pixeltracker

RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!

RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
Broadwaynerd101
#2re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 7:29pm

Not to be rude, but couldn't this have gone in the other thread?
Again, not trying to be rude. Just saying!!

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#2re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 7:31pm

I completely forgot about it in excitement. All well.

bwayfan9
#3re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 7:32pm

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama/Biden 08
Updated On: 10/4/08 at 07:32 PM

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#4re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 7:35pm

I am VERY happy to hear this! I will but it the day it comes out, then never watch the movie version again!

Broadwaynerd101
#5re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 7:38pm

Yeah, I am also very excited!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#6re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 7:54pm

Nothing about this makes it official. All it makes official is that if it officially comes out you can officially get it from Netflix.

Or to put it as it is put on the page that was linked:

This movie has not been released on DVD. Future availability is not guaranteed.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#7re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 7:54pm

It's actually been there for a while. Prior to the final cinecast last Sunday. And notice how it says "This movie has not been released on DVD. Future availability is not guaranteed." That's hardly official. Rather, optimism on the part of netflix.

DMsquared2 Profile Photo
DMsquared2
#8re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 8:44pm

Song of the South is also listed on Netflix but it hasn't been released on DVD and is not available.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#9re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 9:27pm

This thread just gave me false hopes. I was unable to see the cinecast because I live nowhere near where it is playing. Now, had I been back home in NYC then that would be a different story.

I am hoping that they do another cinecast as there have been rumors that they would do one around the holidays.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Broadwaynerd101
#10re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 9:38pm

The DVD and the extra cinecast dates have been comfirmed by the cast!

bwayfan9
#11re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 9:40pm

I knew about the DVD, but not the extra dates. YAY!

Obama/Biden 08

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#12re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 10:52pm

I lent my RENT dvd to a friend. I haven't gotten it back. I think that she can keep it now! I hate that movie!

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#13re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/4/08 at 11:09pm

Glad to hear this.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#14re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 8:29pm

oh gosh, I wonder if they'll put my interview on it... haha well if so, I'm the one who looks like sh*t (bc i rolled out of bed and went to lotto) and sounds like a tool (bc i always get awkward on camera)

can't wait!!

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

ashley0139
#15re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 8:32pm

The cast confirmed this at the Chatterbox they did the week after the show closed. They also said that there would be a documentary included and that "people had been following them around for a while."

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Fosse76
#16re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 11:58pm

While I agree that an official confirmation would be nice, the fact that the cast refer to a dvd release as certainty seals it for me. What goes through filming and releasing a Broadway show on dvd is so complicated that if the cast says there will be a dvd, there WILL BE a dvd. If it's true they plan on doing more cinecasts then it wouldn't surprise me if they don't announce the official date until after the last screening.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#17re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/6/08 at 1:13am

What goes through filming and releasing a Broadway show on dvd is so complicated that if the cast says there will be a dvd, there WILL BE a dvd.

I'm sorry, but no. I'm not going to get my hopes up. This is not confirmation. So many things could happen. The studio could decide to cut their losses and pull out at any time. It's not official until it's on store shelves.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#18re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/6/08 at 1:32am

...where the **** is Passing Strange?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Fosse76
#19re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/6/08 at 11:53am

"I'm sorry, but no. I'm not going to get my hopes up. This is not confirmation. So many things could happen. The studio could decide to cut their losses and pull out at any time. It's not official until it's on store shelves."

While it is true that they could shelve it, the unions would have had to agree to a dvd release. It is extremely complicated to work out. It will be released. They know there is a market for the show...I wouldn't even be surprised if they tried to attach it to a special edition of the movie.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#20re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/6/08 at 1:20pm

Didn't care for the cinecast. Probably won't buy the DVD. B3TA07, a little birdie told me that they are going to possibly take Passing Strange to Cannes or Sundance first. (I forget which)

Just give the world Love.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#21re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/6/08 at 1:59pm

Nice! I really want to see it; I didn't give the show a fair chance when it was opened but I'm like obsessed with the OBCR haha

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#22re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/6/08 at 2:51pm

GREAT news!!! re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#23re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/6/08 at 2:56pm

I'm sure that a DVD release has been planned all along and that all contract negotiations were created with that in mind. This is not the type of complicated scenario people have imagined if, say, PBS were to try to go back and re-negotiate the contracts of a "Live from Lincoln Center" program in order to release it on video.

I'm actually a little surprised they didn't try to rush this to get a DVD release by Christmas. But glad to hear the cincecast was a success, and is being shown in theatres again. Hopefully, that will open the door for the taping of other Broadway productions.

sgv123
#24re: RENT The Cinecast DVD is official!!
Posted: 10/7/08 at 7:33am

From Tracie Thoms:

"Originally, we understood that it was going to be released on DVD. This was about a month and a half ago. However, now we're not so sure. We don't know yet if we will definitely get a DVD release. We should have some info in a couple of weeks."

Videos