ADDAMS FAMILY Rush

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#1ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 1/9/11 at 10:37pm

My sister is interested in seeing THE ADDAMS FAMILY, but isn't willing to pay a lot for it...

What is the rush info? (Price/Seat Location)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
rmusic11322
#2ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/4/11 at 2:58pm

Has anyone tried the rush lately? Might try to do it soon and would like some more info and stories. Thanks!

rmusic11322
#3ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/5/11 at 9:47am

Anyone?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/5/11 at 10:30am

I went last week and was told they no longer do rush and only have standing room which they never sell because they never sell out.

averagebwaynut Profile Photo
averagebwaynut
#5ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/5/11 at 4:56pm

Perhaps you simply had an oblivious treasurer because I saw the show again last week on a rush ticket (wanted to see it one more time before Nathan left) and my buddy from DC visited this week and did the same.

The most current rush listings on Playbill.com also indicate that they continue to offer rush at $36.50.

"No matter how much you want the part, never let 'em see you sweat." -- Old Dry Idea commercial

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/5/11 at 6:35pm

Hmmm. Well that's good to know! I know they haven't been selling out, so it seemed odd to me that they would have done away with rush for the show.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#7ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/5/11 at 8:15pm

I was wondering this too since I would like to catch this cast before they leave. Is it only on weekdays or can I go on a weekend too?

And is it strictly 2 hours before curtain or can I check for availability and possibly get my ticket earlier?

wicked4l
#8ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/5/11 at 8:27pm

You can get your tickets earlier, but they are strict about 1 per i.d.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#9ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/6/11 at 12:02pm

I went on Jan 22 and was able to get a rush seat for the matinee. It was in the middle of the Mezz, not a bad view at all. The ticket was $36.50. (BroadwayForBrokePeople.com has it incorrectly listed as $41.50.)

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

bwayfan7000
#10ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/6/11 at 1:21pm

I tried to get tickets for friends a few weeks ago for the Sunday mat and they said "no rush today."

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#11ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/6/11 at 2:01pm

For those who said they were told there was no rush, did you specifically ask for Student rush? Because when I went I at first just asked if there were any rush seats and the man at the box office said they didn't have any. I then asked if they usually sold out right away and he said that they don't even offer rush seats. I was a bit confused by this so I said that I read on their website that they had student rush seats, and the guy said "yes we do have student rush seats left. Would you like to buy one."

So perhaps you are getting this same guy who is a bit pedantic when it comes to rush seats.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

bwayfan7000
#12ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/6/11 at 4:34pm

I might not have specified...I really don't remember. It wasn't for me, so I'm afraid to say I wasn't trying terribly hard.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#13ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/6/11 at 10:08pm

I did it today. Got there around 1pm. I got a lady box office person. I guess it is best to specify student rush because at first I just said rush and she corrected me. The lady seemed bothered by the fact that my ID doesn't put dates on it, but she sold me one anyway. $37 (the fee was $2). The mid-mezz was very empty so there were plenty of seats.

rmusic11322
#14ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/6/11 at 11:11pm

Thanks for the information everyone. Do they except high school student IDs? When I went to try to get a student ticket for Elf, they said they wouldn't validate it.

SondheimFan23 Profile Photo
SondheimFan23
#15ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/6/11 at 11:19pm

Why would you rush to see the Addams Family?

"Look I made a hat... where there never was a hat." "Think of how I adore you, think of how much you love me. If I were perfect for you, wouldn't you tire of me?" "Somebody, crowd me with love. Somebody, force me to care. Somebody, make me come through, I'll always be there, as frightened as you, to help us survive. Being alive. Being alive. Being alive!" "There are worse things than staring at the water as you're posing for a picture after sleeping on the ferry after getting up at seven to come over to an island in the middle of a river half an hour from the city on a Sunday!"

Broadwayboy505 Profile Photo
Broadwayboy505
#16ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 2/7/11 at 1:04am

I went last month. Love the show. You really can't beat the rush price, though. I believe it's available for every performance except Saturday nights.

hdl
#17ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
Posted: 5/13/11 at 12:43am

Has the student rush changed at all? Can I get 2 student rush tickets with my id, or are they still strict about 1 ticket per id?