News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for usher2

Member Name: usher2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Draw the wrong moral from a musical
 Feb 26 2021, 05:28:17 PM

Carousel: Hit your wife, mess up a botched robbery, commit suicide and you will still get a  good song in the Second Act. 

Your First Broadway Show
 Jun 17 2020, 09:40:42 PM

The Music Man, in 1958. I was five years old and clearly did not understand the show, although I loved the experience and music. I was amazed by the scrims rising from the house exterior to interior and to this day insist all the Wells Fargo horses were real. But it wasn't until the movie version many years later did I realize that Harold Hill was a scam artist and that the whole thing was a wonderful satire of a bad boy made good by love.  All I knew in 1958 was that my mother put a

Jekyll & Hyde 1995 Tour vs. Broadway Production
 May 28 2020, 06:44:39 PM

I saw a version at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood many years ago.  I have seen many many musicals and this was probably the worst experience, especially given the lavishness of the production contrasting with the poorly writtena material. The audience was laughing at the wrong spots; who can forget the hair waving switching of personalities. Time to move on to discuss more worthwhile projects. 

MCP's JEKYLL & HYDE Concert Set for February 2021
 May 7 2020, 03:26:38 PM

Why do this? This show was one of the very worst I have ever seen after a long life and many musicals. Awful, awful.

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw
 Apr 9 2020, 07:11:05 PM

No one has mentioned my particular nightmare: Jekyll and Hyde musical by Wildhorn. It began bad and never ended. Even the hairflipping change in personalities was laughable.

And way back when, "Sugar" was a dreadful adaptation of a great film. Let's hope the next attempt is better.

Biggest Tony upset of all time?
 Mar 18 2019, 01:49:13 PM

Going way back to 1971:  Two Gentlemen of Verona over Follies for Best Musical.  Even the presenters and winners were stunned.  And while I love some of Galt MacDermot, how the hell did that happen?  How many revivals have there been of Two Gentlemen?  

Great Numbers in Mediocre/ Bad Shows
 Dec 3 2018, 07:57:55 PM

Going way back to Kander and Ebb's The Happy Time:  the title song , I Don't Remember You, Among My Yesterdays.   It was among the very first show I saw as a kid and the music stuck.

re: Best Musical Theatre Song of All-Time (Pick ONLY One)
 Nov 2 2018, 01:58:49 PM

Some Enchanted Evening from South Pacific

Strong plays for college-aged plays?
 Sep 28 2018, 05:48:56 PM

Take a look at:   "All My Distances Are Far."  It was performed in Los Angeles last year professionally. Perfect for college age actors.

https://www.stagerights.com/allshows/all-my-distances-are-far/

https://newplayexchange.org/plays/36398/all-my-distances-are-far

Re Nothing could save Jekyll and Hyde
 May 22 2018, 12:13:39 AM

Nothing could save Jekyll and Hyde even if God came down from heaven in that scene.  I have been going to musicals for 45 years and that was among the two or three worst ever.

re: re: re: re: re: re: Top 10 Musicals
 Apr 26 2018, 01:24:26 AM

With Jekyll and Hyde on top, I must be in an alternative universe.  One of the most painful nights ever.

Worst Movie Adaptations of Plays
 Apr 10 2018, 06:06:32 PM

The Children's Hour

A Little Night Music, with Liz singing "are we a pair?"

"One Song Glory" from RENT
 Mar 6 2018, 12:52:26 PM

Beautiful

Selling Playbills from 2008-2011
 Dec 27 2017, 12:15:13 AM

Hi I have about 200 Playbills mainly from the '60s to the "80s.  I am happy to donate them to a school/library, etc. or give them to a collector. Any one have any ideas?

Old Playbills
 Dec 26 2017, 01:36:53 PM

I have several hundred Playbills dating back to the early 60s. Does anyone know a library/organization that might want them donated? 

If you can change ONE dd
 Nov 29 2017, 05:21:28 PM

Not a show I despise but just wanna say:  In Hamilton, make Jefferson's character less jokey and lightweight.  He comes off as a dunderhead until the final interchanges.  It was as if Lin-Manuel could not stand to have anyone be distinguished except for Alexander H. and Washington.  Yes Jefferson was a slave owner and probably rapist.. but still.....  not a clown. 

re: Your Top 5 LEAST Favorite Musicals
 Nov 28 2017, 02:17:58 AM

1. Jekyll and Hyde

2. Jekyll and Hyde

3. Jekyll and Hyde

4. Sugar

5. Rex  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You