News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Wedding Singer Review 8/20 (Review is now up!)- Page 2

Wedding Singer Review 8/20 (Review is now up!)

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#25re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:53pm

Was that the day that we both went? I didn't hear the warning, but I was right at the end where that installation was going on, and it was a bit scary.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

ILoveWicked330
#26re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:54pm

One of the girls posted on a site where I put the review also:::

"One of my friends was the one selling bracelets, they are for the Songs for Sorya benefit that is taking place (and that Kevin and Amy are singing in). My friend also happens to know all of the people that she sold them to, so I suggest that you don't criticize her for her actions unless you actually know what is going on"

Yankeefan007
#27re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20

I guess it was.

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#28re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20

This explains the bracelets and everything else.
http://myspace.com/songsforsoraya
There is a benefit next Sunday night and Amy and Kevin are both performing in it.

(And no, I'm not the person who sold the bracelets.)

Whatever happened to class?

bwayondabrain
#29re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:55pm

well, at least its a real charity

and now my PMs are working, sorry, I dont know how that happened! :P

dancingthrulife04
#30re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:56pm

Ilove - She's a snarky one. At least we know it's true now, though.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

ILoveWicked330
#31re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:56pm

The charity doesn't describe why everybody sitting in the first few rows went home with headaches from fangirls screaming at a broadway show.

dancingthrulife04
#32re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 9:01pm

Well, that's a different story.

#33re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 9:23pm

wow, those girls would get on my nerves! ugh, im deff not a big fan of rediculously screaming throughout the show. i dont know, thats just not for broadway.

and the bracelets, its one thing to buy them, but i dont like the fact that they actually wore them. i mean it was a nice thing to do but i would think it would be so distracting during the show.

DrunkyMcWasted Profile Photo
DrunkyMcWasted
#34re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 9:33pm

I was at the show this afternoon as well!

I myself was irritated with the people who showed up at the LAST minute and cut the line... They get there ten seconds before they buy their tickets and they get center section. I waited in line for an hour and a half and got stuck on the side. AND my party didn't get to sit together. Fair? I think not. You want tickets? Wake up and get your ass to the theater. I was running on two hour of sleep and I managed it.

But anyhow, rant over.

I know people will hate me for saying this... but I just don't buy Tina's performance. *ducks* And it has nothing to do with the fact that she's on for Laura. Tina always seems to me like she's just... trying too hard. While she's always seemed like a nice genuine person at the stage door and such, on stage she feels... fake? Don't kill me.

I feel like when Tina's on I can always tell she's acting... Laura just IS her character for as long as she's on that stage.

l love you without knowing how... or when... or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride.
I love you because I know no other way than this.

I believe in fate
But it's up to us to follow through
Updated On: 8/20/06 at 09:33 PM

Maggie_May
#35re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 9:33pm

The whole braclet thing is probably more of a big deal today since word went out last night that the little girl (who is Luther Creek's niece who is in RENT and is known throughout the broadway community) who the benefit is for on Sunday passed away early Thursday morning and with Kevin and Amy being involved, the rest of the cast may have known the situation. Maybe they even knew about the braclet's before hand and it was their chance to buy them and support the cause.

#36re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 9:42pm

o im not saying they shouldnt have bought them. im glad they did and they supported a good cause. im just saying that i didnt like the fact they wore them during the show cause i would think it would be distracting. maybe they could have put them on for curtain call and to go sign.

bwayondabrain
#37re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20

i'm sorry, Drunky, about the people cutting- that would make me so mad!!!! sorry your party got bad seats, and werent all together. that sucks!
and don't worry about not really caring for Tina- everyone likes different things
:)

Yankeefan007
#38re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20

How sad.

SweetQintheLights
#39re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 9:45pm

Yes, I agree with Tchi4Lif188 about the bracelet thing.

It's nice they bought them but lets keep outside life, outside- and professional/onstage show life, professional

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

dancingthrulife04
#40re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:01pm

The whole braclet thing is probably more of a big deal today since word went out last night that the little girl (who is Luther Creek's niece who is in RENT and is known throughout the broadway community) who the benefit is for on Sunday passed away early Thursday morning

Oh no! That's so sad.

Maggie_May
#41re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:05pm

Honestly, if you didn't know about the braclet's being sold before the show would you have REALLY noticed them on the actors and say oh my god what are those? It was their choice to buy it and wear it As I said cast is involved in this cause already so I don't see the real big deal about it.

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#42re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:19pm

I went today too, again. Twice in four days eh? haha. But todays show was totally on. It had much more energy than thursdays show I think. I took my friend who loved it and we rushed as well. I saw those people cut, and it made me so angry Im really sorry about that. I have just started to get into this show and its just such a fun time at the theater hope to get back to it soon.

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#43re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:43pm

The role for Julia comes naturally for Tina. A good actor makes it appear that he/she is not acting.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#44re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:44pm

I myself was irritated with the people who showed up at the LAST minute and cut the line... They get there ten seconds before they buy their tickets and they get center section.

You're talking about the crazy bitch in the black hat and her son, right?

And regarding the whole bracelet thing... I actually found it very sweet and not distracting at ALL that they wore them periodically through the show. It's really not a huge deal. Anyone who's never seen the show before probably wouldn't have known any better, honestly.

Also? I was one of the people "ridiculously screaming" throughout the show this afternoon. You don't like my way of showing them support after their songs? Sorry. :) I'm not going to stop. Especially since the cast LOVES that kind of response and energy coming from the crowd. They feed off of it for their performance and have told us we're great audience members, FYI.
Updated On: 8/20/06 at 10:44 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#45re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:49pm

How short is Tina's hair?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#46re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:52pm

Tina said they cut about 5 inches off. It's very cute, I like it. :)

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#47re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:59pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

broadwayguy2
#48re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 11:04pm

awww.. they cut a whole phantom2's worth off.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#49re: Wedding Singer Review 8/20
Posted: 8/20/06 at 11:11pm

If that was the case, she'd have no hair!

Everyone's a friggin' comedian this evening. Too bad you're all not in Fame Becomes Me.

Videos