News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 24

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#575The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/2/16 at 7:13pm

Iona4 said: 

"Ahah you guys are making me nervous! I bought three resale tickets from Ticketmaster for Box C next Wednesday evening.. I live in London so they sent through a bar code, is there any way I could have been duped? I got them out of sheer luck by only looking for 3 tickets on that date. Rather than viewing the seats, a list appeared and I had the choice between C or G for the same price, so I went with C. I've basically planned the entire trip around seeing the show.. and it's my birthday so I'll be absolutely heartbroken if I get turned away at the door.. Also has anyone done the stage door recently? I really would like to say hello to the  cast, especially Lin because of his impact on my writing and acting career but I imagine he doesn't come out much because of the sheer size of the crowd? Thanks a lot guys xx""

If you bought the tickets through Ticketmaster resale they will absolutely be REAL tickets. That's the advantage of buying there. 

Don't worry. Safe travels and Enjoy the show! 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#576The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/2/16 at 8:46pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "Iona4 said: 

"Ahah you guys are making me nervous! I bought three resale tickets from Ticketmaster for Box C next Wednesday evening.. I live in London so they sent through a bar code, is there any way I could have been duped? I got them out of sheer luck by only looking for 3 tickets on that date. Rather than viewing the seats, a list appeared and I had the choice between C or G for the same price, so I went with C. I've basically planned the entire trip around seeing the show.. and it's my birthday so I'll be absolutely heartbroken if I get turned away at the door.. Also has anyone done the stage door recently? I really would like to say hello to the  cast, especially Lin because of his impact on my writing and acting career but I imagine he doesn't come out much because of the sheer size of the crowd? Thanks a lot guys xx""

If you bought the tickets through Ticketmaster resale they will absolutely be REAL tickets. That's the advantage of buying there. 

Don't worry. Safe travels and Enjoy the show! 

"

I agree!

And you made the right choice between the boxes, too 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

pupscotch
#577The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/2/16 at 9:27pm

Don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but today is Emmy Raver-Lampman's last day at Hamilton! Happy trails, and I hope she goes on to do great things!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#578The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/2/16 at 9:42pm

pupscotch said: "Don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but today is Emmy Raver-Lampman's last day at Hamilton! Happy trails, and I hope she goes on to do great things!"

She's doing SpongeBob the Musical next...

thedrybandit
#579The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/3/16 at 12:37am

I had no idea that tonight was Emmy's last show, I would have paid more attention to her! I was there tonight, as part of the audience that got to witness the show being held due to a suspicious vehicle nearly directly outside the theater. Show started at about 8:28 tonight, after a very long delay. Talk about stressful, I wasn't even sure we would get to see the show. Thanks to the NYPD though, they work fast. Unfortunately, the cast did seem shaken for the first ten minutes or so, of course, as was the audience, but the energy between the cast and the audience seemed to calm everybody down to let them get on with the show and ease back into it, and by the end of My Shot, the show was right back to where it should be. Totally understandable, and the cast did a wonderful job.

Anyway, Austin Smith was Washington tonight. He's shorter than Javier, who was on as Hamilton, which made for an interesting "Call me son one more time" moment. Other than that, he was fantastic. I missed Chris, and honestly didn't feel like I was watching Washington the same way I do when Chris is on, more an actor playing Washington (I know that's what it is, but hopefully my point is understandable), but he still had me tear up during his One Last Time. Deep, rich voice, good acting, all around very good Washington. Javier was of course fantastic, and Ephraim Sykes filling in as Hercules Mulligan was very enjoyable. Higher voice than Oake, and much smaller, but once I got past that, he was very funny, and I didn't at all mind seeing him. It absolutely convinced me that the material is strong enough so that as long as they keep casting it well, the show will always be at such a high level.

rjm516
#580The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/3/16 at 5:38pm

^ Was Andrew Chappelle on for anyone? I thought he was the first in line to go on for Oak (and Daveed and Anthony).

Very interesting that someone would leave Hamilton to be in Spongebob. I hope it's the right decision for her!!

Lin and Alex Lacamoire won Oliviers tonight!!!

pupscotch
#581The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/3/16 at 5:48pm

rjm516 said: "^ Was Andrew Chappelle on for anyone? I thought he was the first in line to go on for Oak (and Daveed and Anthony).

Very interesting that someone would leave Hamilton to be in Spongebob. I hope it's the right decision for her!!

"

I know Andrew's on for Oak all eight shows next week, so maybe they were just giving someone else a shot? I don't think Andrew was on because he was snapchatting out of costume last night.

rebeccmam31
#582The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/3/16 at 5:54pm

pupscotch said: "rjm516 said: "^ Was Andrew Chappelle on for anyone? I thought he was the first in line to go on for Oak (and Daveed and Anthony).

"

I know Andrew's on for Oak all eight shows next week, so maybe they were just giving someone else a shot? I don't think Andrew was on because he was snapchatting out of costume last night.
"

Do you happen to know what dates Oak will be out for vacation?

pupscotch
#583The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/3/16 at 6:03pm

rebeccmam31 said: "Do you happen to know what dates Oak will be out for vacation?

