News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 135

The Official TDF Thread

All So Ozmopolitan
#3350The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 6/30/23 at 2:27pm

Ermengarde, I agree completely. They wanted to make the Dance Floor be considered a premium location, but that's clearly backfired... Folks that pay premium prices for theatre are probably not attracted to the idea of standing and moving around for 90 minutes. So it makes sense they've been forced to sell the Dance Floor at standing room prices - which I'm certainly not mad about! Also, from an accessibility standpoint, it's important to have that distinction so customers have a better expectation of where they'll be positioned. It's a win for all. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#3351The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 6/30/23 at 2:38pm

If reviews are stellar and WOM about the experience gets out, those standing locations could become hot tickets and are still cheaper (for now) than the "premium" front mezz spots.

Danasi
#3352The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 6/30/23 at 4:13pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "All So Ozmopolitan said: "There are a handful of upcoming dates for Here Lies Love on TDF. Maybe this isn't new, but it looks like they have now separated "Standing" and "Seated" tickets. Amazing value for folks who want to be on the dance floor!"

That's a good deal! It appears they are doing the same for lotto tickets (sitting vs standing).

Would love to know how many of the standing spots they're selling at full price. I'm assuming that area's not selling nearly as well as hoped, and would be a bad look for it not to be full. And I can understand why some won't/can't stand for a show.
"

I'm glad to see they've split them into seated and standing.  I'm considering going, but standing doesn't appeal to me personally so was hesitant to buy a ticket through TDF until now.

Looking at the available days on TDF, there's more shows for the standing option than seated so I agree it might not be selling as well

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#3353The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 6/30/23 at 10:42pm

I went tonight and my TDF Seating location was Rear Mezzanine Row C Seats 117 & 119. Excellent center seats on the aisle. Perfect location. Saw everything perfectly. Barely ever had to turn my head. Excellent design by David Korins! I will say we could see the dance floor perfectly and I was thankful not to be down there. My claustrophobia clicked in and it wasn’t for me. But the people down there looked like they were having a blast! There were a lot of empty seats on the side of dance floor and the rear of the rear mezzanine. The ushers brought a lot of people down closer once the show started. 

Phillyguy
#3354The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/2/23 at 8:14pm

For Here Lies Love Sunday matinee, I got front mezz F 110. It was an incredible seat. I think front mezz is really the best place to be. 

idioteque...
#3355The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/5/23 at 2:37am

Anyone know what the tdf tickets for Life of Pi have been?

spicemonkey
#3356The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/5/23 at 9:34am

my TDF ticket for Pi was Mezz row A. But that was back in April. 

summerwind03
#3357The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/5/23 at 9:59am

I bought through digital rush and was row J on the end.

Dollypop
#3358The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/5/23 at 6:35pm

CAMELOT is now available on TDF for almost every remaining performance.

THE COTTAGE is up for the 1st 2 previews

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

idioteque...
#3359The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/5/23 at 8:11pm

summerwind03 said: "I bought through digital rush and was row J on the end."

How was your view? I may do this on tdf with the closing in 2 weeks

idioteque...
#3360The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/5/23 at 8:18pm

spicemonkey said: "my TDF ticket for Pi was Mezz row A. But that was back in April."

Thats pretty good but iit may be harder to get that with showing closing

summerwind03
#3361The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/5/23 at 8:28pm

idioteque... said: "summerwind03 said: "I bought through digital rush and was row J on the end."

How was your view? I may do this on tdf with the closing in 2 weeks
"

View was ok.  Could just make out the floor.  Show was sold out that night.

chrishuyen
#3362The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/6/23 at 2:16pm

The Cottage is back up for the next two weeks

Ptero2
#3363The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/7/23 at 1:42pm

The Shark is Broken is up for some dates end of July to early August.

alexidarling15
#3364The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/7/23 at 2:11pm

I bought the Here Lies Love seats that could have been standing or sitting. I got Rear Mezz row B extreme right last night.  They were fine; a little obstructed for scenes that occurred on the stage, but the action moves all over the theater so it wasn’t a big deal. Audio was hard to understand in parts, but didn’t really bother us. So happy we didn’t get the floor which looked a bit too chaotic. I think the best place to be would have been the floor side seats or center front mezz where there’s a ton of action. Show itself was a ton of fun; I wouldn’t mind going back with better seats.

Koy23
#3365The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/7/23 at 4:09pm

I got TDF tickets for hadestown,  it says to pick from box office but no address, anyone knows where is the box office and will I have to stand in line like all people buying tickets?

ardiem
#3366The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/7/23 at 4:11pm

The Shark is Broken is available for handful of dates starting Wed July 26.

chrishuyen
#3367The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/7/23 at 4:13pm

Koy23 said: "I got TDF tickets for hadestown, it says to pick from box office but no address, anyone knows where is the box office and will I have to stand in line like all people buying tickets?"

Yes, it's just at the theater (Walter Kerr) and it would be the same line as people buying tickets but half an hour before the show they don't allow future sales anymore so it would only be other people picking up tickets or buying tickets for that show.  You can ask any of the line attendants for box office or will call if you're unsure where to go, but sometimes where will be a sign too.

Koy23
#3368The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/7/23 at 9:37pm

Thanks, do I need to bring proof of TDF membership? I have the membership number as screenshot and driver license, is that enough ?

Phillyguy
#3369The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/7/23 at 11:23pm

Koy23 said: "Thanks, do I need to bring proof of TDF membership? I have the membership number as screenshot and driver license, is that enough ?"

Just give them your name. 

JustAnotherNewYorker
#3370The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/8/23 at 2:59pm

Phillyguy said: "Koy23 said: "Thanks, do I need to bring proof of TDF membership? I have the membership number as screenshot and driver license, is that enough ?"

Just give them your name.
"

I've done lots of will call pickups of TDF tickets. Some theaters will ask you for ID, but they're asking for any ID with your name on it to confirm that you're the person who's supposed to pick up the tickets. A driver's license or state issued ID will do fine

Updated On: 7/8/23 at 02:59 PM

Dollypop
#3371The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/8/23 at 9:09pm

Please check your purchases for TDF. I bought a single ticket for a CAMELOT matinee and was charged for several other shows-- none of which I want to see. My bank has been notified but the TDF offices are closed until Monday

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 7/8/23 at 09:09 PM

DaveCSparty
#3372The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/9/23 at 10:02pm

This weekend -

Here Lies Love - Row C front mezzanine all the way to the left.  Pretty terrible seat to be honest because the DJ blocks the stage for 75% of the show.

Life of Pi - Row B front right mezzanine 4 seats in - great seat, saw everything no problem.  The projections make the show.

alexidarling15
#3373The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/12/23 at 10:42pm

Hadestown - mezz right C2 on the aisle. Spectacular seat for this show, esp. for the money!!

Hairspray0901
#3374The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 7/16/23 at 2:28pm

A Beautiful Noise - Left Orch S17 and S19

Videos