News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Age_of_Mendacity

Member Name: Age_of_Mendacity
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Disney Opening a new show at the New Amsterdam this September?
 Apr 10 2024, 03:31:48 PM

So odd they spent the money to put that big lamp on the marquee if it's going to close in the next few months!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/24/24
 Mar 26 2024, 10:25:58 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "I just hopeLempickahelps pass the time for a couple months, so we don’t have to wait *quite* as long for an Encores revival ofWitness Ugandawith Griffin directing."

Unless they bring back Encores! Off-Center, this feels highly unlikely.

Next Sondheim?
 Mar 21 2024, 10:08:10 PM

I'm hoping for Follies, Night Music or Passion. Has been a while (or a long while) for all. Especially hoping for Passion, but even the National Theatre Follies would sufice!

Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... not at the Lyceum February 2024
 Feb 8 2024, 10:41:57 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I’m hoping motive and the cue comes in this season. Or perhaps a renovation, that theatre is so uncomfortable and dull looking."

It would take a legitimate miracle for the Motive and the Cue to transfer before the April 25 deadline since the production is running until at least March 25 on the West End. Shipping (or building) the set, load-in, etc. would leave almost no preview room.

Elton John Completes the EGOT with Emmy Win
 Jan 16 2024, 10:37:14 PM

kdogg36 said: "Also, just to acknowledge the original post: I can think of very few people who are as worthy of an EGOT as Elton John. Every award was well-earned. What took him so long? :)"

Hear, hear! At least John and the recently crowned (sorry for bringing a monarchy back into this) Viola Davis earned their EGOTs for actual creative work rather than relying on a producer-only award to complete their haul.

Sig Theatre space dark for summer?
 Jun 2 2023, 07:38:12 PM

Forgive me if I missed a post/announcement about refurbishment plans, but it seems a little sad that it looks like the Signature Theatre building is going to be dark for most of the summer. Maybe I'm misremembering or maybe it's just a another sign of the economy at the moment, but I feel like they used to host a number of shows -- from other companies, usually -- during the summer. Am I wrong or is this just going to be the new normal for a while?

Evita @ ART
 May 21 2023, 05:44:02 PM

Thanks so much, I fully couldn't find the regional board!

Evita @ ART
 May 21 2023, 04:45:54 PM

Travelled to Boston for last night's show. Was going great -- pretty much the City Center production and a good cast giving their best for a third or fourth performance of the run -- but we made it about 30 mins in (got to halfway through "The Art of the Possible" and they stopped the show and then cancelled the performance due to an issue with the cast. Hopefully all are well, but just wanted to call out the casting for all.

WGA strike impact on the 2023 Tonys
 May 13 2023, 11:27:35 AM

For all of the people asking for televised pre-recorded performances packaged with a general announcement of the winners ... who is going to write the script for this? You can't just string clips together with no introduction or transition (well, I mean you could, but ... ), but even planning what goes where in such a "show" is considered part of the writing process that the union is currently protesting. It's just not a likely scenario when the union is so early in its batt

MERRILY will transfer next falli
 Mar 23 2023, 10:02:05 AM

And my wait time is more than an hour with 3753 people in front of me

ROOM will open this spring
 Mar 17 2023, 12:48:04 AM

KJisgroovy said: ""What this post is really saying is "how dare the producer not spend their wealth on this show!""

The post I believe you are referring to calls out the "late withdrawal" and not the fact that the producer doesn't want to spend their money on the show. There's a nearly a limitless amount of people not spending their wealth on broadway shows and no one in this thread is blaming them. They're saying it's tacky th

Mar 16 2023, 02:36:16 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "I agree that not letting it even open is cruel. And surely the producers knew going into this that they would never make a dime, that this was a “prestige” art house kind of thing. So to pull the plug when ticket sales are low (I’m assuming that’s what happened)? Lame."

If a producer doesn't have the ability to fund their commitment anymore, it doesn't matter how cruel or disappointing it is. It sucks, b

MERRILY will transfer next falli
 Mar 16 2023, 12:45:32 PM

Looks like NYTW members get priority

From them today:

As a 2022/23 member of New York Theatre Workshop, we’ve arranged for you to have priority access to purchase Broadway tickets during the pre-sale period on Thursday, March 23. Keep an eye on your inbox for your access information!

Mar 16 2023, 12:04:08 PM

The financial markets are so uncertain right now that wary investors could like be the norm going forward. Hopefully just an isolated incident, but with so many high wealth tech folks feeling the affects or being worried about Silicon Valley Bank's failure, it may be an interesting summer.

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 16 2023, 09:41:09 AM

I was just coming to say that I finally found Dear World by toggling Off-Broadway (that's a new one for Encores). Grabbed one for Sunday

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 12 2023, 06:26:34 AM

It feels beyond odd that Dear World hasn't popped up yet. It opens in a few days and from City Center's site, there is plenty of availability for most performances. In the past, I feel like Encores shows (obviously not Into the Woods) were available much earlier.

Miscast 23 - Hammerstein Ballroom Seating Advice
 Feb 13 2023, 09:27:49 PM

My experience with Miscast is it seems hard for them to gauge exactly what could be missed in the second balcony because of all those supports for the third balcony above. I've sat there before and if you want to see the whole stage, that's going to be a problem, but some leaning should get you to see the performances (if not the performances and all the people waiting on the sides at the same time). Those center section aisle seats have the poles basically right in the line of sight

PICTURES FROM HOME - P/reviews & News Thread
 Feb 9 2023, 12:26:45 AM

The main crux of most of the story revolves around a person believing his family represents something meaningful about The American Dream/Epic and, to me, reeks of tge classic white Boomer mindset that dominated culture for a long time, especially visual arts in the late 80s and most of the 90s

PICTURES FROM HOME - P/reviews & News Thread
 Feb 9 2023, 12:16:33 AM

Saw this tonight and couldn't shake how much this just isn't a story that needs to be told (at least not like this). Amazing performances all around (though I don't think Danny was wearing a wig tonight though they generally didn't address his age). Another white Baby Boomer story aimed at white Baby Boomers just doesn't feel that revolutionary -- that said, there is an audience for it, as tonight's show was pretty fully sold.

Anyone seen or heard anything about MERRILY?
 Nov 15 2022, 01:09:19 PM

While NYTW definitely doesn't need to build buzz for this show, in looking at their Twitter, they usually release rehearsal photos a couple weeks out (which would be now-ish). I'm sure that depends on how rehearsals are going.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You