News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Wedding Singer Review 8/20 (Review is now up!)

Wedding Singer Review 8/20 (Review is now up!)

ILoveWicked330
#0Wedding Singer Review 8/20 (Review is now up!)
Posted: 8/20/06 at 7:36pm

Got to the theatre around 10:30 & there was a group of 8 girls infront of me for student rush. So we got tix A 109-114 (there was 6 of us).

Before the show, which I found was REALLY rude, this girl went up to all the leads saying stuff about some cancer thing, if they could pay 5$ for the bracelet & wear it during the show. Basically, she didn't really give them a choice to say no. So everybody bought and Tina bought 4 (silly tina!). I just found it very rude.

The 8 girls that were next to me (which I know they post on here because I heard them say BroadwayWorld sometime), had to be the most rude and obnoxious people ever. I'm not one to complain but let me tell you. Throughout the entire show, they didn't stop SCREAMING and cheering excessivly loud. Girls, we weren't at an American Idol concert. We were at a Broadway show. It was rude and immature.

The show was great as usual. Stephen had a LOT of energy today it seemed. Today was one of his "better performances".

Tina was amazing! She got a haircut RIGHT before the show started and she look so pretty! Her chemistry with Stephen is better than Lauras.

I caught the grandmas towel! I just thought I'd throw that in. At the stage door, I had whoever was left sign it.

Finally, I got to see Amy again. The past 2 times I went, she was on vacation. I 100% prefer Amy than Cara (Sorry Cara fans!)

I bought the program. It's really cool...though I probably won't look at it again. There's a new white shirt that says "Love is what I do" & has a heart on it, then on the sleeve says The Wedding Singer. It's for girls.

Afterwards, Tina gave me another infamous tour. She was SO sweet and I gave her an early birthday present! Then we took pictures on the stage and Felicia Finley was there so I got to take a picture with onstage too!

AND I saw the "infamous fruit basket" backstage. I don't know why it has any value or anything but I heard people talking about it and stuff and it was exciting to see it!

Edit: And Eric as Tina Turner was SO funny! I couldn't stop laughing!!!! Updated On: 8/20/06 at 07:36 PM

#1re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 7:37pm

YAY for god reviews!!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 7:59pm

So everybody bought and Tina bought 4 (silly tina!).

Haha. I guess she figured since it was for a good cause.

Tina did get her hair cut? She was debating whether or not to do it the other day.

I'm glad you liked the show! Those girls sound annoying. I had the same situation last week. A bunch of them screamed "WE LVOE YOU STEPHEN LYNCH!!" at curtain call and Stephen just kind of looked like "Oh sh*t.."

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time! eric is hysterical as Tina Turner, isn't he? Did he say how long he's actually going to be on?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Yankeefan007
#3re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:02pm

Gosh, does Tina volunteer all of these tours? She should start charging like they do at Wicked.
Updated On: 8/20/06 at 08:02 PM

ILoveWicked330
#4re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:05pm

My mom actually asked. What happened was last time I went, I went with my friend and my mom was disappointed because she wanted to go and wasn't able to go the day we did go. And "selfish me" went without her. So the "guilty-ness" got to me and said ok all we could do is ask.

Yankeefan007
#5re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:08pm

It seems Tina's one of the most genuinely nice actors on Broadway. Either that or her stage door persona is....

bwayondabrain
#6re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:08pm

wow, Tina sounds so nice- I'd love to meet her!
but i'm glad you enjoyed the show, saw Amy (lucky!), got a program, and you got to go backstage with Tina AND Felicia...that basically sounds like something out of one of my dreams...
sorry about the annoying girls though, i hate when that stuff happens!
but anyway, yay WEDDING SINGER! wish i could see it again!

dancingthrulife04
#7re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:09pm

Yankee- Tina volunteered when I went because she remembered me.

