News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 26

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#625The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/5/16 at 9:19pm

I have tickets to see Adele later this year and need to sell one, but ticketmaster didn't allow reselling for them and neither ticket (one was purchased during the presale) can be received until the day of the show at will call, and one of them can only be received by using the debit card that purchased the ticket (and neither can have the name changed on the ticket or transferred to another user on Ticketmaster). So if Adele can be so tricky about reselling tickets I think the producers of Hamilton could do the same thing. Too bad they most likely don't want to.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#626The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/5/16 at 9:27pm

^^^^^^

It is apples and oranges. The Bowie thing is a one off and the Adele tour is X amount of dates. A Broadway show is 400+ shows a year. It would be impossible to have enough staff to make sure people are who they are supposed to be. It would take hours every day. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#627The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/5/16 at 9:29pm

gypsy101 said: "I have tickets to see Adele later this year and need to sell one, but ticketmaster didn't allow reselling for them and neither ticket (one was purchased during the presale) can be received until the day of the show at will call, and one of them can only be received by using the debit card that purchased the ticket (and neither can have the name changed on the ticket or transferred to another user on Ticketmaster). So if Adele can be so tricky about reselling tickets I think the producers of Hamilton could do the same thing. Too bad they most likely don't want to.

"

But a concert doesn't have only o e port of entry, or just one or two people taking tickets.....they'd also "open the house" hours early, not just 30 minutes before curtain.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

laugard
#628The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/5/16 at 9:52pm

The tickets I bought in Feb 2016 for this June are not able to be resold on Ticketmaster. I was curious, and when I called to double-check, I was told they had not been made eligible for TM Resale, although the rep didn't know the reason. He said I could sell them through Ticketfast (his suggestion as I think TM also owns a piece?) or another ticketing agency. But it was only those two days (as far as I know), and you'll see tickets available on TM Resale for the days before and after, just not June 5 and 12.

aaaaaa15
#629The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/6/16 at 12:00am

I don't think it's a good idea to do the 'only the person whose name is on the card' method. Means you cant buy tickets for gifts. Also there are a ton of genuine reasons why people need to sell and if someone has paid almost $600 for a Hamilton ticket and then can't go or sell and the ticket goes to waste that's a massive shame.

I'd rather someone who can afford to spend an extortionate amount of money to see Hamilton see it than have the seat go empty.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#630The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/6/16 at 12:01am

ksilver and NJBroadwayGirl, thanks for the postings about the Broadway Cares stuff!  I wonder if they will replenish or not.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Jace2017
#631The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/6/16 at 9:30pm

In case anyone was wondering, Emmy Raver-Lampman's replacement is Elizabeth Judd of Spring Awakening and Spiderman fame. So she is in the ensemble and covers all three sisters. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#632The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/6/16 at 11:41pm

Oh wow! She's great!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

rebeccmam31
#633The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/7/16 at 6:23am

Does anyone know if Chris Jackson is still out?

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#634The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/7/16 at 9:11am

He was in last night.  Understudies for Eliza and Hercules/Madison, but all the other leads were in.

rebeccmam31
#635The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/7/16 at 9:18am

Patronus said: "He was in last night.  Understudies for Eliza and Hercules/Madison, but all the other leads were in."

Thank you! We're seeing it Saturday night, and I was just wondering what to expect. I'm happy regardless but like to be able to prepare the kids. Is Phillipa Soo on vacation, do you (or anyone) know?

neonlightsxo
#636The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/7/16 at 9:34am

No, she's not on vacation. She must have been sick.

Her vacation was in January.

Oak is on vacation. Updated On: 4/7/16 at 09:34 AM

rebeccmam31
#637The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/7/16 at 9:52am

neonlightsxo said: "No, she's not on vacation. She must have been sick.

Her vacation was in January.

Oak is on vacation.
"

Thank you all so much for the information.

gmhots
#638The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/7/16 at 11:42pm

Hi everyone! Is anyone going to the show soon? I saw a super early preview and at that time they didn't have the cups yet. If you're going, I'd love to buy them off of you.

Feel free to buy drinks and enjoy them—then I'll be outside the theater to pick them up! Just looking for 2 (for my friend and I). I'll also pay for the drink itself and fee on top for your troubles. Let me know if you're able—would be SO SO SO grateful! :)

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#639The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/11/16 at 5:42pm

Anybody going to Rory O'Malley's first performance tonight??

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#640The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/11/16 at 5:47pm

Anybody go to Jonathan Groff's last performance on Saturday night? Based on some pictures, it looked pretty emotional at the curtain call.  

RedheadFembot
#641The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/11/16 at 5:50pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Anybody going to Rory O'Malley's first performance tonight??

My best friends are there tonight. They are pretty thrilled. :)

rebeccmam31
#642The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/11/16 at 6:25pm

swanjewel said: "Anybody go to Jonathan Groff's last performance on Saturday night? Based on some pictures, it looked pretty emotional at the curtain call. "

I was there.  It was pure coincidence as I live in rural Pennsylvania, but I'm glad I got to see it.  He was pretty red-faced and crying during the curtain call.  Also, he did something (I couldn't see what) after "I Know Him" that made Leslie Odom Jr. break character and laugh for a second.

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#643The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/11/16 at 6:45pm

rebeccmam31 said: "swanjewel said: "Anybody go to Jonathan Groff's last performance on Saturday night? Based on some pictures, it looked pretty emotional at the curtain call. "

I was there.  It was pure coincidence as I live in rural Pennsylvania, but I'm glad I got to see it.  He was pretty red-faced and crying during the curtain call.  Also, he did something (I couldn't see what) after "I Know Him" that made Leslie Odom Jr. break character and laugh for a second.

"

Thanks!

rebeccmam31
#644The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/11/16 at 7:09pm

"Thanks!"

Sure! They also draped him in his royal cloak for the end of curtain call. That was cute. It kept falling off his shoulders and other cast members kept putting it back. He also got a huge almost unending ovation after "I Know Him"--or really during it as he had to wait a very long time before saying the final lines.

BroadwayConcierge
#645The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/11/16 at 7:24pm

rebeccmam31 said: "Also, he did something (I couldn't see what) after "I Know Him" that made Leslie Odom Jr. break character and laugh for a second."

I heard he held his scepter horizontally and stemming from his crotch area. So it resembled a...you know. 

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#646The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/11/16 at 7:49pm

rebeccmam31 said: "
Sure! They also draped him in his royal cloak for the end of curtain call. That was cute. It kept falling off his shoulders and other cast members kept putting it back. He also got a huge almost unending ovation after "I Know Him"--or really during it as he had to wait a very long time before saying the final lines.

"

Wish I could've been there.  I was there Tuesday night and he was fabulous!

rebeccmam31
#647The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/11/16 at 8:07pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "rebeccmam31 said: "Also, he did something (I couldn't see what) after "I Know Him" that made Leslie Odom Jr. break character and laugh for a second."

I heard he held his scepter horizontally and stemming from his crotch area. So it resembled a...you know. 
"

Awesome. Wow. The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

BroadwayConcierge
#648The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/11/16 at 11:26pm

Seems whoever runs the production's website is taking their time to update the cast/creative page—Groff is still listed on there (and Rory is not), along with a number of ensemble members who have definitely left the company.

But anyway... anyone see O'Malley's first show tonight/hear thoughts or comments about his performance?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#649The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/11/16 at 11:27pm

https://twitter.com/ghaney22/status/719715671043620864

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Videos