pixeltracker

Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Opens April 2010

Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Opens April 2010

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#2re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Opens April 2010
Posted: 12/22/09 at 11:36am

What a great vehicle for Megan. This is smart casting. Here's hoping Roundabout doesn't eff it up.

Ed_Mottershead
#2re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Opens April 2010
Posted: 12/22/09 at 11:46am

Is there any crying need for this to be done again? I'm sure Mullally and Oswalk could find something more worthy of revival. I saw it first go-round, it was okay, but why?

BroadwayEd

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Opens April 2010
Posted: 12/22/09 at 11:50am

With both Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally on Broadway this coming Spring 2010... all we need now is Debra Messing and Eric McCormick to be added to the cast of other Broadway shows (new or old) and there's our semi-WILL & GRACE reunion. re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Opens April 2010

re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Opens April 2010

broadwayjim42
#4re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Opens April 2010
Posted: 12/22/09 at 11:59am

Sam Truman...Will's brother...ah, the things you think of when you're bored at work.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#5re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Opens April 2010
Posted: 12/22/09 at 12:38pm

For my money, its McNally's best work. And it hasn't been produced in NY since the beginning of the nineties. Mantello and Mullally should both be perfect fits.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#6re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Opens April 2010
Posted: 12/22/09 at 2:34pm

Brody, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking! haha. How awesome would that be? If Eric ended up doing Birdie, then we might've had three out of the four and only needed Debra. But I'm happy for Sean and Megan.

Anyways, I'm really excited to see this. I missed Megan in Young Frankenstein so I'm looking forward to seeing her on stage in this.

Yankeefan007
#7re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Opens April 2010
Posted: 12/22/09 at 2:43pm

For once, Mantello is perfectly cast.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#8re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
Posted: 12/22/09 at 3:12pm

I am a BIG fan of Patton's! I hope I can see this!

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#9re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
Posted: 12/22/09 at 3:29pm

Love the play...love this casting...I just hope the show stays on the path it's already headed down and then it might turn out to be a great production.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

CanWeTalkBroadway? Profile Photo
CanWeTalkBroadway?
#10re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
Posted: 12/22/09 at 3:45pm

Yeah, geez, I would be clamoring to pay cash money to see Debra Messing in, um, ah... absolutely nothing. Perhaps a revival of Wildcat that would close in previews?

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#11re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
Posted: 12/22/09 at 3:47pm

Wow what a wonderful treat!

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#12re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
Posted: 12/22/09 at 3:48pm

fantastic. another show I want to see come the spring. So many shows, so little money.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Dollypop
#13re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
Posted: 12/22/09 at 3:51pm

Thanks to BrodyFosse for posting that picture of Eric (swoon!)

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#14re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
Posted: 12/22/09 at 4:17pm

I <3 Patton

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

LindaTNo1
#15re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
Posted: 12/24/09 at 5:58pm

It would be great to see all four cast members in a Broadway production. Sean and Megan are going to be doing their limited run plays/musicals in 2010 and it would be fantastic to see both Eric and Debra in something too in 2010.

Eric and Debra are the most theatrical trained, with Eric in Canada in his extensive education and Debra at NYU's Masters Program in Acting. Both have higher degrees in theater so to say that Debra could not pull it off do not have any idea on her background in theater and where her roots in acting started from with NYU's graduate acting program. I think that some envy her extensive acting background and the same for Eric. Both have great voices (especially Eric) and Debra has the Masters Degree in acting and has done some theater overseas too.

Do not underestimate Debra Messing. She is doing great with her humanitarian work with HIV/Aids in Africa as an ambassador and all of her other charitable contributions to the world, in addition to her film and television work.

Eric does alot with cancer, due to his mothers death to cancer, and he is doing really well with mini-series work, film roles, and his re-curring role in The New Adventures of Old Christine, on television. His role as Julia Louis Dreyfus therapist is great.

All four cast members have so many project going on with Sean and his production company and getting projects with TV Land Channel, among others too. And reading film scripts along with alot of other things going on.

Megan will be fine in this project as a limited run thing. ALL four cast members are remaining VERY CLOSE and keep the contact strong and stable. That is a rare gift and such an amazing thing for them to be tightly knit with each other and the love and care for each other. What a real blessing it must be for them to have this amazing closeness for each other.

I wish that there could be a way for all of them to do a WAG film.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#16re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
Posted: 12/24/09 at 7:10pm

Debra Messing is one of my favorite comediannes, she's great. I think she'd have been wonderful as Karen Weston in AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY (hoping she gets cast in the film version as unlikely as that is).

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#17re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
Posted: 12/24/09 at 8:55pm

People also forget that Debra Messing created the role of Harper in the earliest readings of Tony Kushner's ANGELS IN AMERICA (and was apparently brilliant.)

Her theatrical chops are quite legitimate.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#18re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
Posted: 12/24/09 at 10:37pm

Wow, somethingwicked, I had absolutely no idea. I'd love to see her take on Harper. Not surprised to hear she was brilliant, it seems at odds with her current persona, but I can see her being able to master Kushner's brilliant way of intertwining humor and drama. I can so imagine her saying some of my favorite Harper lines: "Ridiculous" or "Do homos take like a lot of walks?"
How I wish I had a time machine. Thanks for that info, somethingwicked, that makes me want to see Messing on Broadway even more.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Brick
#19re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
Posted: 12/25/09 at 1:25am

She was Harper at NYU, where Part Two: Perestroika was first produced in a production by Michael Mayer. And Roy was Ben Shenkman.

Videos