News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

wicked tickets

BroadwayBaby3
#0wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 3:28pm

my spring break is next week and i was wondering the best way to get cheap tickets for any day next week. i know its short notice, but i'd take row z if i had to!

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#1re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 3:30pm

You most certainly cannot get any cheap tickets for sure. I'd suggest cancellation line or lottery. Row Z would be utterly fantastic for next week, but it's probably not avilable until June.

Dummy Profile Photo
Dummy
#2re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 3:46pm

Will you be in town the whole week? If you can, keep trying the lottery each day...even when there are 300 entries, it's probably the best odds of any lottery you've entered outside your school cake raffle. Or get QtKt's friend to enter the lottery for you...that person seems to have preternatural luck.

QtKt Profile Photo
QtKt
#3re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 4:02pm

Alas, he's back in California.
Out-of-towner's luck re: wicked tickets
I'd go for the cancellation line. You'll spend about a hundred bucks, but it's your best bet.

MissNY
#4re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 4:52pm

It does always seem to be the tourists who win...

#5re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 5:00pm

"but i'd take row z if i had to"

I planned ahead, ordered my tickets several weeks in advance, paid full price ($100 each) and still would have loved to have been in "Row Z!" This was before Wicked bacame a Phenomenom and still I was up in the back of the Mezz. I think it's incredibly naive to expect to get prime seats, at a discount, for the hottest show in town.....

MissNY
#6re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 5:03pm

Wicked never offers discounts, regardless (not counting the lottery) so even if you do manage to get tickets, you wont get them for less than actual cost. At this point you will either have to do the cancellation line, or check ebay and brokers for more expensive tickets

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#7re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 9:08pm

I've won the wicked lottery 15 times and am a local NYCer... not only tourists win.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#8re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 9:15pm

And I'm not from NY, and everytime I've tried the Wicked lotto, I've lost.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#9re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 9:24pm

jwei, you can come with me next time you are in town.

thenextfiyero Profile Photo
thenextfiyero
#10re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 9:39pm

so how does the lottery work? i never actually understood it.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#11re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 9:41pm

liotte- it's a deal. I need some NYCer luck with me. I've only been able to win rent (which nowadays, during the week, isn't too difficult)

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#12re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 9:44pm

The lottery~ You wait on the insanely long line, then you put your name in, saying whether you want one or two seats. If they call your name, you go up to the front (with cash and photo ID in hand) and get your tickets. They are $25 each.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

thenextfiyero
#13re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 9:52pm

I should try that!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#14re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 9:54pm

It's good stuff! I love doing lotteries and go way too often.

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#15re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 9:56pm

I have the worst luck in the world...are they really possible to win???

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#16re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 10:02pm

Yeah, I've won all of them multiple times- Ave Q (3 times), Wicked (15 times), Rent (23 times), Hairspray (7 times), and DRS (2 times). Thank goodness I've only had to buy tickets full price a few times!

thenextfiyero
#17re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 10:06pm

(Napoleon's voice) lucky!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#18re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 10:08pm

I know! I keep bringing different kids from work (I work in a school), so they get to see the shows too.
And it's fun to do the lottery!

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#19re: wicked tickets
Posted: 4/5/05 at 10:25pm

I love doing lotteries. EVEN when I loose. But it's better to win. That's why I keep going back to rent! :)

awkward.

Videos