Light in the Piazza video

SondheimFan23 Profile Photo
SondheimFan23
#1Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 6/20/15 at 12:08am

Does anyone have a full video of the Light in the Piazza (e.g. the Live from Lincoln Center one?) I love the soundtrack and can't find a video of the production.

"Look I made a hat... where there never was a hat." "Think of how I adore you, think of how much you love me. If I were perfect for you, wouldn't you tire of me?" "Somebody, crowd me with love. Somebody, force me to care. Somebody, make me come through, I'll always be there, as frightened as you, to help us survive. Being alive. Being alive. Being alive!" "There are worse things than staring at the water as you're posing for a picture after sleeping on the ferry after getting up at seven to come over to an island in the middle of a river half an hour from the city on a Sunday!"

purplehibiscus Profile Photo
purplehibiscus
#2Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 6/20/15 at 1:22am

I have the link to a fan-shot video with Kelli. The quality is pretty good for a bootleg. The show is amazing! If anyone out there has the Katie Clarke Live From Lincoln Center, I'd love to have a copy...thanks! 

Updated On: 6/20/15 at 01:22 AM

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#2Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 6/20/15 at 3:01am

I too would love a copy. Used to be on YouTube but sadly no more.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#3Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 6/20/15 at 11:21am

I should have a copy on an older DVR that I didn't have to return to DirecTV.  But, I don't know how to download it.  

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#4Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 6/20/15 at 2:39pm

Use the composite outputs (yellow for video and red and white for audio) on the DVR unit (or better yet the S-VHS output for better picture quality) that one would normally connect to the TV inputs but instead feed them accordingly to the DVD burner inputs. It's actually very simple to do.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#5Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 6/20/15 at 2:50pm

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 6/20/15 at 02:50 PM

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#6Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 6/20/15 at 4:19pm

The whole broadcast was on YouTube. Not sure if it still is. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#7Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 6/20/15 at 4:49pm

This one I actually have but I'm disappointed in the video quality. 

There was a similar thread on the South Pacific broadcast that I was never able to find a good copy of either.

purplehibiscus Profile Photo
purplehibiscus
#8Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 6/20/15 at 5:13pm

it was taken down Light in the Piazza video

rjm516
#9Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 6/20/15 at 5:43pm

I'm so sad the PBS broadcast wasn't with Kelli. She was so much better and natural. I thought Katie Clarke's portrayal of Clara was like almost in a cutesy "wheee I have a brain injury I act like a chiiiiild!" manner and was so so off-putting. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#10Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 6/20/15 at 5:46pm

"I'm so sad the PBS broadcast wasn't with Kelli. She was so much better and natural. I thought Katie Clarke's portrayal of Clara was like almost in a cutesy "wheee I have a brain injury I act like a chiiiiild!" manner and was so so off-putting. "

I agree with this. Also, Katie Rose Clarke's voice can't compare in any way to Kelli O'Hara's.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#11Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 10/15/15 at 11:45pm

Does anyone happen to have a high quality download of the broadcast? It was on youtube, but not anymore. Light in the Piazza video

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#12Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 10/18/15 at 1:30pm

BUMP

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#13Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 10/18/15 at 2:08pm

I'd like one too. Someone sent me one once but the quality was awful and it was only act two!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#14Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 10/18/15 at 4:02pm

I believe I taped (remember them kiddies) it off tv when it was originally broadcast . I than burned it to a dvd.

Poster Emeritus

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#15Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 10/18/15 at 4:27pm

maxkko said: "Does anyone happen to have a high quality download of the broadcast? It was on youtube, but not anymore."

The YouTube may have been pro-shot, but I never saw anyone who had an HD capture of this show yet. All SD.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#16Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 10/18/15 at 5:19pm

Having been done in 2006 it's likely it wasn't even shot in HD let alone broadcasted.

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#17Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 10/18/15 at 5:34pm

Yeah, I realized that after I posted. I just don't want the worst quality possible. The one that used to be on YouTube was very nice.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#18Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 10/18/15 at 5:48pm

I wasn't really referring to your original post, but haterobics' comment saying all the ones they'd seen were SD.

I totally understand you there, the copy I recently saw had to be about 360p.

Jabere
#19Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 10/18/15 at 5:51pm

it was very nice seeing VC do a mesmerizing perfomance

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#20Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 10/18/15 at 5:55pm

Mr. Nowack said: "Having been done in 2006 it's likely it wasn't even shot in HD let alone broadcasted."

PBS started broadcasting in HD in 2004, and this was on Live From Lincoln Center, so it seems possible.

The copy I saw circulating was 288p.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#21Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 10/18/15 at 6:51pm

I never knew! I believe all the stations caught up to the HD game at different paces.

That 288p copy is probably the one I saw.

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#22Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 10/18/15 at 8:29pm

South Pacific was in HD. I didn't see it when it was broadcast, but the one that was on YouTube was HD. Hoping someone will find this thread and magically have a copy of both. :)

billyelliotfan123
#23Light in the Piazza video
Posted: 11/18/15 at 10:45pm

BUMP

also does anyone have the South Pacific broadcast?