Vanessa Williams in Chicago

me101 Profile Photo
me101
#0Vanessa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 4:02pm

I heard thet Vanessa was offered the part of Velma in the movie but turned it down. I think she would be a great Velma, she does the bitchy attitude really well and she's a very good singer. What do you guys think?

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to. -Dorothy Parker
Updated On: 1/9/05 at 04:02 PM

BWayBoy88
#1re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 4:07pm

AHHHH!! I am still traumatized from seeing her in Into the Woods.

aspiringguy715 Profile Photo
aspiringguy715
#2re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 4:11pm

*calms BwayBoy down*

I haven't heard her, but from what people have told me, she was horrible in ITW. From those opinions, I'm guessing she wouldn't be that great.

#3re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 4:13pm

I've never seen her on stage, but I do like her voice a lot. It's not amazing, but it's very pleasant sounding. Just hearing her voice on a cd is nice.

broadwayguy2001
#4re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 4:17pm

I agree...I have never seen her, but I do love her soothing voice on the revival cd of ITW :)

#5re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 4:19pm

I haven't heard her on ITW, but she sounds beautiful on Save the Best For Last and Love Is(her duet with Brian McKnight).

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#6re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 4:22pm

i can actually see her singing all that jazz

::bust a move::

BWayBoy88
#7re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 4:31pm

She is good in a recording studio, where they can edit it together and make her sound good. Which is what they do in movies, so I guess she would of been fine.

However when she is live, and singing Sondheim, it was just painful.

#8re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 4:36pm

I saw her doing like an hour long Proactiv program last night when I couldn't sleep lol. She is a gorgeous woman.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#9re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 4:47pm

She did suck monkey balls in INTO THE WOODS - she was absolutely horrendous. I do think, though, that she would make a pretty good Velma in CHICAGO - she's more like that haracter and her voice is more fit for that score. She should never sing Sondheim again.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

AnothaPartofMe
#10re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:00pm

It's so strange... in her pop music, she has such a great, melting voice ("Save the Best for Last"), but in her Broadway turns, she has a very nasal and hard tone (KISS OF THE SPIDERWOMAN and INTO THE WOODS)... maybe that's her 'character voice'.

Oh, and back when the movie was in talks in the mid-90s, the original three ladies were Goldie Hawn as Roxie, Madonna as Velma Kelly and Rosie O'Donnell as Mama Morton.

And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...

perfusion Profile Photo
perfusion
#11re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:09pm

I think she would have made a terrific Velma.

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#12re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:31pm

STOP, in the name of love!

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#13re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:32pm

whoever doesn't like Vanessa Williams can kiss my puerto rican @$$

you all are a bunch of haters..the woman is a godess

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#14re: Vanesa Williams in Chicago
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:36pm

The woman can sing. She is an excellent singer.

She was a great Rosie in the Bye Bye Birdie TV movie, and sounded beautiful on the Rosie songs.

Videos