News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!

Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!

ILoveWicked330
#0Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:02pm

The only reason why I wanted to see the show was if Tina Maddigan was going on. Sure enough, they put the board up and her name was on it! So I got a ticket (Orch c 9 incase anybody else was there) & was really pumped up!

They changed the key in "Someday" for her to fit her range better. It was weird listening to it but she was GREAT! A lot better than Laura (IMO).

Her chemistry with Stephen was good. At times, I felt though that Stephen was feeling "Who's this Tina person? I'm supposed to be working with Laura...". But, they both did work together greatly.

"If I Told You" was sung great. The wedding dress thing did bother me alittle but it was ok.

Tina gave a GREAT performance today and I was so excited to see her again!

At the stage door, she quickly recgonized me and came over with a great big smile! She gave me a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek! We spoke for awhile and she said her mom is coming to see the show next week and she'll be going on. We hugged and kissed goodbye and then I realized I wanted to know WHEN next week so I said "Wait Tina- when next week?" & then Cara Coopers mom (who was Holly today) interupted and that was that.

Cara was great as Holly today. I realized that she wasnt off key for Saturday Night...City. It was just a change of key. She gave a full 100% today and was great.

Great day! Can't wait to go back for a 6th time!

C is for Company
#1re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:05pm

I saw it my first time last night and those 2 went on as well. I LOVED Tina, she was so adorable and did a great job. I want her on the cd, I liked her voice, she fit the part very well.

Yankeefan007
#2re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:05pm

Wow, Tina has a great memory. That same encounter happened to me. And yes, it is weird hearing the songs in a different key, but the understudies have to be comfortable. She reminded me of Stephanie D'Abruzzo and Christine Taylor (and that's a good thing!)
Updated On: 8/6/06 at 08:05 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#3re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:50pm

Great review! Did you notice she got a haircut and it was oh so golden? Spread the Tina love!!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 8/6/06 at 08:50 PM

snl89
#4re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:53pm

Her chemistry with Stephen was good. At times, I felt though that Stephen was feeling "Who's this Tina person? I'm supposed to be working with Laura...". But, they both did work together greatly.

I def felt that way too when I saw it with tina. But its not really a bad thing, its probably just because Stephen's a newbie and not so great at faking chemistry yet- which for some reason I think makes him even cuter re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs! lol. But anyway, yeah, thats actually exactly how I felt. That she was into him, but that he CLEARLY loves being with Laura even more. Because when laura gets on that stage, its just like... he could not seem happier to be up there with her. EVER. And just, with tina its not the same- you can tell he's wishing laura were there re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs! he and tina are both still really really great, but its just, you can tell.

anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the show! re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#5re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:58pm

Trust me when I tell you that Stephen is having a ball with Tina. If that's not apparent by their performance, you people need glasses. I'm just sayin'...

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

snl89
#6re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:03pm

haha oh I'm totally not saying he doesn't like performing with tina, or even just tina in general. I'm sure he adores working with her! It's just... I have this thing for the Lynch/Benanti chemistry.. haha. I swear, when they get on that stage it is like.. everything just FITS. And with him and tina, they're having a GREAT time and you can tell, but it just... doesn't fit quiiite as well..in my opinion :) I'm def NOT denying they have chemistry though, cause they totally do. And it actually got even BETTER at the end of the show for some reason! lol. Like durring grow old with you and the finale, it was SUPER high chemistry re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#7re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:11pm

AWESOME!

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#8re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:16pm

I saw her twice, including last night's performance, and she is spectacular!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Yankeefan007
#9re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:21pm

Interesting you all bring up the chemistry aspect. I thought that Stephen and Laura had very little chemistry and that they were grasping to find any shred. Steve and Tina seemed like naturals.

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#10re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:22pm

how do you know they changed her key?

Her chemistry with Stephen was good. At times, I felt though that Stephen was feeling "Who's this Tina person? I'm supposed to be working with Laura...".

i don't really get that bc tina's been going on basically 8 shows a week for the past 2 weeks at least. Laura's been out quite a bit. not trying to start anything... just saying. ive seen them together and even the first few times she was on, their chemistry is fine. very comfortable with each other, having fun, adlibbing, etc..

