News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24- Page 2

What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24

EAPEAPMO
#25What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24
Posted: 4/16/23 at 8:26pm

jkcohen626 said: "Next season is about to make this season look like child's play, musical-wise.

We already know we're getting:

• Once Upon a One More Time
  • Back to the Future
  • Here Lies Love
  • Merrily We Roll Along
  • The Wiz

Then I'd put all of the following on transfer/announcement watch:

• Cabaret
  • Suffs
  • The Notebook
  • Lempicka
  • Evita
  • Joseph
  • Pal Joey
  • Spiderwoman
  • Tammy Faye
  • Secret Garden
  • Chess

I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting too.

It's gonna be wild.
"

Forgetting GREY HOUSE - I think this could be a pretty decent dark horse, if it does horror well there's a pretty huge gap in Broadway for this niche and it could pretty readily become a mainstay like WOMAN IN BLACK was. 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#26What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24
Posted: 4/16/23 at 10:23pm

Cabaret

Pal Joey

Evita

Gatsby

Queen of Versailles 

I'd love to hear any fan casting as well! 

Updated On: 4/16/23 at 10:23 PM

JasonC3
#27What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24
Posted: 4/16/23 at 10:40pm

bruzson said: "If it transfers, and I can't imagine it won't, "Here We Are""

I hope the show is strong enough to merit a transfer, but given the little we know about it now, I have no difficulty imagining that will not happen.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#28What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24
Posted: 4/16/23 at 11:16pm

Markie27 said: "I don’t know if you can call this list biggest anticipated show cause 2 of these London transfer are just rumored and the other one is not even rumored to transfer at all but I’m really hoping these three West End shows would grace the 23-24 Broadway season:

1. Freknall’s immersive Cabaret

2. Paul Mescal in A Streetcar Named Desire

3. My Neighbor Totoro

also I’m excited about the reopening of The Palace theatre.

"

It's Frecknall, and her Cabaret is not more immersive than any other show.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 4/16/23 at 11:16 PM

Dollypop
#29What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24
Posted: 4/17/23 at 12:35pm

The oft discussed revival of BKLN

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#30What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24
Posted: 4/17/23 at 12:41pm

blaxx said: "Markie27 said: "I don’t know if you can call this list biggest anticipated show cause 2 of these London transfer are just rumored and the other one is not even rumored to transfer at all but I’m really hoping these three West End shows would grace the 23-24 Broadway season:

3. My Neighbor Totoro

"

"

Bestie did we go to the same show?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#31What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24
Posted: 4/17/23 at 1:54pm

jkcohen626 said: "blaxx said: "Markie27 said: "I don’t know if you can call this list biggest anticipated show cause 2 of these London transfer are just rumored and the other one is not even rumored to transfer at all but I’m really hoping these three West End shows would grace the 23-24 Broadway season:

3. My Neighbor Totoro

"

"

"

Yes, love. Although performers exiting through the audience seems to make a full show immersive nowadays. Some pre show interactions in the lobby also don't make a show immersive.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#32What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24
Posted: 4/17/23 at 4:32pm

blaxx said: "jkcohen626 said: "blaxx said: "Markie27 said: "I don’t know if you can call this list biggest anticipated show cause 2 of these London transfer are just rumored and the other one is not even rumored to transfer at all but I’m really hoping these three West End shows would grace the 23-24 Broadway season:

3. My Neighbor Totoro

"

"

"

Yes, love. Although performers exiting through the audience seems to make a full show immersive nowadays. Some pre show interactions in the lobby also don't make a show immersive.
"

No, being in the round or exiting through the audience does not make a a show immersive. However, an hour-long experience in which you enter through the basement stage door and freely explore a world while performers perform and interact with you is pretty much definition immersive theatre. 

I think the best way to describe the show is "Cabaret with immersive elements" rather than "immersive Cabaret," but saying it's "not more immersive than any other show" is flat out not true.

If it is, then I guess I've been missing out at every other show I've ever seen. Where was my shot of schnapps after entering through the stage door at Kimberly Akimbo?!?!?! 

Pasunepomme Profile Photo
Pasunepomme
#33What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24
Posted: 4/18/23 at 11:58am

Is there any word on Lempicka's chances for Broadway next season? 

gibsons2
#34What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24
Posted: 4/18/23 at 1:01pm

Pasunepomme said: "Is there any word on Lempicka's chances for Broadway next season?"

I haven't heard anything, but this is my personal most anticipated show. Oh, and Suffs.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#35What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24
Posted: 4/18/23 at 1:23pm

More than the shows themselves, I'm excited for return of some of my favorite performers. I'd love to see them back on stage, even the ones who were recently in a show - Cynthia Erivo, Amber Heard, Laura Benanti, Kristin Chenoweth, Jessie Mueller, Heather Headley, Audra (yes I'm gay, why do you ask?). I don't think any of these artists have announced shows they're going to be in, so would love insights on that too!

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

chrishuyen
#36What will be the biggest anticipated show of 23-24
Posted: 4/18/23 at 9:37pm

Of the ones that have already been announced, the one I'm most excited for is Here Lies Love.  Just following the updates on the Broadway Theatre renovation have been exciting and I'm curious to see how it'll play in a larger Broadway space (with probably a very different crowd).

Of the ones not officially announced, but assumed to be coming in, The Notebook and the Evita revival, especially if Rachel Zegler is indeed attached.  I'd be excited for Chess too, but only if they got rid of the Danny Strong book.

Videos