News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ShowBro

ShowBro Profile Photo
Member Name: ShowBro
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 6 2024, 09:06:00 PM

Play Esq. said: "While ^ is true, I found Diana, Holly, and Reg to be quite likable.”

For me there was no resolution with Diana’s character arc. The only time she got up the nerve to stand up to Peter was in the last act when she was coked up which made me like her a little less. 

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 1 2024, 06:47:01 PM

This show has too much hype around it rn. Went this afternoon expecting an 11/10 experience but got a super long play that was just good with some *wonderful* musical moments. By far the best parts of this show revolve around the music. But for me there were absolutely no stakes to the plot and many of these characters were so one dimensional. I think this would have been much more powerful if this was edited down. I will undoubtedly look forward to album release tho!! Also Sarah Pid

farewell Kimmy!
 Apr 28 2024, 06:16:58 PM

Absolutely destroyed this is Kimmy’s last day on Bway!! Has anyone heard anything about a possible London transfer? 

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season
 Apr 27 2024, 11:24:38 PM

“The Story of the Atlantic Cable,” “Underdeath,” and “Forgiveness” - Days Of Wine and Roses 

the whole damn score - Dead Outlaw 

Grammys Best Musical Theatre Album 2024
 Feb 2 2024, 01:00:09 PM

Who will win on Sunday night?? Kimberly Akimbo, Parade, Shucked, Some Like It Hot, and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I’m hoping Kimberly Akimbo!! (I wouldn’t mind Groban winning for Todd either.)

KIMBERLY AKIMBO to close in April
 Jan 6 2024, 06:33:45 AM

Tickets are not yet available for the final performance. Do we think the house will be reserved for friends/family of the show and any remaining tickets will be released to the public closer to closing? I was at the very first preview at The Atlantic and must have this full circle moment with the closing of this brilliant piece. 

New Hadestown Casting
 Oct 3 2023, 02:39:16 PM

Bring back Damon Daunno finally!

Is the migrant crisis affecting broadway?
 Aug 31 2023, 01:11:23 PM

The headline of this thread is unfortunate. I have been living in NYC for 20 years and have been an avid Broadway goer for even longer. Post-Covid NYC with its marked increases in crime/homelessness/the mental health crisis coupled with the droves of migrants around The Row have definitely created a very “lively” and different land scape around the area. 

As someone who lives in Brooklyn, my theater going habits have completely changed Post-Covid. I am much le

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
 Jul 10 2023, 12:58:24 PM

FANtomFollies said: "I also kind of hate that the design is only partially transformative, you can still see the ceiling and some of the Broadway theatre through the lights and rigging. To me it looks sloppy/cheap."

I agree that the overall transformation looks and feels oddly cheap (especially with some of the ugly projections), but I thought that keeping the Broadway’s ceiling visible through the rigging was actually one of the more interesting choices that p

Jul 2 2023, 05:16:17 PM

I enjoyed/didn’t mind standing multiple times for both De La Guarda and Fuerza Bruta, but bc the floor is narrower at the Broadway, it’s harder to maneuver such a large crowd into so many different configurations. While I think the floor staging is ambitious, it’s ultimately unsuccessful from a functional angle as a standing audience member in my opinion.

Jul 2 2023, 09:19:09 AM

Saw yesterdays matinee performance through TDF in the standing floor section and need to go back and see this in either the front mezz (or floorside seats) as someone else suggested above. I thoroughly enjoyed Arielle Jacobs, Conrad Ricamora and Jasmine Forsberg, all delivering top notch powerhouse vocals. I was also very much into the Broadway’s transformation with the pink glowing chandeliers and pumping music. 

I wasn’t so much into the standing experience. I know i

FAT HAM Reviews
 May 25 2023, 09:35:45 AM

Saw this last night through TDF and absolutely ADORED it. Fat Ham is everything that I love about live theatre in NYC. It is unapologetically black and queer and is unafraid to take risks that majorly pay off. Huge props to the entire cast, especially Nikki Crawford, Billy Eugene Jones, and of course Marcel Spears. It’s funny and touching and weird and intense and I cannot wait for James Ijames’ next work. More plays like this on Broadway pls!!

Sweeney Todd Lottery
 May 7 2023, 01:03:07 PM

Yes, my husband won a few weeks ago and it was an amazing experience. Front row with the orchestra right at your feet - it was surreal. But the stage is v high and you miss the entire last 10 or 15 minutes bc all of the action is down on the stage floor. 

Phantom Closing?
 Apr 6 2023, 01:22:47 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Did u end up getting a ticket ?"

Yes, I sure did!

Phantom Closing?
 Apr 6 2023, 12:53:57 PM

For those interested in SRO updates, I went today at 7:45. There were 9 people ahead of me, with the first two getting there at 6A. By 8:30 the line was long already, with most people probably not getting a ticket if they arrived after. I was hoping they would have box seats available for tonight’s show but SRO was only available. 

Phantom Closing?
 Apr 3 2023, 11:41:13 AM

Thank you! Also, are box seats only available day of at the box office as well?

Phantom Closing?
 Apr 3 2023, 11:29:31 AM

Hello fellow Fantoms. I apologize in advance if this has already been answered, but planning on doing SRO queue this week and was wondering if I can purchase two tickets or just one? 

thanks!

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews
 Mar 20 2023, 12:30:24 PM

bear88 said: "

--. None of Kimberly's family members seems to care about her..
--. Instead, they say awful things to Kimberly, neglect her, or make things worse. And except for the fact that the audience is meant to feel sorry for her, it's mostly played for laughs.
--- We eventually learn other unpleasant and increasingly implausible things about Kimberly's family, with a last straw that seemed so cruel as to be unbelievable even given the low opinio

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Mar 19 2023, 09:50:33 AM

Caught this last night from a lottery seat and am v glad I did not pay full price for this show. While I give it props for being a new original musical, I found the “jokes” to be so tedious after about an hour I could not help but just roll my eyes every time one of the basic dense and dumb one-liners was hurled. Back to back to back to back. 

I totally agree that the score and book belong to two different shows. While Caroline Innerbichler had stunning vocal momen

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Feb 21 2023, 07:23:49 AM

inception said: "If they were going to pre-record the performance it would have been better to do so at the theatre on the actual set instead of in the TV studio. If people see this & think it is the actual set it looks bad.”

No shade, but the *actual* set at The Shubert doesn’t look that much more impressive in person than the version on The View. 

I wanna know why they are still hiding Christian Borle in drags? No promotional materials/pe

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You