ILove - I can't reply to your PM for some reason, but yes, I think so.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Yankeefan007
#8re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:11pm

I'm debating rushing it one last time before the summer ends and I have to get back to....my life. Updated On: 8/20/06 at 08:11 PM

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#9re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:19pm

Wow! What a fast turnaround time ILoveWicked! I was there this afternoon too...yes, some of the audience members were very "energetic" re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20 But I was all the way back in row R so their enthusiasm wasn't as distracting. What was distracting however, was Eric as Tina Turner...I mean he was great, but distracting during the closing number re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20

I took a friend with me. It was his first Broadway show! When the curtain rose on the opening number he turned to me with a big smile on his face and said, "Wow! You didn't tell me about this!" (He was in awe of the energetic dancing)

Tina Maddigan was very cute and energetic but for some reason I found myself missing Laura Benanti...she was just wonderful when I saw the show in May...but I'm very glad Tina Maddigan is getting a chance to shine! re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Updated On: 8/20/06 at 08:19 PM

dancingthrulife04
#10re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:20pm

Yankeefan- Me too. how many times are you up to now?

Yankeefan007
#11re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:24pm

Not as many as everyone else. I think it'll be either 3 or 4 for me. That's my limit when it comes to seeing (most) shows (although I'm sure I'll check it out again in the future....that and Fantasticks, which was one of the best I've seen since Sweeney in November).

dancingthrulife04
#12re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:28pm

Oh. I want to see the Fantasticks too. I don't know. I have to see both at some point. It will be my 7th time if I go to TWS again, but I kind of want to.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#13re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:28pm

This was a great review! re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20 It reallllyyy made me hope with even more hope that it will still be with us when I get to the City in October.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

ILoveWicked330
#14re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:32pm

Another thing: My mom just plainly said to Tina "Is the show closing? ahh!" & Tina said "It's gonna be playing FOREVER! But no, we aren't. We're doing ok". Then I asked how Laura was doing and she said "Well we're all thinking about her and hoping she gets better soon. It's not the same without her."

Yankeefan007
#15re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:34pm

Okay? They haven't had a winning week since it opened.

bwayondabrain
#16re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:38pm

well, at least she's optimistic about it
and dancingthrulife, 7 times? that is so awesome, i wish i was in your shoes! re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
and a guy as Tina Turner? that must be interesting...
:P

SweetQintheLights
#17re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:39pm

"Before the show, which I found was REALLY rude, this girl went up to all the leads saying stuff about some cancer thing, if they could pay 5$ for the bracelet & wear it during the show. Basically, she didn't really give them a choice to say no. So everybody bought and Tina bought 4"

What?! This person could have just been selling random bracelets to make money for herself...
Please don't tell me that the cast wore it during the show...

I'm glad you enjoyed and that it's doing well! It really is a great show!

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

bwayondabrain
#18re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:42pm

yeah, did the cast actually wear them?
and were they like bracelets that said like "cancer" or "livestrong" on them?
interesting...

dancingthrulife04
#19re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:45pm

Haha, Eric as Tina Turner is awesome!

Ilove- Did he say how long he would be on? He told me the whole time Tracee is on vacation, but I forgot to ask how long that is.

ILoveWicked330
#20re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:45pm

hate to bring the news but YES they did. Stephen wore it in the opening scenes. Tina wore all 4 during Pop. Not sure if anybody else wore it.

Dancing- I didn't ask him though I heard today was his last day. Updated On: 8/20/06 at 08:45 PM

dancingthrulife04
#21re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:47pm

Darn. Oh well.

I really hope for their sake that the girl was ACTUALLY doing that for charity, and not ripping them off.

SweetQintheLights
#22re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:48pm

"hate to bring the news but YES they did. Stephen wore it in the opening scenes. Tina wore all 4 during Pop. Not sure if anybody else wore it.

I think I'm going to die...PULEASE.

and I agree with dancing- "I really hope for their sake that the girl was ACTUALLY doing that for charity, and not ripping them off."

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

bwayondabrain
#23re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:51pm

that was very nice of the cast members to wear them!
and i cant wait till Tracee comes back- she really is hilarious as fake Tina :)
and, i feel i need to mention this, but if you wanna participate in a big letter-writing project for the whole cast, just PM me, and I'll give the details!
:)

Yankeefan007
#24re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:52pm

And if the girl was ripping them off? She has gratification in outsmarting actors....too bad they're not that smart to begin with....uh-oh bad joke, though it does have some truth to it. During the heat wave, one of the Wedding Singer cast members was installing an air conditioner in his dressing room (poorly). A stage hand walked out and warned the people standing under it "Folks, I'd move. There's an ACTOR installing an air conditioner."

bwayondabrain - you don't accept PMs. Updated On: 8/20/06 at 08:52 PM

Videos