News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwayguy2001

Member Name: broadwayguy2001
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: B'way Actors in Commercials
 Mar 8 2007, 10:08:05 PM
Norm Lewis was also in an Olive Garden commercial.
re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
 Sep 22 2006, 12:33:15 AM
I thought so too. And Dana was amazing. I can't imagine what that must have been like on a press night.
 Sep 22 2006, 12:23:00 AM
I thought so too. The audience LOVED that song. Pardon the gushing over Miguel...0:)
 Sep 22 2006, 12:13:49 AM
They also added a 5-minute intermission, which was actually a lot of fun and picked up with Chip's erection song. It actually was a perfect segue for Miguel Cervantes (Chip). He was hysterical coming down the aisle and yelling at people to "Sit down so we can start the show! If you don't sit down, we can't start"...lol
 Sep 22 2006, 12:11:42 AM
Sorry if the title was misleading. Sarah ran offstage and started coughing, came back, exited again and her mic was left on this time and it was obvious to everyone around my guest and I that something was wrong because you heard more coughing. Jennifer Simard (Rona Peretti/comedic genius) played an audience game for a bit, went offstage with other cast members, came back and said that Logainne's twin sister would come out and take her place since Logainne was ill. Dana came out, crowd applau
"Spelling Bee" Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
 Sep 21 2006, 11:56:32 PM
I attended the opening night of "Spelling Bee" in Baltimore last night and Sarah Stiles (Logainne Schwartzandgrubenierre) got sick during the show...show was stopped a couple times and then like an absolute T-R-O-U-P-E-R, Dana Steingold went on in her place flawlessly. Here's hoping that Sarah is better and has an amazing run and an amazing tour with "The Bee!" Amazing production if you get a chance to see it. Kudos to the entire cast!!!:)

re: VCR Alert!!! Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on the Today Show!!
 Jan 28 2005, 08:29:08 AM
Amen Thespian! But it is all so worth it just to see this first little glimpse of John and Norbert. :)
re: Putting it Together
 Jan 20 2005, 01:16:02 AM
I too love the DVD of this revue...who can pass up Ruthie for god's sake?!?
re: Musicals in College!
 Jan 20 2005, 01:13:56 AM
Right now I'm in the ensemble/understudy for the Leading Player in "Pippin" (our mainstage production), Hartley in "Titanic" (our Music Theatre Ensemble), and one of the 3 reporters in "Floyd Collins" (student-directed project)...all of which is taking place at Shenandoah Conservatory in Winchester, VA!

re: Pic from All Shook Up
 Jan 13 2005, 02:24:45 PM
No Mint...that's Cheyenne Jackson.
re: Review of Wicked (1/9)
 Jan 9 2005, 04:32:40 PM
No kidding...I'm almost scared to see the amount of reviews that'll post here later. :/
re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
 Jan 9 2005, 04:17:28 PM
I agree...I have never seen her, but I do love her soothing voice on the revival cd of ITW :)
re: are most of you....
 Jan 5 2005, 07:51:21 PM
I'm currently in my second and last semester as a music theatre major in school...real world, HERE I COME! :)
re: Shows to see
 Jan 4 2005, 09:34:48 PM
I would suggest Avenue Q, La Cage, Little Women, Chicago, and The Producers. :)
re: CABARET love
 Jan 4 2005, 06:39:37 PM
luvtheemcee, the first and only time that I saw Cabaret was with Adam and Susan on Adam's birthday no less. My friend and I met him at the stage door after the show and he was the sweetest guy ever to take pictures with us and sign our Playbills. I definitely still miss this show.
re: Broadway Box Office makes HISTORY!!!
 Jan 4 2005, 06:32:59 PM
Being someone from the field, I also say YAHOO! These won't be permanent numbers, but it is still good to see to be optimistic. YAY BROADWAY!
re: What show do you most regret not seeing?
 Jan 4 2005, 06:26:08 PM
RAGTIME. I kick myself everytime I listen to the cast recording.
re: sweet charity confirmed for hirshfeld
 Jan 4 2005, 06:23:06 PM
Being someone who isn't really familiar with the show at all with the exception of brief excerpts from the movie and the ever-popular "Rich Man'Frug," "If They Could See Me Now," and "Big Spender," I'm pretty excited to see what the show will turn out to be. Not to mention, they do have two out-of-town tryouts to get things solid. I also love seeing revivals of classics and trying out new things. That is what revivals are! :)
re: A Broadway Phantom better than Hugh Panaro? Come on, is that possible?
 Jan 4 2005, 06:19:07 PM
Howard McGillin gets my vote 0:)
re: Most Difficult Musical Theatre Song
 Jan 4 2005, 02:29:31 PM
I must say that I do agree that many of Sondheim's works are difficult, has anyone listened to some of the more contemporary shows by contemporary music theatre composers such as Adam Guettel. I'm doing a performance of "Floyd Collins" this semester at the university I attend and I got the CD over Thanksgiving break and MAN, IS IT HARD! Lovely score, but there are parts where I honestly wonder how some of these actors got their notes. For a singer who knows every Sondheim show (even "Bounce".
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You