News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Brywal88

Brywal88 Profile Photo
Member Name: Brywal88
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

My 2014 MISS SAIGON Live Recording Has Dispatched!  Sep 25 2014, 03:20:19 PM
Found it streaming on Grooveshark. Free and legal for those who don't want to wait for CDs to come in or the US release.

I'm surprised by the reactions to Jon Jon Briones. His performance made this show for me. I loved it as a whole but man he really stood out.

Let The Right One In  Jul 8 2014, 01:52:39 AM
I saw this show in May...add me to the list of people who LOVED this show. I thought it was stunning and beautiful...possibly my favorite of the shows I saw in London.

Apparently Brantley liked it too...does this increase the chances of a transfer?
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/08/theater/let-the-right-one-in-a-stage-version-of-a-vampire-novel.html?_r=0

Andrew Rannells to replace NPH in HEDWIG  Jun 13 2014, 12:57:13 AM
What if NPH went into Cabaret and Alan Cumming did Hedwig after Rannells? Not sure if anyone else mentioned this idea...

Jason Robert Brown Speech for Orchestrations  Jun 12 2014, 06:12:31 PM
I read in several press recaps that JRB gave an incredible speech while accepting the award for Orchestrations which was actually awarded before the Original Score award. I can only seem to find his brief speech for Score and cannot find even an excerpt of his speech for Orchestrations. Has anyone seen this and can point me in the right direction? I'll settle for even just a text recap but i can't seem to find ANYTHING.
Help! School Project on the influence of theater critics  Mar 12 2014, 02:02:52 AM
I should not have used the word irrelevant as my current life goal is to be a theater critic. To boil it down my paper will really be about comparing and contrasting theater critics and their influence then (before '89) vs. today. I think it is clear that people certainly paid attention more to reviews before the internet, message boards, social media, etc. but I don't think they are unimportant or irrelevant it was just the easiest way to say how different things are now than in the '70s and
Help! School Project on the influence of theater critics  Mar 12 2014, 01:07:55 AM
I am a journalism student doing a research project for a history of journalism course. I have to submit a pitch for my topic this week and I think I am going to write the influence of theater critics before 1989 vs. today. I am trying to choose some shows (prior to 1989) that were helped immensely by positive reviews and perhaps make the case that critics are somewhat irrelevant today and use a few modern examples. I also need a bunch of sources so if anyone can point me in the right directio
Yoshimi and the Pink Robots Still Happening  Nov 29 2012, 10:09:20 AM
I was really curious about a song list and I managed to find this http://lajollaplayhouse.org/yoshimi-kbyg in case anyone else is interested
Sweeney Todd 2012 London Cast Recording  Oct 31 2012, 09:54:05 PM
Sure!
Sweeney Todd 2012 London Cast Recording  Oct 31 2012, 09:48:41 PM
I just saw a local production of Sweeney and became re-obsessed. I have the other major recordings of this show but am dying for a copy of this one...can anyone help me? Please? PM me...
Jesus Christ Superstar screening canceled  Oct 29 2012, 09:15:15 PM
Yeah Im in Florida too I was just wondering about the details. I really hope this is rescheduled.
Jesus Christ Superstar screening canceled  Oct 29 2012, 08:41:29 PM
It was cancelled everywhere across the country right? Im really disappointed I was dying to see Tim Minchin in this. Why did they cancel? Does this hurricane affect the broadcast across the country? Or is there another reason?
SMASH  Feb 24 2012, 04:15:49 PM
Lets agree to disagree...I was simply suprised to read that people seemed to be taking that scene/song seriously in the episode indicated by people calling it 'terrible'. If you didnt find it funny ok, but it just seemed odd to see so much bitching when I thought surely someone else would find it amusing. I'm not superior to anyone just trying to provide a (humble) opinion like every single other person on this board.
SMASH  Feb 24 2012, 02:05:31 PM
Wow it is amazing to me that no one understood that the Bruno Mars musical was supposed to be funny. I laughed out loud...it was clearly poking fun at jukebox musicals i.e. American Idiot. And I don't know what show you guys are watching but I'm enjoying it...it has flaws but its certainly unique and a lot of fun. Great cast and I dig the original songs. I would like to see some improvement but I'm not sure people get this show.
Cathy Rigby Peter Pan Merchandise?  Nov 21 2011, 02:23:12 AM
In tampa they set up a whole queue line and Cathy had her own table and chair for signing autographs. She was in full costume and extremely nice, willing to take photos, etc. she even puts fairy dust (giant sequin glitter)in your playbill.
Once at NYTW Previews  Nov 20 2011, 12:41:11 AM
I am dying to see this show.
Cathy Rigby Peter Pan Merchandise?  Nov 20 2011, 12:37:26 AM
I saw this in Tampa, FL on Nov. 11th. The artwork from the first post here is on the windowcard. They dont have much merch just a few t-shirts (which seemed mostly geared at children),the windowcard, Dvds and cast album, some toy swords and fairy wands or something and that was basically it. The shirts with the new artwork were pretty nice, navy blue shirts with the artwork but they looked well made not cheap.
On another note I found the show to be in amazing shape, if you are a fan of th

Newsies at the Paper Mill Playhouse  Aug 11 2011, 02:25:02 AM
It may not have been "well received" but I personally have never met a theater geek who doesn't love it. There are a lot of twenty somethings that grew up on and I know lots of people myself included fell in love with musicals because of this movie. I would not even call it cheesy its just that perfect feel good movie that you can rely on to have a great time...and the music is some of Menken's best stuff! The choreo is super cool and the theatricality of the film should land onstage quite gr
Rent Off Broadway (Rent Revival) Cast album!!!!!  Jul 29 2011, 08:02:52 PM
Can anyone possibly direct me to any videos of this production...the anticipation is killing me...
Rent Off Broadway (Rent Revival) Cast album!!!!!  Jul 28 2011, 01:25:45 PM
Im dying to hear this cast if anyone would be willing to send me the "recording" it would make my entire month...please...I really need it its like needing air or water...

P.S. Im in the ensemble of RENT at a theater in my town so Im currently obsessed with all things RENT.

The Five Best Sondheim Rhymes  Jul 24 2011, 03:06:58 AM
"it's fop, finest in the shop, and we have some sheperd's pie peppered with actuai sheperd on top."
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You