Yankeefan007
#11re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:24pm

Tina's voice is higher pitched than Laura's. As I've said before, Tina sounds like Stephanie D'Abruzzo.

C is for Company
#12re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:24pm

The composer was there last night as skillfully pointed out by Wickedgeek. We should have confirmed why he was there, but I believe this key change thing might have prompted his appearance...

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#13re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:29pm

You can't help but fall in love with Tina. She's the epitome of the perfect girl in my humble opinion. Too bad they're both married. Haha

Yankeefan007
#14re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:30pm

They, Phantom?

Who was there, Company, Begulin or Sklar?

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#15re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:32pm

Tina and Cara are by far my absolute FAVORITE Julia and Holly combo!

It was my goal to see them perform together (since I'd seen Laura/Cara and Tina/Amy) and I got to see their performance yesterday (8/5) at the matinee. It was, imo, the best performance of The Wedding Singer I've seen yet!

Cara told me she was pretty sure that that mat performance was her 30th Holly show. So today's mat was her 32nd!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#16re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:34pm

Both Stephen and Tina are married...to different people!

Yankeefan007
#17re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:35pm

Gosh, 32 times? Has the show even played 150 performances?

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#18re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:36pm

How many times has Tina gone on?

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#19re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:37pm

The show's played a bit over 100 performances

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#20re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:39pm

Wow, that's crazy. Amy's missed a little less than 1/3 of her shows. She probably has a very good reason, I guess vocal troubles.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#21re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:40pm

Matt Sklar was there and couldn't have been nice when I spoke to him. He loves seeing everyone have a great time. He looked really proud.

There chemistry during "Not That Kind of Thing" is aweosme, it's so flirty and the brother and sister idea is so prevalent.

I wonder if Tina played more performances than Laura. I wonder if Laura will get replaced.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Yankeefan007
#22re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:47pm

I'm sure they won't replace Laura. It's too much of a hassle with equity, since she's ill.

Anyone up for a chat about it in the chat room? Updated On: 8/6/06 at 09:47 PM

fanohmight
#23re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/7/06 at 2:10pm

I was not sure if I was going to be able to make it to yesterdays MAt show, but when I got there to see Tina's name up for Julia I quickly gave the box office my nickels and dimes.
Tina and Steven were meant to play these part's togther. Bottom Line !!They are smart comic actors with big hearts and a big love for one another and that shows on stage.You see the brother sister flirtation grow until the audience just wants to stand up and hell "Robbie Kiss her already"...and speaking of kiss...The church Kiss looked yummie!
Ok and TINA's Wedding dress has to go...it really did bother me that the dress she picks out with Robbie in the mall is not the one she wears with her mom in the bedroom scene...who do we need to call to make this happen...I mean put the one Tina wears in the bedroom on the dress form in the mall so people stop talking about it during the show...even a kid behind me said "Mom that's not the same dress."
I am looking up Vera Wangs Number...she would never stand for broadways original bride wearing Davids Bridal.
I few more comments...In Act 2 when Robbie says" That's the reason why you are marring Glen ...Cause he's got money" The Audience gasped...and when Tina ran of with tears in her eyes they both had us..." They had as at hello"
Also I'm starting a pole to get a recording of Steven and Tina singing If I Told you WOW and WOW !!!
It was total 80's belted tear jerking POP !!If you have not seen the show bring you tissues. One more ,Grow Old With you was adorable at the end...what can I say I love the two of them togther.I would empty my piggy bank time and time again to see Lynch and Maddigan in these roles.Cara was also really great , I really like her and Tina Together, it is a very natural relationship.There you have my round up !!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#24re: Wedding Singer Review 8/6 Girl w/ Golden Hair performs!
Posted: 8/7/06 at 2:27pm

Matt Sklar is hot! he signed my playbill once.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Videos