"

I assume the 4th-9th, but he won't be in for any shows next week. I saw Andrew as Lafayette/Jefferson, and he was fantastic, so if you have tickets, don't be sad because he's amazing!

rebeccmam31
#584The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/3/16 at 6:09pm

pupscotch said: "rebeccmam31 said: "Do you happen to know what dates Oak will be out for vacation?"

I assume the 4th-9th, but he won't be in for any shows next week. I saw Andrew as Lafayette/Jefferson, and he was fantastic, so if you have tickets, don't be sad because he's amazing!
"

Thanks! We have tickets for the 9th, and I wanted the young man we're taking to see him because my daughter and I loved him when we saw him.  But I'm excited to see Andrew, and just delighted to be seeing the show again in general, so I'm not too unhappy.

rjm516
#585The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/3/16 at 6:52pm

I guess everyone getting their vacation in before the Tonys (and before their contracts are up). Good to know, thanks.

I really would have bet money that Lin's vacation was to London to work out Hamilton details and go to the Oliviers but he wasn't there to accept his award, so I guess not! 

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#586The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/3/16 at 6:55pm

rjm516 said: "I guess everyone getting their vacation in before the Tonys (and before their contracts are up). Good to know, thanks.

I really would have bet money that Lin's vacation was to London to work out Hamilton details and go to the Oliviers but he wasn't there to accept his award, so I guess not! 
"

Lin mentioned he was going somewhere undisclosed and tropical went radio silent on social media this week so I'm guessing it was a true rest vacation so he doesn't die of exhaustion. 

rjm516
#587The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/3/16 at 6:59pm

^ Really glad to hear that, he really needs it! There's just been SO much talk in London lately about getting the ball rolling on the production here so it all kind of added up logically. Hope he's actually sleeping.

thedrybandit
#588The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/3/16 at 11:45pm

rjm516 said: "^ Was Andrew Chappelle on for anyone? I thought he was the first in line to go on for Oak (and Daveed and Anthony).

"

Chappelle was not on, no. Wish he was, since I've heard great things, but I was very happy with Ephraim Sykes.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#589The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/3/16 at 11:55pm

ksilver, did they still do the Broadway Cares announcement even though the show started so late last night?  If so, what were they selling?  Thanks in advance!

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

thedrybandit
#590The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/4/16 at 1:18am

mikem said: "ksilver, did they still do the Broadway Cares announcement even though the show started so late last night?  If so, what were they selling?  Thanks in advance!"

Unfortunately, they didn't. The show ended so late that we weren't out of the theater until about 11:20 or so, and I think they just wanted to get everyone home as fast as possible. Can't blame them, considering the night we'd had.

Esgred
#591The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/4/16 at 4:06pm

Iona4 said: "NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "I bought three resale tickets from Ticketmaster for Box C next Wednesday evening.  I got them out of sheer luck by only looking for 3 tickets on that date. Rather than viewing the seats, a list appeared and I had the choice between C or G for the same price, so I went with C."

How much were your re-sale box C seats (each) from Ticketmaster?

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#592The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/5/16 at 12:09am

Saw the show for the second time tonight, having last seen it during previews in July, and it still had that wow factor that gave me chills the first time. It was certainly much different seeing it now that I know the cast recording so well and I was able to catch details that I missed the first time and just take it all in.

Regarding BCEFA collections, they only have cast signed posters for $250.

Austin Smith was on for Washington and he was particularly strong during History Has Its Eyes on You. He can't help that he lacks the physical presence you expect of Washington and that you get from Chris Jackson but he did a great job. Andrew Chappelle was on for Mulligan/Madison and he was fabulous. His Madison was much, much more of a presence than the character was when I saw it in July. I'm not sure if I just don't remember it correctly, but I didn't recall them focusing so much on Madison being sickly and hobbled and using the handkerchief - was that always in the show or did they embellish it during previews?

All the principals were fantastic, as expected. Renee Elise Goldsberry, stood out particularly to me tonight - her Angelica is flawless.

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#593The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/5/16 at 2:47am

Why is Chris out again? He seems to be disproportionately absent compared to the others 

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#594The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/5/16 at 8:02am

Does it really matter why? 

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#595The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/5/16 at 8:44am

Was Sydney Harcourt in as Philip Schuyler/James Reynolds last night?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#596The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/5/16 at 11:32am

DottieD'Luscia said: "Was Sydney Harcourt in as Philip Schuyler/James Reynolds last night?"

No Sydney was out last night. Gregory Haney played those roles. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#597The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/5/16 at 11:52am

I assume many of Jackson's recent absences have been vacation-related, but I do remember seeing a recent tweet saying that he left a performance at intermission due to an allergic reaction. Hope he's doing okay. He's phenomenal.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#598The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/5/16 at 11:54am

Also, unrelated question: does anybody have any inside word on what the lottery will look like in the coming weeks? I would love it if they kept everything online for the rest of eternity, but with the weather starting to pick up shortly, I wonder if they'll return to an in-person lotto/Ham4Ham.

MyLife
#599The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/5/16 at 12:31pm

And I would love if they brought it back to in person for the rest of eternity The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Videos