Pic from All Shook Up

Thought I would share with you...

CCM '10!

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#1re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 2:21pm

Is that Manley Pope in the photo?

Does anyone know when this musical will run on Broadway? I'm excited to see Manley Pope! So glad he'll be back.

broadwayguy2001
#2re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 2:24pm

No Mint...that's Cheyenne Jackson.

broadwayguy2
#3re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 2:29pm

a.) That looks NOTHING like Manley Pope. If you are sucha fan, how come you can't recognize him?

b.) Manley is not doing the show for a reason. The man would deservedly be booed off the stage. he is a disgrace as a performer.

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#4re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 2:32pm

don't bite my head off...I've heard so much about him, checked out his website...I found a playbill article saying that Manley Pope was supposed to be cast as the lead. You never know, he could have died his hair, right?

broadwayguy2
#5re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 2:40pm

do you look at dates on articles? manley did the original staging at goodspeed, was HORRIBLE, and they deecided not to keep him on... thanlfully the producers showed actual judgement.

Um.. hair aside.. that does NOT look like manley Pope in the least. Chey looks TOTALLYU different.

And really, there is no excuse or shear laziness. it is mentioned over and over and over that cheyenne jeckson is the star of all shook up.

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#6re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 2:42pm

YAY!! I saw that picture a long with another one last night on playbill.com! They open for the press in Chicago tonight and then they finnish there run there on the 23rd. They head to the palace theater here in NYC previews begin on Fed 20th!

I didn't think Manly was that bad in the role. But I think that Cheyenne Jackson is really good!

mint0621 you should go see the show even though Manly isn't is it because it is a really fun feel good kind of show! I really enjoy it! I liked even more then I thought I would when I saw it last week in Chicago! I can't wait till it gets home here to NYC!

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!
Updated On: 1/13/05 at 02:42 PM

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#7re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 2:43pm

there is no excuse for sloppy spelling either. It's spelled "sheer", not "shear". "Shear" is what you do to sheep.

I don't have all the time in the world to research Broadway shows. And if you don't have enough courtesy to say something helpful, I suggest you don't post a message at all.

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#8re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 2:45pm

PennyLou~ Thank you for being helpful! The show sounds like fun, will definitely check it out.

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#9re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 2:46pm

YAY, glad to her that! and your welcome!

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#10re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 3:02pm

And you wonder why people run screaming from this site.

Come ON, BG2.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

BwayTheatre11
#11re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 3:29pm

Here are some more:

re: Pic from All Shook Up

CCM '10!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#12re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 3:30pm

OK...I have posted before that it really gets me how people come on here asking questions who's answers are found on practically all the theatre websites. AS I stated before, if you can find your way to this website than it seems you would be visiting Broadway.com. Playbill.com, Theatremania, etc. And it really doesn't take time or research. With that said, I also feel that the nastiness and sarcasm toward people who may ask these questions is really uncalled for and is a waste of posting space. JMHO

Just give the world Love.

NativeNewYorker
#13re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 3:43pm

Cheyenne's pretty cute.

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#14re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 4:06pm

To be honest, I just giggled like a little girl waiting for someone to post the correct info.

But the venom was uncalled for.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#15re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 5:53pm

hehe that picture of Cheyenne on the motorcycle makes me laugh. You gotta see the show to know why. haha Let's just say, it's one of the best intro for a character. re: Pic from All Shook Up Those pics make me wanna see it a third time...:-P

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#16re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 5:58pm

Bway Theater-- I love your signature quote!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#17re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 5:58pm

Oh, Cheyenne. re: Pic from All Shook Up

A work of art is an invitation to love.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#18re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 6:00pm

And that picture where he's in front of the shoe store is *Im guessing* Blue Suede Shoes...It better not be that literal of a show. Hoping the songs fit into the actual plot rather than simply singing about a shoe store. As much as people on here hated it, Mamma Mia!'s songs fit very well into the plot without being literal at all. Hoping that song is NOT Blue Suede Shoes.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#19re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 6:08pm

Great photos! Cheyenne! :)

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#20re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 6:27pm

"Hoping that song is NOT Blue Suede Shoes."

Nope, the song they're singing in the picture you're talking about is "C'mon Everybody." "Blue Suede Shoes" (the whole song) was just added into the show (replaced by "Roustabout" (reprise)) when Natalie (Jenn Gambatese) rides in on a motorcycle. There is also little part of "Blue Suede Shoes" at the curtain call.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D
Updated On: 1/13/05 at 06:27 PM

broadwayguy2
#21re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 6:29pm

the building is a shoe store.. hence the building is made from shoe boxes.

jsp
#22re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 6:49pm

Geez broadwayguy,
Curious. Just how painful is it to have a stick up one's butt all the time?

broadwayguy2
#23re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 6:53pm

I don't have one stuck up there. It's gets TIRESOME around her.

Sunfish
#24re: Pic from All Shook Up
Posted: 1/13/05 at 6:59pm

chinkie, I laughed at cheyenne's entrance too, but I thought it was cute and clever. The show had a lot of energy and some great performances. Overall really a fabulous cast. Leah Hocking was hysterical, I loved Mark Price, and Jonathan Hadary was an unexpected treat in a "father's" role. So glad to see Curtis Holbrook, who(m?) I last saw in Taboo, with such a fine featured role displaying his wonderful voice and dancing abilities (several males in my section yelped with those splits....) Really, I shouldn't start naming names, because they were all quite wonderful.

But, to wickedrocks, I have to ask the rhetorical question, "what plot?" I guess there is one in there somewhere...even a surprise or two, but it is mostly a stream of closely-packed, very well done Elvis songs. Which is not a bad thing at all! I hope they do ok with the press tonight.

Videos