News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Duckie4

Member Name: Duckie4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 02:23:41 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Duckie4 said: "Broadway Forever2 said: "TotallyEffed said: "Broadway Forever2 said: "is Rachel singing in this? What's the point of her in it if she's not singing?"

Uhh well she’ll be acting in it, dear.
"

I guess. All the roles I've seen her in she's been singing lol. I assumed if she did broadway she would do a musical.
"

ALL

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 12:17:49 PM

Broadway Forever2 said: "TotallyEffed said: "Broadway Forever2 said: "is Rachel singing in this? What's the point of her in it if she's not singing?"

Uhh well she’ll be acting in it, dear.
"

I guess. All the roles I've seen her in she's been singing lol. I assumed if she did broadway she would do a musical.
"

ALL the roles you've seen her in? As in plural? In wha

THE CHER SHOW to (finally) go on tour  Nov 20 2023, 11:18:45 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: ""

Morgan Scott is a dear friend of mine and I am just so excited for her. I am praying that this is received well!

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Feb 23 2023, 11:15:49 PM

I saw the show tonight as well. Wasn't a fan. There's not much I can add here that hasn't already been said. But I swear to God, if I see one more Broadway show where a character does a vocal fry "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaas" to get a laugh I'm going to lose my ****. 

AIN'T NO MO to close December 18  Dec 15 2022, 12:24:56 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Duckie4 said: "So....regarding these celebrities that are "buying out performances," what does this actually mean?

Are they literally buying the remaining tickets to a set show? Or are they just figuratively buying the performance by donating a set amount to the show, a set amount that WOULD buy every seat in the theatre? If they're literally buying up tickets, who gets these tickets and who sees the show?

My

AIN'T NO MO to close December 18  Dec 15 2022, 12:09:50 AM

So....regarding these celebrities that are "buying out performances," what does this actually mean?

Are they literally buying the remaining tickets to a set show? Or are they just figuratively buying the performance by donating a set amount to the show, a set amount that WOULD buy every seat in the theatre? If they're literally buying up tickets, who gets these tickets and who sees the show? 

My old brain is confused. 

AIN'T NO MO to close December 18  Dec 12 2022, 10:13:46 AM

Hello, old white lady of means here. (Well, I'm 61 but by the board's standards I guess I'm old.)  Don't live full time in the city, but have a place there for coming up every few weeks to see shows, so I know more about Broadway than your average ticket buyer.  I always pay full price because I can afford it and in a weird way I feel like that supports Broadway. I guess I'm a sucker. 

Had tickets to both KPOP and Ain't No Mo for January. &nbs

AIN'T NO MO to close December 18  Dec 9 2022, 06:19:57 PM

I was just coming here to post the same. I was supposed to see it Jan 5. Unbelievable. 

Into The Woods casting updates  Aug 8 2022, 04:07:29 PM

"Denis O'Hare was No spring chicken when he played the role! Personally, Cerveris reads young to me."

If you mean the one at the Delacorte in 2012, he was 50.  

Hollywood Stars We Haven’t Seen On Broadway  Aug 8 2022, 02:29:53 PM

JSquared2 said: "Duckie4 said: "Give me Matt Damon on stage. Please."

He's already played the West End

https://playbill.com/article/oscar-winner-matt-damon-makes-west-end-debut-in-this-is-our-youth-com-104860

"

Ok, then, give me Matt Damon on Broadway.  Please. 

Hollywood Stars We Haven’t Seen On Broadway  Aug 8 2022, 10:32:22 AM

Give me Matt Damon on stage. Please. 

Hollywood Stars We Haven’t Seen On Broadway  Aug 8 2022, 10:31:22 AM

JBroadway said: "Duckie4 said: "Not everyone can be everything. It's ok."

Artistically, yes it’s ok to accept the separate skill sets. And maybe trying to force it will sometimes result in mediocre star performances. But I think the batting average is strong enough that the benefits outweigh the artistic "risks."

Based on the direction of the industry, I think it's import to keep investing in the cross-pollination of

Hollywood Stars We Haven’t Seen On Broadway  Aug 7 2022, 10:46:34 AM

binau said: "If a film actor can’t remember the lines for an entire show, broaden their performance for the stage, be able to perform a whole show in one take, get nervous in front of an audience, project their voice, have the stamina to do 8 shows a week etc etc does it mean they are a ‘bad actor’? For me I think I just accept they are different mediums/different jobs rather than suggesting only the good ones can make it to the stage."

Well, no. &n

Hollywood Stars We Haven’t Seen On Broadway  Aug 6 2022, 07:46:30 PM

Lola Getz2 said: "That being said, where the heck has Amy Adams been? Seriously, she should have had a starring role in a new musical or major revival by now. Mame, perhaps? Or even the Sweeney Revival? Now that I could get excited about."

She was the Baker's Wife in the Delacorte's "Into the Woods" back in 2012, I think.  I wasn't a fan, but there were lots of other problems with the production so who knows whether a different vehicle woul

Hollywood Stars We Haven’t Seen On Broadway  Aug 6 2022, 07:39:50 PM

JBroadway said: "When a film actor is highly skilled, really committed to the technical craft, and has lots of experience with preparation, character work, focused listening and responding, etc., I think they're more likely to be good onstage than not. Especially with a good director."

Couldn't agree more. And I think the Broadway stage, more than any other medium, will quickly reveal any weakness in an actor's skill. Some will adjust and rise to the occa

Hollywood Stars We Haven’t Seen On Broadway  Aug 6 2022, 05:40:01 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Sold out? An actor getting the chance to make a fortune and appear in one of the biggest franchises in cinematic history is considered “selling out”?

So Robert Downey Jr., Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Olsen, Chris Evans, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, Salma Hayek, Gwyneth Paltrow, Benedict Cumberbatch, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Angela Bassett, Luputa Nyong’o, Jake Gyllenhaal, Angelina Jolie (just to name a few) - have all&helli

Hollywood Stars We Haven’t Seen On Broadway  Aug 6 2022, 12:38:24 PM

JBroadway said: "People love to name examples of celebrities who gave bad performances on Broadway. But in my experience, good actors are good actors; in the majority of cases, an actor who's skilled on camera will usually also be skilled onstage.You can name plenty of exceptions, but IMO they're just that: the exceptions, not the rule. I think it's telling that, whenever these conversations come up, it's always the same few names tossed around (though admittedly, I c

Hollywood Stars We Haven’t Seen On Broadway  Aug 6 2022, 08:30:10 AM

jagman1062 said: "OuttaTowner said: "I’ll also toss in Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Interesting to ponder - with any of these fine recommendations - if the star would “pop” on stage (you know, have that Broadway stage “presence” or merely fade into the scenery? Sometimes, film charisma doesn’t translate into stage success.
"

So very true. Julia Roberts in Three Days of Rain about 15 years ago is proof that great fil

Into The Woods casting updates  Aug 2 2022, 10:24:46 AM

Phillipa Soo is doing Guys and Dolls at The Kennedy Center with performances starting early October, so I don't know how that timing will work out.  

THE KITE RUNNER Previews  Jul 8 2022, 12:54:05 AM

HeyMrMusic said: "A performer performing with a mask, I believe, means that they had tested positive for covid but are asymptomatic and they have not yet completed their ten-day isolation as per AEA rules. This happened a couple months ago atMoulin Rouge!"

I see, thank you.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You