civilization and start the stoneage once again. All human history is preserved for the next civilization to discover when it has reached a sufficiently high level.
Updated On: 10/6/06 at 09:49 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#102re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/6/06 at 10:27pm

Fifty years from now, a ticket price will cost you a second mortgage on your house

Vampire musicals will make a comeback with revivals of Lestat, Dracula & DOTV

Lane & Broderick will get back together after a forced separation for the good of both of their careers

Poster Emeritus

#103re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/6/06 at 10:39pm

"2007 - All Shook Up is revived with all it's original cast members. People finally see how fun and heartfelt this show really was, and it's nominated for Best Musical and WINS.

It's nice to dream. "

I love that. re: The Next 50 Years of B'way

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#104re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/6/06 at 10:44pm

Agree with you re ASU

Poster Emeritus

bwaylvsong
#105re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/6/06 at 10:48pm

2014: I will win my Tony for best supporting actor for my broadway debut in a musical by Sondheim, which is his first hit.

2016: Ragtime is revived, and runs for 10 years.

2020: I have a role written for me by ALW, for which I receive a Leading Actor Tony.

2022: Piazza is revived, starring Marin Mazzie. It runs for 15 years.

2025: I direct and star in a revival of "Kiss Me, Kate", which wins every Tony it possibly can, and runs for eternity.

2035: I do the same with "Man of La Mancha". It runs 5 years.

2045: I do the same for "South Pacific". It runs 25 yeara.

2080: "Wicked" closes, but "Phantom" and "Beauty and the Beast" are still going strong.

2095: "Wicked" is revived with the original cast, all in hospital beds, in a bare-bones staging.

3000: Broadway is taken over by a gang of ghetto robots, and every show closes.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#106re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/6/06 at 10:51pm

Every show except Lestat which will still be running

Poster Emeritus

JustABroadwaybaby2
#107re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/6/06 at 11:06pm

GodIHopeIGetIt- That was probably THE MOST AWESOME POST EVER!
Sondheim will hold the record for most tonys won...ever.
After his stint in Hollywood Squares,and being found naked in 2021, the Majestic crashes and burns, and Andrew Lloyd Webber will get mauled by many chandeliers. His last words are "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!"
All movies will be musicals, or operas. Disney will buy all of Times Square's air, and use it to build millions of theaters for their many movie-turned musicals, such as "The Lion King 7 and 3/4" and "Bambi 72." They open Broadwayland in 2068, a theme park filled with crappy rides based on even crappier jukebox musicals. Soon, there are no artists without jukebox musicals.
Then, a terrorist named The Jukebox-Smasher will set all of it on fire, plus Jersey Boys, which is STILL running.

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

Mattbrain
#108re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/11/06 at 3:46pm

2026: Mango: The Musical sweeps the 80th annual Tony Awards with wins by leads Chris Kattan and Jennifer Lopez, featured actor nods going to Alec Baldwin and Ana Gasteyer, best book going to Will Ferrell, and best original score going to Queen Latifah.

At least that's what people hope. In reality, Chris Kattan is fired during previews and replaced by Roger Bart. Again.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
Updated On: 10/11/06 at 03:46 PM

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#109re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/11/06 at 4:13pm

Broadway, 2019

With the recent revivals of Dance of the Vampires, Dracula and Lestat continuing to set box office records, and strong ticket sales for new musicals such as "Bats", "Fang Becomes Me", "Meet Me in Transylvania" and "The Vampire King", Broadway has finally found its true identity.

Critics and theater goers alike agree that the original productions of Lestat and Dance of the Vampires were just way ahead of their time.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#110re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/11/06 at 8:13pm

2007: Ashley Brown wins the Tony!

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

#111re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/12/06 at 7:11pm

2008: Shrek wins Best Musical.

2009: Cinderella reaches Broadway as a combination between the R&H and Disney versions.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#112re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/12/06 at 7:11pm

Some random year: Finding Nemo opens on Broadway.

TechEverlasting
#113re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/12/06 at 10:28pm

More about 2008...

Indeed, as lines form around the block for "Finding Nemo" tickets, the producers of "Shrek the Musical" polish their best musical Tony. "The Little Mermaid" prepares for its national tour, while "Spongebob Squarepants The Musical" celebrates its well reviewed opening.

Meanwhile sophisticated original new musicals begin appearing regularly on Saturday morning network TV, the only venue now available to them.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#114re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/12/06 at 10:35pm

3001- In a new special theatrical event Ana Gasteyer and Will Farrell's Grandchildren star in "A Night with the Clups.." it goes on to win best theatrical event (because it was the only show to open that year).

3002- "At the Ballet: Maggie's Side of the Story Opens" It stars Eden Espinosa and closes after just 15 performances...quicker than Brooklyn.

3003- Broadway's first ice show "Drumstruck on Ice" opens...it recieves rave reviews but is beat out by Project Runway the musical for Best Musical.

3004- Patti is happy because the Tony's are once again held in a "REAL HOUSE."

3005- A revival of "The Wedding Singer" opens. The reviews are great with Teddy Geiger in the lead role.

3006- Shoshana Bean finally wins a tony for her 1 woman show "Bless The Lord: The Riffs of a Diva."

3007- Seth Rudestky recives a Tony for all his hard work.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/
Updated On: 10/12/06 at 10:35 PM

#115re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/12/06 at 10:44pm

bump

TechEverlasting
#116re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/12/06 at 10:57pm

Even more about 2008...

As "The Little Mermaid" and "Shrek The Musical" continue to break box office records the streets of Midtown Manhattan are filled with enraged producers of touring children's shows such as "The Blues Clues Revue" and "TeleTubbies Live On Stage" protesting the blatant destruction of their market niche.

The furious general manager of "Barney On Ice" threatens to revive "West Side Story" and take it on the road.

Updated On: 10/12/06 at 10:57 PM

#117re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/12/06 at 11:44pm

bump

Sondheim Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim Geek
#118re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 10/13/06 at 12:05am

3011- Hal Prince still has not aged

SondheimGeek: Is it slightly pathetic that you guys get to be Jedi bitches, and I'm Bitchy the Hutt?
LizzieCurry: No, you're more memorable

#119re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 11/1/06 at 12:01am

Again, bump

bdwybug55
#120re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 11/1/06 at 12:33am

You guys are hysterical. Thanks for the laughs. I'm just not that creative to come up with anything fun *so sad*...

cello_dude Profile Photo
cello_dude
#121re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 11/1/06 at 12:33am

2074-live musicians now begin to replace synths and computers..... local 1080 strikes

Junior
#122re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 11/1/06 at 12:53am

2010(ish)- Anastasia opens (I direct) to RAVE reviews, it runs until long after I'm dead, becomes the longest running show in the universe, makes people say "Phantom of the WHAT?" Skyler wins the Tony for Best Actress in a Musical, I win for best direction, No other show wins anything (it's gonna be that good). even the non musicals will relenquish their awards to us. Angela Lansbury will win a Tony for being the oldest living person on Broadway, Aaron will win for best scenic design, and Sam will win for being awesome, but will have to accept via satellite from Russia because she's too busy trying to figure out how to buy milk. A long shot, but forgive me. It's Halloween and I'm drunk.

cello_dude Profile Photo
cello_dude
#123re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 11/1/06 at 12:53pm

bump

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#124re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
Posted: 11/1/06 at 12:57pm

LMAO Sondheim Geek

Videos