News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayGal3

BroadwayGal3 Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayGal3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: I'm...Just...A...
 Apr 21 2005, 03:29:55 AM
Uh, bump?
I'm...Just...A...
 Apr 20 2005, 05:13:46 PM
Any other Israeli fans go to see Tzviki Levine's "Broadway Baby" in Tel Aviv tonight?
re: Les Miserables - Hebrew
 Mar 27 2005, 06:32:00 AM
I guess this doesn't really help, but I have a casette of Les Mis in Hebrew in case you come across a tape player...
re: I HAVE A RANDOM QUESTION
 Mar 26 2005, 03:40:19 PM
<-- Actress Orna Banai in "Eretz Nehederet" (Wonderful Country).

Any fans out here??

"Art isn't easy!" Broadway Drawings
 Mar 26 2005, 02:33:30 PM
My school recently put together an exhibition of all the art created by the students this semester. As my space was fairly Broadway-oriented, I thought I'd share with y'all!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v352/mpp511/Art/

[There's one non-theatre drawing in there...guess which :p]

Maybe we can turn this into an art-sharing thread. Does anyone else have drawings to share?

re: Wall to Wall Sondheim
 Feb 9 2005, 12:36:24 PM
Any idea if they're recording? Come to think of it, probably not. Over 100 performers...!

*sigh*

re: Mistakes on cast recordings...
 Jan 24 2005, 06:10:09 PM
Not a mistake, just something funny:

I noticed this today. In "Six Months Out of Every Year" on the Damn Yankees revival recording, one of the husbands burps (quite loud) towards the end...

re: Kiss Me Kate in Israel
 Jan 23 2005, 01:49:02 AM
The plays are in english with Hebrew translations on top...do I make sense?

I was born in NY, now living in Israel.

I've got Fiddler on CD and Les Mis on tape...and a Dudu Fisher CD where he talks about (and sings) Les Mis and says something about "Who Am I" being sort of like Yom Kippur prayers...

And I love Kazablan!!!

Jan 22 2005, 05:40:58 PM
Sorta. It's an professional-equivalent-amateur group that puts on a musical every year and takes it on the road. I saw Annie Get Your Gun last year and it was fantastic.
 Jan 22 2005, 05:24:05 PM
Just bumping as it got burried within the first two minutes...
Kiss Me Kate in Israel
 Jan 22 2005, 04:29:05 PM
Just informing, as I've noticed there are fellow Israelis here...

The Light Opera Group Of the Negev (LOGON) is performing Cole Porter's Kiss Me Kate this year. The tour starts in March, I believe.

I've got tickets. :)

http://www.lightopera.2ya.com

re: What are you listening to right now?
 Jan 22 2005, 04:22:32 PM
Victor Garber singing "Those Were The Good Old Days" from the Damn Yankees revival...I love this man... :p
re: musicals on video
 Jan 9 2005, 11:47:25 PM
SITPWG
Into The Woods
Sweeney Todd, either the full play (Lansbury) or the concert version (Lupone). George Hearn is in both.

re: Non-Serious Male/Female duet
 Dec 29 2004, 02:39:40 PM
There's a song from Fame and I don't know it. One of my friends did it and I know part of is "....My arms and to ring out the new! I have found him..."
---------
I believe that's "Ten Minutes Ago" from R&H's Cinderella...

I would go with "Anything You Can Do" or "Together Wherever We Go."

re: 'Glinda's bubble' in Wicked
 Dec 26 2004, 01:24:38 PM
Yes. I also found the point where she gets "unbuckled"...I noticed Manuel Herrera fiddling around with the back of the bubble...
Sawasdee
 Dec 25 2004, 03:19:06 PM
I'm kinda new to posting on this thread, but I've been reading it for a while...but anyway, have a great trip and happy holiday, Anthony!
re: Jump Over the Moon
 Dec 4 2004, 02:23:57 PM
While we're on topic...

I recently heard the music of RENT for the first time...could someone please tell me what the meaning of the long "suicidal Mickey Mouse" line is supposed to mean (if anything??)? Maybe I'm naive...

re: Favorite Forbidden Broadway Spoofs
 Dec 4 2004, 02:19:22 PM
Any idea when they'll record new material? I'm dying to hear "Defying Chenoweth"...btw, has the "Unworthy of Your Love" spoof been recorded?

Favorites, let's see...

Lion King Segment, Circle of Mice, etc.
"Ten Years More"
Into the Words
Be Depressed
Teeny Todd

and that one with Sondheim vs. Webber on the piano...can't remember the title for the life of me..."Isn't he rich?...Send in the crowds..."

re: what five shows opened before you were born ...
 Dec 2 2004, 12:06:23 AM
Sweeney Todd
Sunday in the Park with George
Into the Woods
Song and Dance
A Chorus Line

re: Musicals in Israel
 Nov 28 2004, 02:12:30 PM
I agree with musical_il...

There's nothing to be afraid of, it's all media. After all, would a perfectly normal day where everyone's happy and nothing tragic happens make it on the news...?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You