pixeltracker

"Spelling Bee" Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(

"Spelling Bee" Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(

broadwayguy2001
#0"Spelling Bee" Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/21/06 at 11:56pm

I attended the opening night of "Spelling Bee" in Baltimore last night and Sarah Stiles (Logainne Schwartzandgrubenierre) got sick during the show...show was stopped a couple times and then like an absolute T-R-O-U-P-E-R, Dana Steingold went on in her place flawlessly. Here's hoping that Sarah is better and has an amazing run and an amazing tour with "The Bee!" Amazing production if you get a chance to see it. Kudos to the entire cast!!!:)

SweetQintheLights
#1re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 12:01am

aww...I hope she feels better soon also. You said the show was stopped a couple of times...why? Wouldn't it just be once so Dana could go on? Did Sarah seem ill?
I'm happy to hear Dana went on with no problem! Congrats to her.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#2re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 12:01am

Aww, not Sarah! She is one of the highlights of the tour!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 12:05am

I thought the subject was referring to an audience member contestant...

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#4re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 12:07am

Aww! Hope Sarah feels better soon!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#5re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 12:08am

I thought the subject was referring to an audience member contestant...

Same here.

So when did they change Logainnes? It's not like there's an intermission.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

broadwayguy2001
#6re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 12:11am

Sorry if the title was misleading. Sarah ran offstage and started coughing, came back, exited again and her mic was left on this time and it was obvious to everyone around my guest and I that something was wrong because you heard more coughing. Jennifer Simard (Rona Peretti/comedic genius) played an audience game for a bit, went offstage with other cast members, came back and said that Logainne's twin sister would come out and take her place since Logainne was ill. Dana came out, crowd applauded and she did the rest of the show.

broadwayguy2001
#7re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 12:13am

They also added a 5-minute intermission, which was actually a lot of fun and picked up with Chip's erection song. It actually was a perfect segue for Miguel Cervantes (Chip). He was hysterical coming down the aisle and yelling at people to "Sit down so we can start the show! If you don't sit down, we can't start"...lol

LizzieCurry
#8re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 12:19am

Aw, that's cute!

broadwayguy2001
#9re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 12:23am

I thought so too. The audience LOVED that song. Pardon the gushing over Miguel...0:)

SweetQintheLights
#10re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 12:24am

Aww... it seems as if Sarah did her best to stay in but if she was that ill (as it sounds) it was best for her "twin sister"- understudy to go on.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

broadwayguy2001
#11re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 12:33am

I thought so too. And Dana was amazing. I can't imagine what that must have been like on a press night.

joanntom
#12re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 3:05am

well--its a tour there will probably be more press nights... and more mishaps

FeelingElectric
#13re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 5:12am

I went last night, and Sarah was still out. She is expected back by Tuesday. Dana did a great job.

Indeed joanntom, there was another mishap last night.
The sound board died right before I Speak Six Languages. The show was stopped for 10 minutes, during which we were led in a chant of "Putnam Valley Piranhas". The left side chanted "Putnam", the center "Valley", aand the left "Piranhas".

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#14re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 7:53am

I'm seeing it tonight. Had to exchange my weekend season ticket to be able to head up to NYC for the flea market.

Should anything unusual happen at tonight's performance, I'll be sure to post.

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)

gillybean Profile Photo
gillybean
#15re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/22/06 at 10:47am

My friend is an intern at 321 and said Dana and the other covers started rehearsals last week learning all the roles so she only did Logan for two days of the week. They came in Monday evening and met the cast . At rehearsal Tuesdat afternoon, Sarah was ill and they asked if Dana would be ready to go on Tuesday night and started to go through the show with her. I guess they did a short put in with her and apparently taught her the sign language and end of the show which she hadn't learned. THEN, she went again in the middle of the show Opening night for press and guess again last night. I cannot imagine the pressure of doing that with James Lapine and all the producers there. Having seen her do things in college last year, I know she would have handled this well. I am such a fan! I cannot wait to see her Olive...or Logan with rehearsal! What a graduation gift for her!!

FindingNamo
#16re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/23/06 at 2:45am

I'm worried that you only used the word "amazing" three times in your single paragraph post. Personal I don't go see anything with fewer than four amazings.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#17re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/23/06 at 2:53pm

Aww, poor Sarah.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Chanticleer148 Profile Photo
Chanticleer148
#18re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/23/06 at 3:27pm

First of all, thanks to the original poster of this thread for the information.

Ignore people who have nothing else to do except troll about the site randomly dropping in with their nasty, unoriginal rhetoric.

LizzieCurry
#19re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/23/06 at 3:32pm

Ignore people who have nothing else to do except troll about the site randomly dropping in with their nasty, unoriginal rhetoric.

...what?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#20re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
Posted: 9/23/06 at 3:36pm

I have a feeling that was aimed at Namo. [insert comment about pots and kettles here]

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Videos